Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

No rain here still but looking at the radar. it looks like we're going to hopefully get some later on though doubt it will get rid of the yellow grass in many places

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Good to see parts of East Anglia getting some much needed rain. Here it's gone very dark but no rain as of yet with a temp of 12.3c.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Some big blobs of the wet stuff have just arrived. Lovely!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It is finally raining in South Ockendon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Hailstorm here just now - paths are white, and our lettuce seedlings will have been demolished, I fear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

2mm of rain here today so far. It’s a start I guess! Feels more like an April showers sort of day with the convection and cool air.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Storm just passed me with maybe half dozen strikes, one of which caused the electricity to trip off (overhead supplies around here). Gave 10 mins of heavy rain. I've had to wait for the electric to come back on before posting this, but here's what Blitzortung and Netweather were showing when it happened around 15.15:

1415040297_Lightning15.1305June.thumb.jpg.777b4ff11c8bfb7b11f36d9fb844e562.jpg  86549701_LightningNetwx15.1305June.thumb.jpg.cf7b2595f72357ad333e42438a9a723e.jpg

Edited by Blessed Weather
layout issue
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just a few moderate showers here. nothing heading my way now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

I'm not far from Blessed Weather - sharp little storm passed through our area, torrential rain, some hail mixed in, gusty wind, lightningmaps.org showed a strike only a few hundred yards away (thankfully not out walking round there at the time!) Once rain the had passed, lots of steam coming off building and car roofs, bright sunshine now and the back end of the storm cloud heading into the distance.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

At last rain. Looking on radar they keptmissing us all day until the last couple caught us.

Not liking the back and forth buttons on radar being moved to top of page on mobile. Why change it, perfectly fine at the bottom.

Looks like the advert has been moved to top as well.......wonder why?

Edited by all weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Here's the Netweather Extra chart showing rainfall totals for yesterday, Fri 5th. It's created using hi res 1km rainfall radar data over the 24 hour period. My gauge registered 7.3 mm here, mostly from the one storm that passed through in the afternoon (see my post above).
Virtually nothing showing for the very west of the Region or along southern coastal counties.

920434087_RainfalltotalFri05June20.thumb.jpg.3b5bbc4ff65f34aa32ce102b53815c47.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
34 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Here's the Netweather Extra chart showing rainfall totals for yesterday, Fri 5th. It's created using hi res 1km rainfall radar data over the 24 hour period. My gauge registered 7.3 mm here, mostly from the one storm that passed through in the afternoon (see my post above).
Virtually nothing showing for the very west of the Region or along southern coastal counties.

920434087_RainfalltotalFri05June20.thumb.jpg.3b5bbc4ff65f34aa32ce102b53815c47.jpg

Yes hardly a drop of rain yesterday here near Cambridge but finally today something of note!

Could be some big showers after this front has cleared away 

Edited by 80sWeather

Posted

Piggin cold here this morning, rain started a couple of hours ago, not particularly heavy, but persistent enough for some puddles to accumulate. Not sure if the sun is going to get out long enough once this passes to build enough heat to create some thunderstorms later on. But I do hope it warms up a touch. 9c currently, resisting the urge to turn the heating on :cold:

Posted

What a change from last saturday at this time with temps around 25.0c, today currently 10.2c and we've had a half decent spell of rain. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Just the odd bit of drizzle here in the last 4 days, more drizzle today and the garden is barely wet, just cloud and wind, not my thing.

11c at 1pm in London, we had higher temps this winter, and Summer was in April/May, now its payback time in June! Mad British weather for you!:80:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 minutes ago, snowray said:

Just the odd bit of drizzle here in the last 4 days, more drizzle today and the garden is barely wet, just cloud and wind, not my thing.

11c at 1pm in London, we had higher temps this winter, and Summer was in April/May, now its payback time in June! Mad British weather for you!:80:

I've switched my hurting on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Unless it's not here yet, the front did nothing down here, just cloud. 

I just checked radar, looks like it's only just reaching us. 

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

My roses have taken a right old bashing in this wind, on the plus side temps have gone up to 11.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Where's this wind just come from, not been this windy all day. I guess it must be the front, but still no rain from it yet here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
39 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I've switched my hurting on

Same here, but its hurting my baby zucchini plants that I put last last week even more, this blinking wind has broken all the tiny leaf stems...not happy.

Just been sitting indoors, had a good supply of chocolate but all gone in 2 days, just finished the last flake...I know, need a trip down to Morrisons to stock up, they got lots of half price dates too left over from Ramadam.

Posted
15 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

My roses have taken a right old bashing in this wind, on the plus side temps have gone up to 11.8c.

I know it's ridiculous! Can we manage 12c I wonder this afternoon? Don't hold your breath!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Currently only 10.2 here in Locksbottom and light rain and a fresh wind.This time last week was sitting in my garden with a nice cold beer.Today indoors having a nice hot cuppa!!The great British weather!!