Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Winters dying embers now just tracking across soon to be gone....

The ICON still doesn't seem to think so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Winters dying embers now just tracking across soon to be gone....

Of a fire never to get going...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

It's been a long wet and miserable autumn and winter so forgive me if I don't get too excited about a a few snowflakes falling down here on the South Coast on the first day of British Summer Time.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

It's been a long wet and miserable autumn and winter so forgive me if I don't get too excited about a a few snowflakes falling down here on the South Coast on the first day of British Summer Time.

Lol sounds like you were lucky, no flakes here yesterday at all. Just polastarine balls and rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Snowed here late last night, was nice seeing it come down heavily for a while. Most of it has gone now, but some left in the shade. 

F6C235B6-2B61-46C7-A285-853DD589E59D.jpeg

6A6E76F2-5DA0-4EE6-B844-4E903C2CE622.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

The air quality and visibility today is very good, as the wind is coming from a relatively clean direction (NNE) Panasonic LX-15

A3EA3F82-A7B0-42AB-A3EB-80D01DE75919.jpeg

C5383F1F-8450-42D7-94E6-8E0B0E66F063.jpeg

07FB8F61-991E-4E7E-8575-19A6091D4BE4.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Well for someone who LOVES snow and longs for it all winter, I am now desperate for the opposite and some lovely Spring and Summer weather! Last week was amazing and I even caught the sun, despite the cool-ish air!! I see on the Meto that Sunday has a southerly flow and despite it still being breezy and cloudy, will at least be a bit warmer with 14c atm.... obviously subject to change at this stage!!xx

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Air quality was absolutely superb today, with excellent visibility. 

640B8FEC-BDCB-4507-896B-1B0010066FAC.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
18 hours ago, LightningLover said:

The air quality and visibility today is very good, as the wind is coming from a relatively clean direction (NNE) Panasonic LX-15

Lovely photos there:) I always find polar sourced air, or anything from around that vicinity, to be the 'best' air if there can be such a thing. Allergies and the like always feel better when it is overhead. And now with travel so reduced, the air just seems so much cleaner anyway. 

A mix of clouds and sunshine above Surbiton today, although according to Carol on BBC  this morning it could clear to blue skies and sunshine this afternoon. Fingers crossed, it was great sitting out in the sun last week to top up on vitamin D. 

I hope everyone is keeping well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Reefseeker said:

Lovely photos there:) I always find polar sourced air, or anything from around that vicinity, to be the 'best' air if there can be such a thing. Allergies and the like always feel better when it is overhead. And now with travel so reduced, the air just seems so much cleaner anyway. 

A mix of clouds and sunshine above Surbiton today, although according to Carol on BBC  this morning it could clear to blue skies and sunshine this afternoon. Fingers crossed, it was great sitting out in the sun last week to top up on vitamin D. 

I hope everyone is keeping well. 

Thank you. It really was exceptional air quality here yesterday, like being in the mountains. A joy to breathe lol Hope that you and your family are safe and well? 

Heavy and frequent snow showers today, some snowflakes, some polystyrene-like balls. Chilly at just 2°C currently. 

BCE73E9C-1139-4E51-813B-383A9826A3D4.jpeg

131324F3-525F-4DA0-8E35-3F5187E145F8.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Thank you. It really was exceptional air quality here yesterday, like being in the mountains. A joy to breathe lol Hope that you and your family are safe and well? 

Heavy and frequent snow showers today, some snowflakes, some polystyrene-like balls. Chilly at just 2°C currently. 

BCE73E9C-1139-4E51-813B-383A9826A3D4.jpeg

131324F3-525F-4DA0-8E35-3F5187E145F8.jpeg

It's funny, I saw your pics and wondered if it was 'our' air from a few days ago! We are all working from home so feel very fortunate; luckily my lad is 20 now and running a YouTube channel in addition to college work, but 10 years ago he would have been an autistic kid trying to cope with lock down. Are you likely to be able to fly any time soon or indefinitely marooned (albeit in a very nice place)? 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

It's funny, I saw your pics and wondered if it was 'our' air from a few days ago! We are all working from home so feel very fortunate; luckily my lad is 20 now and running a YouTube channel in addition to college work, but 10 years ago he would have been an autistic kid trying to cope with lock down. Are you likely to be able to fly any time soon or indefinitely marooned (albeit in a very nice place)? 

Glad that you are all ok and coping with things well ?? 

I took unpaid leave to get home, have 2 more weeks of that then I’m due to fly again. But my scheduled trip has been cancelled so Lord knows where I’ll end up! 

Posted
3 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Glad that you are all ok and coping with things well ?? 

I took unpaid leave to get home, have 2 more weeks of that then I’m due to fly again. But my scheduled trip has been cancelled so Lord knows where I’ll end up! 

Indeed, today's figures do not look encouraging for your return, especially given the closure of Gatwick and movement of planes around the country. Keeping fingers crossed for you, and for the whole world actually. 

The grey skies never cleared today which was rather frustrating - according to the radar it just kept feeding in off the North Sea to just south of here - but as evening approaches the sun is poking through to create white and golden edges around the clouds, so feeling much brighter. 

Posted

The temperature of -0.5 this morning on the 1st of April is probably the lowest here at Battersea,near central London all winter, hard to remember a lower minimum , this shows how poor the whole winter was as far as cold weather was concerned. Minimum temperatures this morning, at Farnborough  and Benson of -5 or -6, are probably just as low the minimum( or not very far of) temperatures recorded all winter..

Gender Male Location Battersea London.

• Like 1

Posted

Coldest night of the ‘winter’ here -1.2C no April fool’s, superb going for April don’t often get frost this late. Bright and cloudless for now but cloud creeping in. Boo!

• Like 1

Posted

Yup certainly chilly - nice thick frost on the grass - still there in the shade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Just heard on the bbc weather that 20c possible on Sunday

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
40 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Time to prepare my melons

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Some dry settled weather showing for next weekend as well. Fingers crossed. 

My god do we deserve it, after that atrocious Washout winter. 

• Like 1

Posted
21 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Hope not mate. 

Last thing  those of us actually in London need right now is dry warm sunny weather which encourages folk to go out and about and congregate. Could lead to another spike in infections/deaths in a few weeks. 

Edited by Wimbledon88

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Arpege going for 18C widely and 19C for London on Sunday, which will be great for folk who've got an outside space to enjoy the warmth of the Spring sunshine. Needless to say, pretty frustrating for those in apartments who aren't able to get out.

733418511_ArpegeSun05April.thumb.png.fcfef9079a6568d4869d357b406df0fc.png

• Like 8