Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Noticeably more contrails today but that was to be expected, currently sunny with a high here of 23.3c and 33%humidity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Latest charts look absolutely awful...from Thursday onwards especially the weekend, what looked like a minor blip a few days back signs of cool damp rubbish. You just couldn’t make it up I really think June will be a right off...so hope I’m wrong 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
9 minutes ago, slater said:

Latest charts look absolutely awful...from Thursday onwards especially the weekend, what looked like a minor blip a few days back signs of cool damp rubbish. You just couldn’t make it up I really think June will be a right off...so hope I’m wrong 

I think to many people were doing a rain dance

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

I think to many people were doing a rain dance

Haha...yes I know we need it...but Mother Nature can be cruel at times...I just feel sorry for pubs. My friends own a pub ,and you just can’t believe how devastated they are on how last 3 months of sunny weather they have missed being closed...they are planning outside activity’s from hopefully July 3rd...if the weather don’t play ball this summer then theirs and many many others will be gone for ever.

• Like 4

Posted

Talk over on the Mod thread of 45mm of rain for the SE over the next 10 days. Would be great if it happened but can't see it myself. 15-20mm will do for starters. Certainly going to be much much cooler eithet way. Much needed change. Still 22c at 9.15pm.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Some very light rain here but nowhere near enough, and what there is showing on the radar seem's to be fizzling out. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Still not a drop of rain or even drizzle here in East Dene. The radar shows light blue over us, but the sun is out, a lot of high level cloud, and still very warm 24c. Good health to you all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I may have felt a small raindrop this morning at 8.33am but it may just have been overnight dew dripping from the veg garden netting! I'm now having to rescue mature shrubs in the garden with copious watering.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Where’s the great cool off?! It’s almost 21c in Worthing with a dp of 12c. A few boobs of wetness earlier, I suppose that’s it for June’s rainfall.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
20 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

Some very light rain here but nowhere near enough, and what there is showing on the radar seem's to be fizzling out. 

Yes, it does seem to be fizzling and a look at the radar echo at 09.00 and at 11.05 shows it's not going anywhere fast either. The sun has just broken out here in South Suffolk and temp is up to 20.5C. The breeze is getting up now, but this weekend in particular looking very blustery with the developing Low Pressure in the North Sea.

Rainfall radar 09.00 1286411376_Radar03June09_00.thumb.jpg.7279b0a63f9bbd3b594ea5693fed73e7.jpg 11.05 1980503065_Radar03June11_05.thumb.jpg.4efc8b3f71ac1b4b615b9f1c2903e37d.jpg

Latest GFS 06z going for between 12mm and 27mm of rain for the Region over the next 5 days:

1323424692_GFSCumprecip03to08Jun2020.thumb.GIF.cc3093548394d1fcedf949bdae26f62c.GIF

Arpege wind gusts Saturday, with Low just to our north:

2035518595_ArpegeWindGustsSat06Jun13_00.thumb.png.044594be2c2efa2d3dea5f6f419f1f5b.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Nice storm developing to the north-east of Brighton!

Posted
1 hour ago, tomp456 said:

Where’s the great cool off?! It’s almost 21c in Worthing with a dp of 12c. A few boobs of wetness earlier, I suppose that’s it for June’s rainfall.

Did somebody say BOOBS ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

cloudy muggy dry. storm near where i grew up

meh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Still cloudy and sunny here, sun can be seen through clouds rather than in gaps, is what I mean. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Not quite the big temperature contrasts the Beeb talked about yesterday in today's forecast (here anyway)...touched nearly 21c here this morning compared to the 25c of yesterday and not much breeze to speak of. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Rain finally!! No where near enough but i'm just so happy to see some of the wet stuff.

I have a headache, usually an indicator of a storm in the near future but could just be wishful thinking!

It's felt really humid here at 20C and grey skies.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
19 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Rain finally!! No where near enough but i'm just so happy to see some of the wet stuff.

I have a headache, usually an indicator of a storm in the near future but could just be wishful thinking!

It's felt really humid here at 20C and grey skies.

Still dry as a bone here, really need some rain to make it here. 

• Like 1

Posted

Apart from some very light rain earlier it's been cloudy with a high of 18.4c now dropped to 17.1c, and humidity at 49%..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

spots of rain enough to give me that lovely rainy smell.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

I think we had rain just now about 15 mins ago but not sure if it was actually rain or it was windshield cleaner with the car in front of us  

Posted

Although the rain seemed heavy, it was short-lived, and has only amounted to 0.2mm - the minimum my weather station can measure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

No rain so far, felt reasonably pleasant this morning working outside but it's got progressively colder, more overcast and windy. 

Hot bath and jimjams!

• Like 2