Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Yes much more like summer today, 23°c, warmest it has been in nearly 2 weeks. The first of June has been dull here’s hoping for an improvement in second half. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

3BE0216E-1E3F-4FEF-8770-7356EA075867.thumb.jpeg.9c5ac2208e721590bec5f4eab0932d3f.jpeg

25c and beautifully sunny here in the Cambs countryside as I take a quick drink and rest break mid 30 mile ride ☀️ 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

This has just developed from nothing could it be spinning towards Kent or Sussex? Could be a surprise for some of us. I just got to work and didnt bring a jacket and I work most of the time outside ⛈?

20200613_152231.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Just had a shower in Dartford huge drops of rain but not heavy

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Indeed,looks like things are starting to get going but will that activity heading our way build or fizzle out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Taken from my mum and dads garden, in Rye

IMG_20200613_160652_1.jpg

IMG_20200613_160658.jpg

IMG_20200613_160718.jpg

IMG_20200613_160725.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Evening folks,

After a beautiful day here in Southend, I just heard a rumble of thunder and dark clouds are moving in from the south....

FC

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There has been a rumble of Thunder in South Ockendon at 5:5pm along with moderate to heavy downpour of rain.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Slap bang in the middle of thunder / lightning here at Pepper hill JS

C1C6D3EC-294F-4E19-BEAA-10CBF9F8C715.thumb.png.09b4c3660d59cb0516ddd6bbde2035d0.png

I can see that from my house - it built just to our south and west. Looks spectacular from my garden in the distance 

• Like 2

Posted

Well that was an evening storm and a half in Surbiton that developed as we walked around the park, sending many picnic-ers running for shelter. Plentiful crackling thunder and lightning reverberated about us as we got drenched on our rather hurried walk home! 

IMG_20200613_195341.jpg

Screenshot_20200613_202623_com.netweather.stormradar.jpg

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Actually witnessed a rainbow developing from the very beginning for the very first time in my life and to complete . 

9E03F888-6B1D-4734-A8CE-AB9726FECB6B.jpeg

903B221E-8A4A-4C7D-A8C8-5985429D3C84.jpeg

D2858588-A176-403C-9FD4-E660D610DD00.jpeg

8759CA11-FCD0-449B-B40C-847F45DEE2DB.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted

Lightning has struck a house in nearby Bourne End, fire brigade put it out pretty quick, some big scary fork lightning out there apparently (I'm in a valley with tall trees either side of the building so it's hard to see any sky).

Edited by Team Squirrel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Gorgeous day, couldn't fault it (apart from the minus quantity of storms), got loads done outside as everything has suddenly taken off so much staking and supporting! I even have grass again!

Looks like a quiet few days in the east, we'll just have to pretend we haven't seen all the videos from elsewhere (why do we never see that sort of thing any more, never mind a 2nd or 3rd or 4th round). 

• Like 3

Posted

Muggy misty morning slowly clearing to sunshine. Guess which area is once again out of the storm forecast area?! EA storm shield in full working order

• Like 2

Posted
15 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Actually witnessed a rainbow developing from the very beginning for the very first time in my life and to complete . 

Lovely pictures Mark:) Did you get the evening storm that passed over Surbiton then grew as it headed north west? It certainly drenched everything here, including our garden furniture cushions that were absolutely dripping! 

It's humid and cloudy here this morning with the sun coming through from time to time. Not sure if there are any storms forecast for today.

It's the first morning in weeks that I have woken up actually able to breathe without suffocating all night and feeling like I have a head that weighs a tonne until lunch time. No idea if the storm is responsible, allergies, virus going on for months, all or any of the above. Ah well, enjoy it while it lasts, I'll no doubt be feeling like I've done 10 rounds with a whisky bottle again soon and sluggish, foggy normality will return...

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A bit more moisture in the air and the models do show a few showers breaking out this afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It's so humid today phew. Might as well be thirty degrees out. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

It does feel some what muggy particulary inside although my weather station indicates 48% outdoor humididty.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
19 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

It does feel some what muggy particulary inside although my weather station indicates 48% outdoor humididty.

Its 71% on mine, but its still much more comfortable out doors. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
7 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

Lovely pictures Mark:) Did you get the evening storm that passed over Surbiton then grew as it headed north west? It certainly drenched everything here, including our garden furniture cushions that were absolutely dripping! 

It's humid and cloudy here this morning with the sun coming through from time to time. Not sure if there are any storms forecast for today.

It's the first morning in weeks that I have woken up actually able to breathe without suffocating all night and feeling like I have a head that weighs a tonne until lunch time. No idea if the storm is responsible, allergies, virus going on for months, all or any of the above. Ah well, enjoy it while it lasts, I'll no doubt be feeling like I've done 10 rounds with a whisky bottle again soon and sluggish, foggy normality will return...

Hi Sorry for the late reply , yesterday we took a couple of hours trip to look at a Canal Boat that my father in law has just brought and is coming to live on for a year , He is coming over from Australia so wanted us to check everything was ok . We was on a walk to see the surrounding areas when I noticed the storm coming in so we made a dash for the boat and eventually back to home . This was a different storm to the one you had but it was a right hum dinger as was the one you had apparently.

I hope your feeling better my wife gets that sometimes and especially when storms are about . Here are some pics of our trip Also a couple more from that approaching storm which grew right over us  . Nice to get out of the house after 3 months isolating .

6A227290-FB63-47A1-9CED-83D30243B97B.jpeg

A05C9DDC-4D85-4F80-A400-B8FB301D53CC.jpeg

81FF3620-73E9-4DE7-80B8-B6F7081226AF.jpeg

661BDF01-C391-4714-99B3-AAC7A89111A1.jpeg

01506628-AD17-423E-9DAD-BFE5AD69F39F.jpeg

EBF506E2-EC18-47AB-9F95-002A7B11778C.jpeg

• Like 7