Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Amazing we hit a high of 19.2 at 1pm today in Locksbottom and as at 8pm it is 7.9!!had a brief spell of light rain about 6.45 but the wind has dried that up already.Looks like Monday-Thursday look coolish for time of year but by Friday things look  like warming up and next weekend could be very pleasant again so it could be beers in the garden again for then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

A 30-35 mph gust means so much more when the leaves are on the trees!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

Well.. If you welcome this kind of weather you my friend deserve to hide away.. Not only does cold weather massively impact the spread of viruses.. It also weakens people's immune systems.. Weather is a major player in the fight against this virus.. Not to mention overall mindset.. Cold cloudy weather brings downs people's state of mind! Not what we need right now.. 

Hey ho.. I can't complain in the last 6 weeks my business has expanded in size 5 times over sales are up over 500% we have never been so busy! 

Source?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Bloomin windy! Moreso than was forecast, I believe. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Hope everyone is safe and well

Had a warm few days here in Prague. Ended up getting a cracking thunderstorm this afternoon after a very warm and humid morning. Nice sunset, too. Should get that vile Arctic rubbish here tomorrow afternoon, with chances of frosts this week, am not impressed. My tomato and pepper plants won’t like it, hopefully won’t last long. 

BD162B28-0EAB-402C-B19D-F4BCACA7382B.jpeg

121C479E-FB4C-45DD-A89F-EB5CA248BCF1.jpeg

95BDB0E9-80AC-42DD-AED7-80852BF243D6.jpeg

051FEBDD-3E3D-453A-97FD-9CB3C4266002.jpeg

A72813EF-8FA3-4C8B-BA90-085C6E9BA257.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Seeing some of the pictures of the Thames this afternoon/evening.

Most places flooded, I wonder if that's a case of not many people about so can try and see how resistant the barrier is till they fully close it?  Never known them to allow this amount of flooding in heavily tourist areas.

Edited by Robbie Garrett
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Sunny but very windy at the moment with a chilly temp of 6.0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I was actually glad the bedroom was 19c and not the 27c it has been.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
23 hours ago, Surrey said:

Well.. If you welcome this kind of weather you my friend deserve to hide away.. Not only does cold weather massively impact the spread of viruses.. It also weakens people's immune systems.. Weather is a major player in the fight against this virus.. Not to mention overall mindset.. Cold cloudy weather brings downs people's state of mind! Not what we need right now.. 

Hey ho.. I can't complain in the last 6 weeks my business has expanded in size 5 times over sales are up over 500% we have never been so busy! 

normally i like your posts, but a little insensitive in the current climate.  

Posted
1 hour ago, Dami said:

normally i like your posts, but a little insensitive in the current climate.  

Toatally. Come on Surrey, You can do better? 
I am an ICU nurse and my workload has gone up n%

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Through most of the end of last year and into this one it has been......... WINDY! 

Sick of it, and more depressing that COVID today :(

Posted

Not a bad day but bloody cold with cloud cover and biting wind, max 12.3C almost 6C below average. Really unusual to be subject to this in mid May, today was the coldest I had felt since end of February.  

Posted

Good grief, that wind! Checked on my polytunnel and the window had been blown in, crushing loads of seedlings inside - shearing off a metal hook in the process. The little trees both blown over and half of the building project on the allotment next to mine had ended up on my allotment crushing loads of plants. Carnage, considering it's May.

Back at the flat, it's so chilly that the hottybotty (hot water bottle)  is back out of storage!

Hope you are all well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Team Squirrel said:

Good grief, that wind! Checked on my polytunnel and the window had been blown in, crushing loads of seedlings inside - shearing off a metal hook in the process. The little trees both blown over and half of the building project on the allotment next to mine had ended up on my allotment crushing loads of plants. Carnage, considering it's May.

Back at the flat, it's so chilly that the hottybotty (hot water bottle)  is back out of storage!

Hope you are all well.

Oh no That sounds grim. It’s so annoying when your hard work is trashed by the weather. Hope you can get some more seeds sown asap and the allotment damage sorted. 

Been a bit of a crazy day here in Prague, weather wise, after the excitement of thunderstorms yesterday. Started off warm and sunny. Then a thick fog rolled in suddenly, very odd. That hung around for a couple of hours. Then all hell broke loose, the wind went a bit mental and the rain lashed down from midday. The temperature quickly plummeted and it is STILL raining, nearly 12 hours later and it is now just 3°C!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

After all that wind yesterday it's very still this morning with clear skies and a chilly low of 1.3c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Low of 1.6 here in Locksbottom but at least the wind of yesterday has gone so will feel much more pleasant

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Just stayed above zero here; down to 0.6C at 04.30. A beautiful start, just hope the cloud doesn't build too quickly to spoil it.

1503785903_Satellite12May07_55.thumb.jpg.4b698eef36d452f1cfd585634b66158e.jpg

I'm looking forward to the return of warmer and sunnier weather from this weekend. It's great that this time around everyone will be allowed to get outside and enjoy it. :oldsmile:

A week today? 2103775946_GFSTemp19May.thumb.GIF.b6ffebecea2de0876df40f313b77dc5d.GIF

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

A touch of frost here early this morning. Walked the dog at 10am, 8c when I left and 10c an hour later when I got back, chilly in the shade but the suns strength was noticeable out of the shadows.

20200512_104903.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Winds gone and feels much warmer today, its lovely out. 

• Like 1