Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Finally had a nice heavy burst come through here, everything is wet, but no thunder. 

• Like 4

Posted

Evening all

Like many others, a significant thunderstorm passed through late afternoon bringing some welcome rain.

I think there was some embedded hail but not much but it was curious in that the day has been cool and windy and not the conditions from which you would expect a summer downpour to materialise. 

That little secondary LP which has zipped down over the Wash and across North Norfolk has packed a punch..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
37 minutes ago, stodge said:

Evening all

Like many others, a significant thunderstorm passed through late afternoon bringing some welcome rain.

I think there was some embedded hail but not much but it was curious in that the day has been cool and windy and not the conditions from which you would expect a summer downpour to materialise. 

That little secondary LP which has zipped down over the Wash and across North Norfolk has packed a punch..

Didn't realise it was a secondary low.

• Like 1

Posted

Clearing skies this evening. Although we continued to see dark clouds around us after the late afternoon storm, in the end the rest headed south of here. 

IMG_20200606_210153.jpg

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

A paltry 5 - 10 minutes of steady rain here in St Leonards on Sea as the 'squall line' finally made it to the south coast shortly before 9pm. No thunder, no lightning and no gusty winds as it passed through here.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Coopsy said:

This seems to be typical early June weather. I remember bringing my daughter home after she was born early June and we were in jumpers and freezing and worried about keeping her warm (as new parents do). Within 2 weeks it was mid 30’s for my dads birthday party and we were worried about keeping her cool ( which I quickly found out was much more difficult) 

Disagree, not at all typical Central London at best 13C, much of the day was dry too it was a nice morning, average max here (Greenwich reference) in June is 21°C, well below what you should expect, even on a poor rainy day. When it dropped to 9C in rain I thought I had been transported to December! 

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Update on my post yesterday ragarding snow falling in our area in june, the excat date was june 2nd 1975 and not 76/77 like i mentioned. By the way that was a cracking storm yesterday evening. 

• Like 2

Posted

if  the radar  right  could  get a bit wet soon again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, tinybill said:

if  the radar  right  could  get a bit wet soon again

Yes more rain on it's way, already raining in Norfolk, but likely to fizzle out a bit as it hits the London area later on. At least it was sunny again this morning around here and currently 13c so higher than yesterdays max temp already.:oldgood:

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Lovely drop of rain again here in Locksbottom.Started about 2.10 and still going well so more good rain for plants and veg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
8 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

Lovely drop of rain again here in Locksbottom.Started about 2.10 and still going well so more good rain for plants and veg

Nothing here except cumulus clouds so far. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

PPN seems to be picking up again around London and further north in our region, just had a pretty sharpish shower here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Lighningmaps gave me a strike in Ashford and took it away a minute later. Never heard a rumble so don't know what triggered it in the beginning.

Posted
39 minutes ago, TN26 said:

Lighningmaps gave me a strike in Ashford and took it away a minute later. Never heard a rumble so don't know what triggered it in the beginning.

More likely to have been a bit further south from you on the coast, around Hythe/Folkestone. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.
1 minute ago, snowray said:

More likely to have been a bit further south from you on the coast, around Hythe/Folkestone. 

Well I don't know where it was but it showed Ashford.

Weirdly, it just gave another three strikes about 10 mile away but didn't hear them either.

Posted
44 minutes ago, TN26 said:

Well I don't know where it was but it showed Ashford.

Weirdly, it just gave another three strikes about 10 mile away but didn't hear them either.

There's a band of heavy looking showers on the radar running from Burgess Hill all the way to Hythe, some thunder and lightning in there no doubt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Not too bad an afternoon here once the morning cloud broke. Some decent spells of sunshine and max temp of 17.6C. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm looking forward to the weekend and the return of some real warmth, and hopefully some storms. Here's the GFS forecast of available energy and lift (CAPE and LI) for next Saturday evening - some potential if it comes off - but it's a long way off yet.

Sat 13th 1900959829_GFS08JunCapeLISat13Jun.thumb.GIF.bbd15fee0e4aef5b5f386b038b852230.GIF

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Conditions did improve a little from mid-afternoon. But a lot of stratus coming in from the wash for most of the day. Tomorrow looks okay but cool, like above I am looking forward to warmer conditions returning. Friday looks to be the first day when 20c should be reached but after that we should see at least the low twenties reached and possibly higher in sunnier areas not expose to a wind off the sea.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

A decent day here, but it feels like we've gone from summer to autumn in a matter of days, and it's only june.  

Edited by thunderpants
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Awful morning here. Some heavier bursts of rain from the slow moving occluded front over us and only 12C. A band of heavy showers to the SE of London has developed in the last hour too.

09.25 579187266_Radar10Jun09_25.thumb.jpg.331e0bd698f7447de3cb90ca16f6e8e3.jpg

Edit: And here's the Netweather forecast issued today for our patch:

"Further east across SE England and E Anglia, showers along/near occluded frontal zone stalling here could turn increasingly heavy with isolated thunder, as modest surface heating in any brightness, breeze convergence near front and cooling aloft increase convection."

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 1

Posted

Yes miserable day coming up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Torrential rain here. Sounds glorious!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
8 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Torrential rain here. Sounds glorious!

I know, this is just lovely! 
Nice cup of tea and pouring rain.

• Like 1

Posted

Dry here at the moment and not so dull as earlier, temps are on the up at the moment at 14.6c, humidity at 63%.