Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just checked it, just suddenly rose to 91%about half hour ago. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Here we go folks nice and steady , keep going all you rain dancers out here .

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

new cells firing up south of London . Have to say I’ve been surprised today that we haven’t reviewed more of a deluge . This hopefully wil change and it will be sizzling heat next week , Hooray .

52916896-24E7-49C4-A93A-CA3DFA82CE2F.png

Certainly had a deluge here around 8pm, in half a hour 25mm of rain fell. Torrents of rain. I’ve only seen scenes like that a few times, we also have all this rain pilling in from near continent in for night. Had 4mm since midnight. From that one deluge June, is wetter than average here. Today, could be another deluge...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Beautiful sound of raindrops, bouncing off the velux

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Good spell of steady rain in our region this morning, not to heavy allowing the the ground to absorb it so hopefully not flooding. Back to summer next week with good spells of sun and some high temps before it all goes bang again,maybe!! 

Posted

Well this is definitely further south than expected, unless I've moved to East anglia over night. Knew this from yesterday though. Was wondering why everyone still thought it would move north. Shame as it looks like the south convection won't happen. 

Posted

I might have just over reacted tbh lol. Convection in the channel already visible, just not sure if it'll be able to do much, we'll see. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

I might have just over reacted tbh lol. Convection in the channel already visible, just not sure if it'll be able to do much, we'll see. 

Those Channel showers look very slow moving too!

18.8mm here since midnight! That’s more rain than we’ve had in all of May and June put together so so far...at least I won’t need to get the hose out this evening. 

Edit: looking at the radar, I guess that’s a convergence line running along the south coast as the main patch of rain is moving west but the heavy showers are moving (slowly) east

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Those Channel showers look very slow moving too!

18.8mm here since midnight! That’s more rain than we’ve had in all of May and June put together so so far...at least I won’t need to get the hose out this evening. 

Edit: looking at the radar, I guess that’s a convergence line running along the south coast as the main patch of rain is moving west but the heavy showers are moving (slowly) east

I think they are moving north east. 

Posted

Humidity is at 97% going to be a very sultry day when the sun arrives soon, I think the rain will clear the se coast soon. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The overnight area of rainfall from the occluded front has been far more extensive than the model forecasts were suggesting yesterday (including the Arome chart I posted), with the entire Region seeing something (9mm here). I guess most of us won't grumble though, as the overnight rainfall is most welcomed for the gardens.  

Radar 05.40: 401278128_Radar18Jun05_40.thumb.jpg.0b10e8470df1fa1fff725fc113fc3477.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

The overnight area of rainfall from the occluded front has been far more extensive than the model forecasts were suggesting yesterday (including the Arome chart I posted), with the entire Region seeing something (9mm here). I guess most of us won't grumble though, as the overnight rainfall is most welcomed for the gardens.  

Radar 05.40: 401278128_Radar18Jun05_40.thumb.jpg.0b10e8470df1fa1fff725fc113fc3477.jpg

A lovely drop of rain, this...and plenty of time for it all to soak in!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Could get interesting again later once this mass of precipitation has moved on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine

Lots of rain here in Redhill overnight, now humid and damp (not going to use the M word) getting excited about next week with the sun & heat! 

Posted
21 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

A lovely drop of rain, this...and plenty of time for it all to soak in!

Soak in it did indeed, through my rain coat, clothes and into my skin, whilst walking the woofs at 7 this morning. I swear it waited til I left home before a heavy load came along. But the garden is loving it

• Like 1

Posted

I can see blue sky, and the cloud from the showers in the channel now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Non-stop moderate to heavy rain this morning.

Posted

16mm of rain here fell overnight so that’s over a month’s worth of rain in less than 24 hours there was me thinking this month was going to be drier than average!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Seeing signs on the radar of squall lines starting to set up within the rain band .

42B2597D-96B0-4818-8CC7-3B34446AF9FA.png

Posted

Steady rain here has been replaced by heavier showery bursts, temp at 13.0c humidity showing at 80%.