Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

So. Much. Rain. Honestly, this reminds of the 12th January 2017 snow event... Without the snow.

During that day the weather was just like this; Relentless heavy rain, barely a breath of wind, and localised flooding.

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 2

Posted
57 minutes ago, Surrey said:

This is crazy rain now.. And to think it wasn't even meant to rain today lol.. 

Going to be a few issues come rush hour =( 

Yes, there would be a few red faces if they has to upgrade the warning to Amber. Minor flooding around here now. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

A few miles either way makes so much difference. 

We were forecast to have no rain yesterday for today.
Low and behold i would say pretty much a contender for the worse day for months.

As other have mentioned a normal winter with cold over Europe and would be buried under the snow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Central / NW kent are exactly along the pivot point today -

This would have been an epic event if it was cold enough. 

Widespread 20-30mm would I guess have equated to a foot of snow....

So annoying!!! And even more so when you consider that the Met Office showed it missing us last night, how often does that happen?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Started raining just before 9am and has just been relentless all day and due to continue till about 9pm.Temperatue has been between 5-5.5 all day.As others have said if this had been in mid winter with slightly colder air I think we would have been looking at between 6=12 inches of snow in this part of NW Kent!,If only!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Still pivoting, PPN moving up as far north as Lowestoft now, and just south of Norwich.

Met Office...................BIG FAIL!

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Localised flooding here now probs in many places now.. 

Euro4 doesn't clear it from west London for a few hours yet and takes a while for peeps further east.. 

ICON 12z just started rolling out, shows it clearing very slowly this evening.

iconeu-1-4-0.png

iconeu-1-8-0.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Still raining!

Hopefully that new super computer of theirs actually works eh?

Useless the lot of them!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
20 minutes ago, clark3r said:

This winter for me has been on par with the year 2000, so much wind and rain. I just hope we are in for a long dry summer 

Then guess how long it will be before they start mentioning a hosepipe ban 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Never known a pattern of weather last so long in over 30 years of studying metrology on a micro climatic sense.The rains started in late September and are still going strong now 6 months later!!Yes there have been brief drier slots but I find it astonishing the relentlessness of such regular rainfall and the intensity of it.Looking how strong the PV is I really fear this pattern will continue all of March and the first half of April .This is only my POV and hope I am wrong as I am so hoping for some dry and warm spring days that we enjoyed last year!

• Like 5

Posted
40 minutes ago, snowray said:

Still pivoting, PPN moving up as far north as Lowestoft now, and just south of Norwich.

Met Office...................BIG FAIL!

Can confirm it started raining here (16 miles south of Lowestoft) at 12ish, non stop often very heavy and the country roads flooding as well as the parts of the main A12, looking at radar it’s just endlessly coming in off the North Sea ESE direction and many more hours to come. Fields have been waterlogged since November, with nowhere to go the roads flood quickly.  Why o why couldn’t we get this coming in when it’s colder!!

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Can confirm it started raining here (16 miles south of Lowestoft) at 12ish, non stop often very heavy and the country roads flooding as well as the parts of the main A12, looking at radar it’s just endlessly coming in off the North Sea ESE direction and many more hours to come. Fields have been waterlogged since November, with nowhere to go the roads flood quickly.  Why o why couldn’t we get this coming in when it’s colder!!

Soooooooooooooo annoying!!!

And channel lows always miss us when it's cold enough for snow.:wallbash:

• Like 5

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowray said:

Soooooooooooooo annoying!!!

And channel lows always miss us when it's cold enough for snow.:wallbash:

When was the last time Kent even got a channel low? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Still lashing down here (10 miles north of Eastbourne). No doubt another waterlogged garden to go back home to.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Coopsy said:

When was the last time Kent even got a channel low? 

I know one thing for sure, if it had been cold enough for snow we would have all gone to bed last night thinking what if....... here we go again another near miss. 

But what a surprise today, be going berserk on here, on page 190 plus by now, Steve M having posted 3 or 4 pages himself at the very least, no work today due to his car getting stuck in a foot and a half of snow on the Kent Alps!

We can dream.

Edited by snowray
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Sorry if this has been repeated I haven’t checked the thread above as been working all day but WTF is going on . This rain I thought was forecast to run through the channel , I’ve just checked rain today and it’s reached far more north than that , And then to cap it off I see a yellow warning ⚠️ has been issued from nowhere . 

Today to my knowledge is a big fail , correct me if I’m wrong . 

F4C81F48-1FE5-477F-8C83-0247CBCAD4C6.png

• Like 2

Posted

It's been steady rain here in Hastings since 6:30 this morning and will soon be tipping over the 25mm of rain mark. Had this been a 'cold' channel low I think it's fair to say Coronavirus would be taking a step back from the front pages!

• Like 4