Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Fairly normal June day in the capital at 21c with sunny spells. Very pleasant actually with a nice breeze. Quite alot of hysteria elsewhere on the site about the heat later this week. 2 days of temps above 30c in SE in June is hardly exceptional. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Wahoo . now showing 33c by the time we get to the day they normally add a degree or 2 

FF9DE2FC-B5C1-4F5B-A9F3-4D88CD1013F3.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Warm and sunny here, just some patches of high cloud moving through.

30c forecast here for three straight days From Wednesday through to Friday with the potential they could go a little higher. It would put this month into the good category overall.

If 34c is reached it would equal the peak of the hot spell at this time last year.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
18 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Fairly normal June day in the capital at 21c with sunny spells. Very pleasant actually with a nice breeze. Quite alot of hysteria elsewhere on the site about the heat later this week. 2 days of temps above 30c in SE in June is hardly exceptional. 

But it's looking like 4 days above 28°C and 3 of those above 30°C (possibly closer to 32-34°C in places). That's heatwave conditions and it will feel hot, not something to be easily brushed off IMO.

Edited by Stabilo19
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

Wahoo . now showing 33c by the time we get to the day they normally add a degree or 2 

FF9DE2FC-B5C1-4F5B-A9F3-4D88CD1013F3.jpeg

It will not be that hot 34-35C I’m certain, we will be lucky to reach 33C feel more likely 32C.

Posted

It’s seems the new normal for our heatwaves now is 33 - 35 degrees - in June/July it doesn’t take much for us to get that hot now. Let’s see how this heatwave/mini heatwave plans out. Would be nice to see it extended until at least saturday or the next best thing get a quick reload

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Siberian town in the Artic Circle reached a record 38c/100f on saturday, thats actually quite a worrying when you think about it, thankfully our temps won't be quite so high as that but the humidity could be a problem until fresher air pushes through at the weekend.

Posted
9 hours ago, Daniel* said:

It will not be that hot 34-35C I’m certain, we will be lucky to reach 33C feel more likely 32C.

We shall see Daniel , I see they predicted max 23c today in-fact we got over 24c . we nearly always see the Temps Increase closer to the time although you may well be right , I see the Beeb have shown 33c for Friday now so that’s unusual for so far out , my gut feeling is that we will reach 34c at some stage . 

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted
28 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

We shall see Daniel , I see they predicted max 23c today in-fact we got over 24c . we nearly always see the Temps Increase closer to the time although you may well be right , I see the Beeb have shown 33c for Friday now so that’s unusual for so far out , my gut feeling is that we will teach 34c at some stage . 

With 14C 850hPa temps I just can’t see it being that hot not like we have had an extended warm spell. No models show it being that hot apart from questionable ARPEGE. Tops ECM is showing is 30C it’s not going to be 4C off. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

With 14C 850hPa temps I just can’t see it being that hot not like we have had an extended warm spell. No models show it being that hot apart from questionable ARPEGE. Tops ECM is showing is 30C it’s not going to be 4C off. 

let’s see I’m calling 34c somewhere in the southeast. Ps if we get to 33.6c I win

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted

I see the the Temperature has been downgraded a little this morning due to one of the runs being a bit less scorching . I am happy though with the further outlook . All this tap of doom and gloom really isn’t there for us in the southeast . A much better outlook after all the recent Rain . 

A91C491B-D512-479A-95BB-58855AC07013.png

Posted

Are those In the SE that are nearer to north and east facing coasts going to get some moderation from the breeze? The charts appear to be moderating the temps for me in north kent but I find this only happens if winds are anywhere from N to NEE. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
20 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

Crystal clear skies here at Dymchurch - A bit breezy but that will drop off tomorrow - were going to try Camber Thurs.

Dungeness power station in the distance....

9435FACD-5A60-459E-88B1-A684188D55E5.thumb.jpeg.19fc34aeb1230c4b1c0175d4ae3823fc.jpeg

If you're driving be aware that the 3 Camber Sands car parks are closed. The only one open in the vicinity is at Broomhill where the kite surfing centre is.

logo-for-facebook.png
WWW.EASTSUSSEX.GOV.UK

Visiting Camber Sands.

Posted

Late Thursday and certainly Friday will see quite alot of high and mid level cloud which will surpress the temperature somewhat. I would say max 31c somewhere just NE of London. Much cooler and more mixed afterwards. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Gorgeous afternoon with clear skies and a light southerly breeze. Currently around 27c. Looks like NW London will see the highest temperature today (possibly getting close to 30c).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

27c and 39% humidity here In Cambridge. Cloudless. Proper summer - not unbearably hot, not overly humid, just right. Lovely. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Yes, a wonderful day here in Boxmoor as well with temps showing 27.8c and humidity at 38%. Superb.

• Like 1

Posted

So Northolt has reached 29c today , So a Temperature higher than forecast . 

A6320199-76AB-4782-9375-7F23007E1CC6.png

• Like 4

Posted

Arpege temperature forecasts for the next three days.

arpegeuk-41-27-0.png?23-17   arpegeuk-41-51-0.png?23-18   arpegeuk-41-75-0.png?23-18

Low thirties possible, more so in the western half of the region tomorrow and Thursday as the wind will be southeasterly. Eastern areas might see 30C more widely on Friday as winds veer southerly.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 5

Beautiful day! Summer days in the UK are a lot more bearable when you get to work from home. 28.7c according to my closest weather station. Maybe a degree or two hotter in the next few days but this is perfect.

Edited by Uxbridge90
  • Like 2

Posted

Just hit 29.3c here with 37% humidity showing on my station, not to bad at all.

• Like 1