Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Torrential rain now again in the capital after yesterday's deluge and last nights soaking. Certainly very welcome. No drought problems this summer. My allotment is loving it!! Temperature just 16c though. Much cooler than forecast. Fairly poor forecasting generally this last few days. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Nice to see some rain and "cooler" temps before next week's heat.

It looks like we could have a heatwave under the classification 3 days >28°C. ☀️

Another thoroughly wet and miserable day, looks like it's finally clearing and there's blue sky and sunshine behind it! Maximum of 15 c so far but I imagine that'll shoot up rapidly once the sun comes through. The sooner these weak storms and wet weather clear the better, high 20s, even into the 30s for next week will be very welcome! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

I would really like at least some rainfall around here before the next prolonged dry spell kicks in, cloudy today with glimpses of the sun here and there and 18c 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Good lord the suns just come out here with temps at 14.0c. I predict next week gardens and crops are going to be growing very nicely indeed, perfect. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunshine returned here around 3pm, still a lot of cloud around but the temperatures are recovering at least. Up to 20c so far.

• Like 1

Posted

The downpours / storms did not materialise but with 18mm from the morning. I’m now on 153% of average, very dry these parts the June average is 40mm (Greenwich). All of a sudden gone from what was looking a dry month, to very wet one in the space of a day. It’s a very nice evening though getting the chance to dry out somewhat, everything is soaked, my poor plants getting too much water! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Spent the day sea fishing in Sussex barely any rain this morning and the sun came out late morning onwards, a good day had temps comfortable 

IMG_20200618_122825_990.jpg

IMG_20200618_122825_911.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

So then on to the the heatwave potential theres mention of max temps next week anywhere between 30c and 36c if GEM models right in our region? what do we reckon?  Any guess the temp competitions going?

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Kentspur said:

Spent the day sea fishing in Sussex barely any rain this morning and the sun came out late morning onwards, a good day had temps comfortable 

IMG_20200618_122825_990.jpg

IMG_20200618_122825_911.jpg

So what are fish. Good eating or not?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I can't do heat, this week has wiped me out, hope it doesn't go to high. 

• Like 2

Posted

Blue skies and sunshine this morning

as for 30c heat, nope don’t want it, don’t like it! Anything above 25c and I start to get quite ill, happy to keep the warm sunny days we’ve had lately all summer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
9 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

I can't do heat, this week has wiped me out, hope it doesn't go to high. 

I can do heat, Alexis, but high humidity is a different matter: I think is was 2017(?) that was endlessly muggy. Just like much of last week was. Yuck!:oldsad:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Dull,damp and humid with a temp of 13.5c. Different pic next week with it heating up, agree about the humidity prefer 30c and low humidity to 23c with it high,unfortunately we always seem to end up with it high when it gets warm/ hot here, price we pay for being an island i suppose.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 hours ago, General Cluster said:

I can do heat, Alexis, but high humidity is a different matter: I think is was 2017(?) that was endlessly muggy. Just like much of last week was. Yuck!:oldsad:

Yep good point, if it's a dry heat it's easier to cope with, unfortunately though, my ms really plays up when it's hot, so even dry heat just makes me tired and weak. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

And now for something I forgot to mention yesterday::oldgrin:

The rainfall, on Thursday morning amounted to something just over 1" (28mm in pre-Brexit measurements) hereabouts, and made weeding the easiest it's been for months! And, despite temps of over 20C, yesterday, the hugely reduced RH made hard work seem easy...:clapping:

So, I do empathise with @markyo (and others) about next-week's conditions: things are going to feel goddamned awful!

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 2

Posted

Looking more and more likely somewhere in the SE will hit low 30’s by mid week. I never mind the heat in the day, it’s the resulting heat overnight I can’t bear.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Breezy old day today and plenty of cloud this morning from the front passing though. Rainfall was pathetic - not even enough to damp the ground here. But the sun is now out and the temp has shot up to 22.5C at 16.00.

28152539_Satellite21Jun15_45.thumb.jpg.a34096555a28d616ed109d865ff77078.jpg

I know it's not for everyone, but I'm really looking forward to the heat of the coming week and then some storms. After all, it wouldn't be a UK summer without our traditional "three days and a bang" type heatwave. :oldsmile:
GFS currently suggesting the thundery outbreaks that will start from Weds over in the west of the UK will gradually move east to (hopefully) give most of us in the Region a chance of afternoon/evening of storms on Friday 26th. Still a way off, but one to watch. Here's Friday's CAPE and LI forecasts:

Fri afternoon: 103414081_GFSCapeLI26Jun14_00.thumb.GIF.3340cacbc4da408163817f68bbc26db2.GIF evening: 241087575_GFSCapeLI26Jun20_00.thumb.GIF.2163790c5d2ad2461992d10012836100.GIF

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Met office app has 20C lows for me it’s that time of year again approaching! Can’t say I look forward to it. 

• Like 1

Posted

Didn’t get any rain I don’t think this morning, maybe a few spots in the air. Have to say, not looking forward to the heat of the week, but it’s summer so expected. Be nice to get a storm at some point, just please weather gods, not Saturday daytime, having my flooring finished off that day, so far managed to get the boards cut outside in the sunshine, thus keeping all the dust outside, if it rains, not possible as electric and water don’t mix well ⚠️⚠️☠️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

We had around 1mm earlier, but the 30mm from the other day has had a significant effect on our garden.  I must say I don't like the sound of the expected hot and humid conditions later this week.

Posted

So here we go, looks like we're in for a scorcher later this week with laura.t on gmb saying temps up to 34.0c. will it all go bang next weekend?. At the moment it's a lovely start here with clear skies and a temp of 10.6c.

• Like 3