Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

In Kent I'm probably to far east this afternoon and to south tonight for any storms.

Good luck to everyone. 

Edited by TN26
spelling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Jolly windy here in East Dene this morning. Outside temp shows 17C. But it feels cold in the wind. Take care everyone and good health to you all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

The sun is trying to make inroads on the mist and murk but so far not much joy. Might have to delay grass/dust cutting for another day or so. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

It's gone very dark here with full low cloud cover, the winds also picked up as well, temp at 16.5c although the wind has got an edge to it it still feels quite humid.

Posted
7 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

So will our Region see some of the very heavy rain with maybe some T&L over the next 24 hours? The consensus of the high res models seems to be a 'possible' for first the south, then the west, and by tomorrow morning the far east of the Region. This is best shown by running the sequence of charts for this evening through to 06.00 tomorrow morning from two of the models and it shows the worst of any rainfall splitting around us. So most of us missing the best/worst of any action - choice of word depending on your preference. :oldsmile:

Arome: anim_scb3.gif Hirlam:anim_cwr7.gif

As for seeing a storm? Only a 'slight' chance according to Convection Weather:

838919043_ConvectiveFcast12Jun.thumb.jpg.fac3a246dd6532a99829bc8ea1d409c0.jpg

Sources:
Charts http://www.meteociel.fr/
Convective Weather http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/

Agree - to be honest due to the nature of the beast a lot has been made of storms/rain today and tomorrow but the latest indications are widespread and organised activity is limited especially for our region with tomorrow not looking bad at all now for many, but we shall see. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales

Half hour of on/off rain in east essex nothing to get too excited about and according to the radar should be gone soon anyway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
25 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Dry here now, but still under the frontal cloud. 

Somehow I have always been in the dry bits here since last weeks heavy shower, just wind and low cloud, rain all around me on the radar and only a few spots again today, the garden is bone dry! Just noticed my tomatoes were wilting so had to go and water them.

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales

For those in the SE Did you enjoy your 10 mins of drizzle? And for those in the SW And Wales hope you enjoyed the storms,oh wait a minute there wernt any what a surprise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Managed to get to 19.0c here and mostly cloudy and dry if some what humid. No drizzle i'm afraid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The soil moisture-deficit around here is really quite worrying: despite repeated downpours, of late, the soil, once you get down past 3", is still as dry as a bone...Lots more rain required!

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, General Cluster said:

The soil moisture-deficit around here is really quite worrying: despite repeated downpours, of late, the soil, once you get down past 3", is still as dry as a bone...Lots more rain required!

I was hoping for lots of rain this week and then a return to Summer, but alas it was not to be...my veg would have loved it!

Edited by snowray
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Managed some decent sunny spells late morning and over lunch, so the temp squeezed up to a high of 20.7C. A few drops of rain later this afternoon, but the high res model forecasts were correct about the rain band splitting to leave our Region with barely enough to damp the dust down.

Radar at 18.00: 343608959_Radar12Jun18_00.thumb.jpg.b72d437eaab42f297ebb2985503eba34.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Very murky all day, occasional glimpses of blue sky and I think the sun came out twice for  about a minute or so. Humid but actually feeling quite cold if you weren't out of that pesky wind. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
6 hours ago, General Cluster said:

Indeed, but most here don't seem to realise this!

• Like 5

Posted
31 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Indeed, but most here don't seem to realise this!

I was putting in some new plants this afternoon - damp soil for about an inch and then concrete. I managed two, only six to go.....

Posted

Don’t think we got any thunder last night, least I wasn’t woken by a slobbering scared dog, so it must have run up the coast. No sunshine yesterday, but woken today to glorious blue skies and sun. Happy weekend to all

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely sunny start here, it actually looks to be a decent weekend, just a few heavy showers around and temperatures possibly reaching 25c today and tomorrow in parts of East Anglia.

• Like 3

Posted

Morning

For once I’m hoping there is no storm here today as we’re having our allowed 4 extra people round in the garden later for a socially distant get together for our friend’s 40th birthday. We’ve said if it rains the whole thing is off as they’re not allowed in the house so fingers crossed it stays away from here!

Currently 17.1c and unbroken sunshine - have a lovely day everyone 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Fantastic to have the lovely weather back, certainly lifts my spirits. It's just hit 18C here and I'm off out into the garden in a mo to put all the furniture and sun umbrellas back out. Having a few mates around later for a socially distanced tinny in the back garden. First time I've seen them in person since February.

I've checked 3 high res models and they show most of our Region dry until this evening when the odd shower might move up from the south and clip us. The east more likely to stay completely dry with a higher chance of a shower in the west.

Looking good: 1109432521_Radar13Jun08_25.thumb.jpg.ae39bcbf9387b506a1065936f1110d19.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Yes, it does appear most of the action is spinning around us for most of the day, fingers crossed we might get one or two storms pop up later.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

BBC forecast high for today here was 23c, reached that before lunchtime. Plenty of sunshine with just a little fair weather cloud drifting through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Finally - after the crud of June so far with its rain and cold cloudy skies, something more like summer. 23c already, gentle breeze and lots of sunshine. Hurrah!