Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Amazingly managed to just avoid the showers all yesterday and today, 5 miles west and I’d have been soaked by now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Oh look the showers and storms forecast for Thursday are going to miss Kent according to the latest met video forecast even though a warning is out lol quel surprise

Posted

Here in Pagham right by the coast, there was sea fog today, but in northly directions a lot of CB's in the distance. What a contrast!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 hour ago, General Cluster said:

Well, what can I say, Mark: almost unbroken, very warm sunshine and a barely cooling sea-breeze...? But I was watching the convergence zone (the one that's close to @chrisbell-nottheweatherman?) receding slowly away into the dark blue yonder...!:oldgrin:

Well the shower/s that we’re building quite quickly just dissipated around me and only remarkably delivered some light rain . Now we have almost clear blue skies and a distant shower can be seen , I really thought a storm was coming through here but it was not to be today , So far at least .

CCF2FCC8-5CAB-49F9-B82F-4E517984F683.png

2ECB1EEE-CA78-4ED8-B35E-A68B12793495.jpeg

9250BBC7-1A4B-44B9-B782-206948B9172A.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Getting quite jealous looking at the action on the radar, every drop of rain has just passed SWF by! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lots of big towering clouds around here at the moment, however they may die off before reaching here. Reached 25c this afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

had some hail, heavy rain and thunder. very happy.

Not so happy the storm built as it went away and i was wrong i wouldn't see anything.

But was nice listening to it.

• Like 2

Posted

Here's hoping for a bit more of a chance down here tomorrow was close but no cigar today,  good to see people further North getting some good storms over the past two days, is there more of a cap in place for the majority of our region as things seem limited and then go pop further North West?

Edited by Cableguy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

You can tell the weather in this region is sleep inducing, only 2 pages added in days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
3 hours ago, General Cluster said:

Well, what can I say, Mark: almost unbroken, very warm sunshine and a barely cooling sea-breeze...? But I was watching the convergence zone (the one that's close to @chrisbell-nottheweatherman?) receding slowly away into the dark blue yonder...!:oldgrin:

Good spot with the convergence zone Pete. Look at the radar and then look at the Arpege mean wind flow forecast for late afternoon - a NE'ly curling south meets a southerly flow going north - and up it all goes. Makes it clear why the storms formed where they did.

1461684668_Radar16Jun19_40.thumb.jpg.0c10991b6384c15e0448528c4ab25a8d.jpg1088855005_ArpegeWindflow16Jun17_00.thumb.png.37b38adbe67af89121072567e6541623.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

The heavens have just opened here, good lord.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Rinse and repeat for some today, here at the moment it's partly cloudy and calm after yersterday evening's downpoor with humidity at 68% and a temp of 12.4c.

Posted

Morning 

MO says a night of 18c here today, however it is already 17.8c so think that might not be quite right!

Forecast also shows heavy rain here from midnight but the warning doesn’t start until midday tomorrow...something tells me they don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow apart from there might be heavy rain somewhere!

Posted

Not in the zones again today ⚡️ it’s dull and humid this morning, just a little storm would be nice, not asking for non stop torrential rain, just a few lightening strikes, to break up the day. ⚠️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Super humid this morning and no storms to show for it

Posted
43 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Good morning Lottie. I thought I'd take a look at what happens tomorrow (Thurs) and the developing weather set-up does help explain the forecasts. In a nutshell it's looking like a much better chance of some wider rainfall for our Region - although ironically not for your location from what I can see.

So starting with a look at the Met Office Fax charts for midnight tonight and midday tomorrow shows that an occluded front has entered from the right, moving in a westerly direction off the North Sea to impact us. By midday as that trundles off in a NW'ly direction a trough has developed behind which kicks off some very heavy showers.

Midnight tonight 1509249375_FaxChart17Jun00_00.thumb.jpg.a91d5e2c52e100a0c734d6bedcfdbaff.jpg Midday Thurs 1982894660_FaxChart17Jun12_00.thumb.jpg.99d237310f86a44a4642b51a0e79fcdb.jpg

And here's how the Arome high res model forecasts the rainfall associated with the front moving in around midnight and by morning impacting a large part of the Region. By 15.00 tomorrow the front is to our north but the heavy showers associated with the trough are showing from the Thames Estuary across to Wales with hopefully some storm activity thrown in. The message for most of us is to take in the garden seat cushions tonight or they'll get soggy! But for the SE corner and thus your location down in Folkestone, it seems you miss all the action.

00.00 1967519387_AromePrecip18Jun00_00.thumb.png.533b0d58e1949bddd45b6fe7fad356f0.png 03.00 828059709_AromePrecip18Jun03_00.thumb.png.fdad4c1b2bf8260be23d61365d360178.png

06.00 1502365206_AromePrecip18Jun06_00.thumb.png.d98b67aeaa375198f952c83554f4a099.png 12.00 1344277807_AromePrecip18Jun15_00.thumb.png.9962322b831c26d22e8f2fb8c24a401b.png

That sounds about right!

We are lucky here at times though; we have had some nice snow streamers in the past that only affected a slim coastal region from Deal down to New Romney way. Then in the summer we will often get a warmer pool of air that just envelops us coming off the continent, which in turn allows us to be clipped by storms moving up from France.

So I’m happy for others to have their turn as I know we’ll get something magnificent eventually.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A partly cloudy, hazy and muggy start to the day, here: temperature is already at 20C, so the current warm spell has made it to 5 days!:oldgood:

But, I'll need to go on Netflix to find any thunder!:oldlaugh:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
18 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

A partly cloudy, hazy and muggy start to the day, here: temperature is already at 20C, so the current warm spell has made it to 5 days!:oldgood:

But, I'll need to go on Netflix to find any thunder!:oldlaugh:

I'm that desperate I keep watching Twister and Into The Storm....

I really REALLY hate E'ly onshore winds. 

• Like 1

Posted

Hi all,
Is there any idea when this humidity could drop? I might have misheard but I'm sure the BBC local weather seemed to suggest we will pick up a stronger westerly breeze by Friday and we should lose the humidity? 

Posted

Storm popped up out of nowhere between Ashford and Maidstone and also another one over Calais which seems to be on its way towards me. Shame I’m stuck at my desk (kitchen table) until 4pm! 

DEE7F60C-8443-4A32-9906-40489FCEFAF0.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like things are getting going a bit earlier today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I can see towers to my south, is that actually gonnaake it over this time.