Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

At this rate I'm buying myself a paddling pool to float in, put some beach sounds on in the background, close my eyes and just pretend I'm on holiday. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Sunny all day yesterday with a high of 25.3c, might not see those values for a while.

Posted

A bright sunny start here but can see the cold front about 50 miles to the north. Already 15c so we might just scrape 17 or 18c before it arrives. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I have been too busy to pay much attention to how the weather has evolved in the last 24hrs but can someone tell me how went from a predicted max of around 12 to closer to 20? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

20c.....so much for an arctic blast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Ain't gonna hit no 20 down here, been raining sometime this morning, and it's still cloudy, I'd thought the cold front came early. Must mean that front in the channel did make it here, but just light rain in it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Winds have picked up here with temps peaking at 15.3c this morning and are now falling back at 13.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I made it nearly 18 here an hour or so ago but downward now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Front slightly late arriving and the strong May sunshine has given me 20.1C at midday. Although the wind really getting up now, with a gust of 25mph at 11.50. I'm just hanging on to the sunshine atm, but the satellite shows not for much longer. Some useful rain near the Norfolk coast, but the front is meant to fizzle, so I'm not expecting too much down here in South Suffolk. Looks a very weak affair inland too.

Sat24 and radar at 11.50: 119146590_Satellite10May11_50.thumb.jpg.56fb15f641937e176a41d2a1372f5440.jpg819718874_Radar10May11_50.thumb.jpg.595ec1078d8d3d842a53bf382427219d.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

When the north wind blows we shall have snow, so the saying goes, but unfortunately it's May and not Smarch. So cloudy and 17c it is then.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted

Winds getting stronger now with full cloud cover and temps now fallen back to 11.2.c from a late morning high of 15.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A real change from yesterday. Cold, cloudy and windy all day so far. Even squeezed out a little rain too.

• Like 1

Posted

No rain here so far and temps now at 10.5c, front coming should give some rain though but not much . 

Posted

A really sudden and abrupt change this afternoon - up to nearly 18c but back down now to 12c. 

It's the change you would expect if a strong cold front had passed through but instead cloud has spread from the NE and the wind has noticeably strengthened from the ENE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The graph line on the temperature gauge clearly showing the impact of the cold front passing through here. From a high of 20.4C at 12.04 down to 8.6C by 17.00. Winds gusts up to 30mph now making if feel pretty cold outside.

1230145668_RadmacTemp10May.thumb.jpg.d70bf3b7a96e234b528f48de93789162.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Well, that north wind as expected is about as welcome as a fly in a kitchen! An absolute stinker of a day. What a difference less than 24 hours can make! 

Roll on the change already. Get us back in a nice warm southerly flow, or anything South of West or east for that matter! 

• Like 4

Posted

NE’ly wind carries some strength to it, the Thames barrier likely to close this evening, this is the first time that has ever occurred in May, high spring tides expected with possible storm surge overnight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Garden centre delivered my summer bedding today just in time for winter to return! I've spent most of the day trying to work out what needs protecting outside and making space for everything else to come back into the conservatory for a week or so

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I knew the colder air was coming but wasn't expecting this much wind.
It has bent a large branch on my tree in the past couple of hours!

Posted
Just now, Surrey said:

Well.. If you welcome this kind of weather you my friend deserve to hide away.. Not only does cold weather massively impact the spread of viruses.. It also weakens people's immune systems.. Weather is a major player in the fight against this virus.. Not to mention overall mindset.. Cold cloudy weather brings downs people's state of mind! Not what we need right now.. 

Hey ho.. I can't complain in the last 6 weeks my business has expanded in size 5 times over sales are up over 500% we have never been so busy! 

The seasonality aspect with this virus is very questionable, recent study on high temps and humidity against this virus and no correlation was found, a minor positive one however with transmission in higher humidity. People that love weather, enjoy all weather, no one should feel guilty. Today makes a change, and since it is such a profound change in a very short space of time it is quite fascinating, we don’t see a lot of these extremes in U.K. I’m not mad it will not last. We have been spoiled since March, at least it is not pouring! My home got too hot so I’m happy the house is getting chance to properly cool in London a long summer awaits.

• Like 5