Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

In other words they (BBC (MeteoGroup) and no doubt others) were not very accurate, trying to predict convectional activity is precarious a few days in advance.

Pretty much yeah!

Posted

Forecasting t/storms with any accuracy is akin to their ability to forecast snow in winter, pretty rubbish frankly. 

And must be the first time a cold front (however weak) goes through and the air behind is warmer. Hmmmm. Strange one that.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Got lovely summery skies out in the fields 

C893B61B-BE81-47C5-B101-6D2540B918FF.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Think we're going to pay the price for the warmer weather tonight as cloud moves in and prevents heat from escaping. Temperatures 19-20°C into the early hours for London.

It's a shame we didn't have a proper cooling breakdown before the heat builds again next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

50 odd years of watching weather and it's still very much hit or miss thanks to the law of chaos, global warming however also plays a big part in our weather and this is going to increase. Greenland is going green and all that methane it's going be to released. As fraser in dad's army used to say. "We're doooomed."

Edited by thunderpants
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

17.6C here right now! Maxed out 26.1C today, absolutely beautiful day with a gentle warm breeze this afternoon and just a little patchy cloud occasionally.

Disappointed not to have a storm though as desperately need some rain now for the fields and gardens.

Posted

Not as muggy as I expected here in N London tonight. Already 19°C.

The stronger winds tomorrow into Saturday will be nice for ventilating houses, like nature's air conditioning! ?️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Cloud and breezy it's also an incredibly warm start with temps here at this moment of 17.0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Another very warm and dry start, we really do need a splash of rain. As the past few springs have been dry, it does seem the new norm too have dry very warm weather early in April and May. If it follows the trend we will have Huge Thunderstorms in July with lots of lightning and then a wet end to summer. 15C. Here now in East dene. Overcast, fingers crossed for some rain, the garden is very dry. Take care everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

No rain from the front fell here, so we’re stuck at 4mm for May. Added to the 12mm in March and 17mm in April then it’s like a dust bowl!

Posted

Warmest May night on record here a min of 17.9°C as it got more blustery the temp actually crept up in the early hours into the low 20s cool to see. Some drizzle bits overnight but amounted to nothing,

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

The sun seems to be trying to cut through the cloud and I hope it does so we get another splendid day. But as people have said we really need some rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
50 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

No rain from the front fell here, so we’re stuck at 4mm for May.

You're telling me a front went through? really?...a bit of cloud here now sunny/breezy and you must have been in the sweet spot for rain this month, the majority have seen less than that - currently 1.5mm in my local. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
13 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

You're telling me a front went through? really?...a bit of cloud here now sunny/breezy and you must have been in the sweet spot for rain this month, the majority have seen less than that - currently 1.5mm in my local. 

I dunno about calling 4mm a sweet spot

Most of that was between the 9th/10th as the colder air moved south. Quite fragmented though as you say, so other places will have seen less or maybe nothing. Was very light and patchy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
31 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

No rain here either just some wind and cloud I saw from the radar there was a big hole in the front as it went through . I need to get the sprinkler going in the garden as it looks parched , Although I want the settled conditions to continue we really do need the rain , hopefully this comes at night. I never thought I’d be saying that at the end of February and it goes to show how things can change in a relatively short space of time and I certainly don’t want to jinx the summer in to a washout .

• Like 4

Posted

I’ve had 2 maybe 3 days of rain in about 50 days. This is virtually on par with the drought of summer 2018. Crazy. 

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

No rain here, sunny and warm, was going to have the window open all days today to cool the house, but won't work at the min. To warm, cold front must have been a warm front? 

Posted

Brightening up nicely here & currently a chilly 21°C. Bit too windy for sunbathing though. 

Edited by Stabilo19
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Brightening up nicely here & currently a chilly 21°C. Bit too windy for sunbathing though. 

While the sun is shining need to keep curtains closed and window shut, that's the main problem, house is south facing. Like an oven when sunny. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Wow 

924FFB12-57F8-4B0A-AFE3-2D39CED77B3B.png

A nice week coming up for the SE, and winds will be lighter than the past week so it should feel more pleasant for all. ☀️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

yuck 26c+ isn't pleasant. It's only may. 

Bedroom has been 29c with windows all open and fans.