Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
On 05/04/2020 at 10:03, lottiekent said:

Hi Stainesbloke!  We all seem to be doing ok thank you - my partner and I have the week off work this week which will mean we can play some board games with the kids (13&21) and get out in the garden to plant some seeds, tidy up etc. I’m very grateful to have a garden right now, I can’t imagine how difficult it must be for those who do not. 

How are you and your partner? Is your mum ok too? 

Edit: some weather! It’s lovely and sunny again today, high was 14c yesterday which was so nice. 

Hey  

Glad that you and your loved ones are safe and well. How nice to have a garden to enjoy at this time, and decent weather to go with it! Am good, thank you. Have been furloughed until the end of May. I’ve been pottering on the terrace planting dahlias, begonias and canna lilies in tubs and sowing more seeds.

Beautiful weather here in Prague, low 20’s and clear skies, perfect Stay Safe and well everyone, best wishes to you all xx

image.jpg

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

More nice weather today, so another walk in the park was in order... Panasonic LX-15

CEA90C28-C8E6-4691-8AE8-6AB8B6E2E6C0.jpeg

FCCD959A-B72F-4F9B-8EB1-D96B57F2942E.jpeg

02EDD379-3A05-4D41-831C-4DFDCCBE00A1.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

20.6c in south London. Warm for digging over the soil for planting next week. Soil really drying out quite rapidly. Could do with some wet weather now for early spring growth, met office outlook shaping up that way which will be useful and good. 

IMG_20200407_175141.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Well, after the worst two weeks of my life. having suffered the flu and pnuemonia previously, i can honestly say i feel for anyone with virus symptoms. 12 days over 100 temperature, unable to even lift my arms to have a glass of water, soaking in fever every night, headaches like no migraine ever before, and still got to consider after affects, (need my kidneys checking) i sincerely hope everyone is well out there.

the levels of both selfishness and generosity are beyond comprehension. from people out and about in threes and fours (who are not from the same household) to me trying to support my partly disabled wife and mother in law with slight pneumonia (77 years old) without any of her neighbours offering help and in juxtoposition, offers of help from my neighbours just shows me the country we live in. what makes people think they are immune? what makes people think they will not have an affect on anyone? sometimes i despair.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
12 hours ago, MAF said:

Well, after the worst two weeks of my life. having suffered the flu and pnuemonia previously, i can honestly say i feel for anyone with virus symptoms. 12 days over 100 temperature, unable to even lift my arms to have a glass of water, soaking in fever every night, headaches like no migraine ever before, and still got to consider after affects, (need my kidneys checking) i sincerely hope everyone is well out there.

the levels of both selfishness and generosity are beyond comprehension. from people out and about in threes and fours (who are not from the same household) to me trying to support my partly disabled wife and mother in law with slight pneumonia (77 years old) without any of her neighbours offering help and in juxtoposition, offers of help from my neighbours just shows me the country we live in. what makes people think they are immune? what makes people think they will not have an affect on anyone? sometimes i despair.

I've had a urine infection since I had a cough last month, don't know if it was Covid or not, certainly wasn't as bad as what you went through by the sounds of things. On second lot of antibiotics, which also seem not to be working. 

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It's another nice sunny day today, always nice to see the sun. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Much cloudier than I thought it'd be today, hope it clears up quickly! It was meant to be the warmest day of the week, but that's been pushed back to Fri/Sat as the week has progressed..  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

It maybe cloudier today which is disappointing, but it’ certainly feels a lot warmer out there today than all week here, already was 17c by 11 o’clock with literally no wind 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

See NW has dropped the cooler more unsettled headline from yesterday. Today we have 'destabilising low and showers' which basically in this part of the world will mean a bit more cloud and probability dry for most and temperatures above normal. I feel the theme is slowly setting in for the rest of spring and summer. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Stabilo19 said:

Much cloudier than I thought it'd be today, hope it clears up quickly! It was meant to be the warmest day of the week, but that's been pushed back to Fri/Sat as the week has progressed..  

Yes but Fri/Sat was meant to be getting cooler a day or so ago...I wonder when this region will see the next substantial rainfall from the Atlantic?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A really lovely day here with the temperature hitting 22.2C at lunchtime. Not bad for the 8th April. :oldsmile:

73410675_RadmacTemp08April.thumb.jpg.005a73bc996a33a078ee2691d378db05.jpg

Unfortunately a stiff breeze off the North Sea will see the warmer temps pushed further west tomorrow, so much cooler for us folk nearer the east coast. The temp chart from Arpege at 16.00 tomorrow nicely illustrates this; looks like I'll be lucky to see 16C:

1930215332_ArpegeTemp09April16_00.thumb.png.b8ab441a5d18c3b6f87d805bb4ed1b5f.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Timelapse of some convection today

• Like 1

Absolutely amazing weather! Been sunny here all week! Temps have been climbing too, currently 21 degrees and with light winds it feels much warmer! Makes this lockdown seem like a slightly better situation! I can enjoy the garden my gazebo is up and it’s bbq time! I miss the world so much, but this weather helps

• Like 5

Posted

Warm for early April...21C not a particularly nice day those deep blue skies are no more, very hazy, moderate to high pollution levels imported from mainland, yesterday was a disappointment too with stubborn cloud. I welcome the much cooler, fresher air on Monday it is all going a bit stagnant. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

A stunning day here in Bexhill, with a light E wind and a temperature of around 20c. Lovely! The warmth is making me crave thunderstorms... 

378D5C9C-08AF-4DF3-80FF-5A15054F277B.jpeg

8F445F3C-52CA-4CF4-B57B-04C2A19DB301.jpeg

2F4D7A63-F9E1-451B-BC89-8F8CA7A42540.jpeg

E81DCCFF-AA72-46B3-A7E4-5B17B48858EC.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

yes having a bedroom hitting 25c is wonderful.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Well yesterday's Arpege temperature forecast for today was a poor effort, probably down to the fact that the stiff breeze off the North Sea just didn't happen. So instead of the 16C forecast for here it reached a very respectable 20.7C. Another gorgeous day for early April. The weekend looking good too. I'm finding this lovely weather is helping to keep my spirits up.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

So just seen the bbc forecast and Saturday looks like being very warm at 26c .

0099B95A-2F25-4776-A22F-5C8AF9E4DF74.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted

Thankfully due to freshening east wind the pollution dispersed and blue skies returned it was quite grim don’t suffer from any respiratory problems but was coughing. Today looks a little less warm for us further east in region more North Sea troops! SSTs still pretty chilly 7-8C. For here apps have been too warm! 

35B02266-96E5-4873-AF9C-4353747AE2C9.thumb.jpeg.7b078dab065da5b6cfdd9c1286733e69.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Happy Easter everyone. Not an great time for many, hopefully everyone can make the most of the beautiful weather over the next couple of days. Looks unsettled for Sunday with heavy showers/thunderstorms possible and it will feel cold on Monday with frosts returning. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Happy easter To my south-easterners! It’s been a while. 

Hope everyone is taking it easy and staying safe through these pressing times. My thoughts are with you all. 

With a beer in hand, I shall be watching convective developments from my garden all day! Hopefully a first taster of some thundery potential for some areas. 

Take it easy folks. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

This is stunning April weather. ☀️ 

We've almost breached 20°C+ every day this week, and today looks to be 25+. Brief cooler spell Mon-Wed then back up to 20s Thursday into next weekend. 

20s are not rare for the SE in April but the longevity of this warm period is amazing! 

• Like 6