Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
16 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Hi Sorry for the late reply , yesterday we took a couple of hours trip to look at a Canal Boat that my father in law has just brought and is coming to live on for a year , He is coming over from Australia so wanted us to check everything was ok . We was on a walk to see the surrounding areas when I noticed the storm coming in so we made a dash for the boat and eventually back to home . This was a different storm to the one you had but it was a right hum dinger as was the one you had apparently.

I hope your feeling better my wife gets that sometimes and especially when storms are about . Here are some pics of our trip Also a couple more from that approaching storm which grew right over us  . Nice to get out of the house after 3 months isolating .

6A227290-FB63-47A1-9CED-83D30243B97B.jpeg

A05C9DDC-4D85-4F80-A400-B8FB301D53CC.jpeg

81FF3620-73E9-4DE7-80B8-B6F7081226AF.jpeg

661BDF01-C391-4714-99B3-AAC7A89111A1.jpeg

01506628-AD17-423E-9DAD-BFE5AD69F39F.jpeg

EBF506E2-EC18-47AB-9F95-002A7B11778C.jpeg

Ah, Whilton and the Buckby flight, just up from us. Was a cracking storm last night, I had the drone up just before that struck to catch the amazing light and swung it round to the East ....to see curtains of rain sweeping towards my position. Only just landed the thing before the heavens opened.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
50 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Ah, Whilton and the Buckby flight, just up from us. Was a cracking storm last night, I had the drone up just before that struck to catch the amazing light and swung it round to the East ....to see curtains of rain sweeping towards my position. Only just landed the thing before the heavens opened.

Wow your correct , That’s amazing that you have identified that was where we was from those pics alone  . Had 2 cracking storms yesterday lots of thunder and lightning, Managed to get out in between the 2 showers . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

After a much quieter day here yesterday i think our region may be in line for some more storm activity later on. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Only a few fair weather cumulus interrupting a glorious day yesterday. Got up to 23C which is just right in my book. Took this pic of the poppies in the water meadow alongside the River Brett that runs through the town:

946819110_Poppies14Jun2020.thumb.jpg.1e570eb2036e2e6c160e807825097aca.jpg

The Netweather 1km radar rainfall total maps for the last few days show the Region largely dry, although the Saturday storms discussed back up the page can be seen:

581895624_NetwxRainfallTotalFri12Jun.thumb.png.382830cd6ec2e615a3c8ff9ec09159cf.png1190679702_NetwxRainfallTotalSat13Jun.thumb.png.32be7b307ce87af67f1c63dc4101950a.png1081039789_NetwxRainfallTotalSun14Jun.thumb.png.f48ea68524c9f111626d2ba4c47022e9.png

Any storms expected for us over the next couple of days? A few scattered about according to the Arome cumulative rainfall forecast chart, and Convective Weather holding out the "slight" possibility for today too:

1543677086_AromeCumRainfall15to16June20_00.thumb.png.29396fb86e45b35552f81e331df8a0ca.png1049661743_ConvectiveFcast15June.thumb.jpg.fbf6c51dc40e9e2a971e8f563deafe1d.jpg

Convective Weather link: http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/

Edited by Blessed Weather
Link added.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The gloom at least is breaking up now. The question will be whether it will be sunny or whether we see showers breaking out. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Sunny start in Dover, right from the word go, or at least 6.30am. Towers already trying to go up to my north. 

Posted

Forget North, I've actually got some cumulus trying to grow south of me, trying being the word though, it keep building and falling building and falling, but you can see it happening with the same thing over and over every few minutes. 

Posted

Can’t see as well to the south Alexis, but can see clouds to the north/NW of here. Looking at the radar they’re over towards Canterbury way

Edit - no idea why the photo is sideways, it wasn’t taken that way

B46CD278-2B44-465C-9D04-61ACC036A1D5.jpeg

Edited by lottiekent

Posted
47 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Can’t see as well to the south Alexis, but can see clouds to the north/NW of here. Looking at the radar they’re over towards Canterbury way

Edit - no idea why the photo is sideways, it wasn’t taken that way

B46CD278-2B44-465C-9D04-61ACC036A1D5.jpeg

Yep I saw whatever was over Canterbury earlier, but can't now, there's a hill in the way lol, started building just north of me. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

It's been a lovely day here so far with temps at the moment here of 23.7c, but clouds are starting to bubble up. Will it won't it, i think there could be one or two supprises in store. dosen't feel quite so humid today though with humidity here of 42%.

Edited by thunderpants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Much more cloud around this afternoon, and some of them are starting to look interesting.

458093153_Cloud15June.thumb.jpg.b2462873a3f4823eeb2705a4857a511a.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Everything is developing to my west - I wonder if the atmosphere here is slightly less conducive to convection?

Posted

Holy heck...I was under that white dot half an hour ago when it passed over Beaconsfield...I was in Sainsburys and the rain was biblical and the noise it made on the roof was unbelievable! Flash flooding all the way home and some very soggy shopping! Didn't hear any thunder.

..and it's still raining!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Had a shower develop earlier right over us in chessington, No Thunder and lightning but a lot of rain , Now another storm is passing and just brushing our location, A few flashes and rumbles of thunder too , This one also seems to be still developing.

• Like 3

Posted

Watching the rain n clouds out west is quite depressing, even north Norfolk is getting some action. The triangle remains storm free (along with the east of the Anglia)

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Watching the rain n clouds out west is quite depressing, even north Norfolk is getting some action. The triangle remains storm free (along with the east of the Anglia)

Sea breeze.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Sea breeze.

Would be lovely, if there was one. Feels so humid, a nice breeze would be welcome.....so would a storm

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Would be lovely, if there was one. Feels so humid, a nice breeze would be welcome.....so would a storm

That's what's preventing the storms forming this far east!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
21 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Twas certainly hot at Toft Monks this morning, though, thankfully, the seabreeze cooled things down a tad, after lunch... I've had so much sunshine this year, I'm already the colour of creosote!:shok:

It's not fair, someone's stolen my thunder! Can you see anything @Zak M?:oldlaugh:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
2 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

It's not fair, someone's stolen my thunder! Can you see anything @Zak M?:oldlaugh:

Someone has stolen my thunder too 

One thing I can see though is that the skies look quite unstable here! :oldgood:

• Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

That's what's preventing the storms forming this far east!

I got that was what you meant ‘‘tis me being daft

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Twas certainly hot at Toft Monks this morning, though, thankfully, the seabreeze cooled things down a tad, after lunch... I've had so much sunshine this year, I'm already the colour of creosote!:shok:

Toft monks, for some reason my Asd son finds that name funny, chortles about it whenever we drive through. Baffles me. As for thunder, nowt gonna breach the triangle this side of next millennium

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Had about 14 big old drops of rain from whatever skirted Dereham about an hour ago. Mega exciting.....

• Like 2