Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Heavy snow in Maidstone for the last 5 minutes another 24 of it and it might settle on the cars and grass

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
10 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Hello Mark.

I trust you and your family are well. My wife never concedes, but neither do I!

We have had over an hour and a quarter of snow here in north Chelmsford, at times quite heavy, but none is settling as the ground must be too warm still.

Kind Regards

Dave

. Yes it was nice to see . Sun is out here so that’s that all done , At least it wasn’t a complete bust .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Still just icy rain in Bexhill...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Good few hours of heavy snow. Lovely. was turning more wet as we headed to school, had one one final heavy burst then it changed to drizzle and it all melted.

Cool, had winter bring on the thunder.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Had some wet snow with big flakes for a while but skies clearing and the sun is appearing now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hope Malcolm (Blessed Weather), doesn't mind me Posting this in here. The first Category of my Weather predicting Competition, was resolved this Morning. Our own Lottiekent leading the way, courtesy of predicting the exact, first Date of settling Snow, in our Region. The S.E. Region being further represented by Daniel and John Stevens, who were just a Day out, with their predictions.

Below, are the Current Standings in the NW WEATHER PREDICTING COMPETITION, after the Result of Category 1:

NW WEATHER PREDICTING COMPETITION

ENTRANT                          CAT.1     CAT.2      CAT.3     CAT.4      "V"/C TOTAL 

Lottiekent                          20.00                                                          20.00

Daniel                                  5.00                                                            5.00

John Stevens                      5.00                                                            5.00

Kirk/Weather                       5.00                                                             5.00

AntonyBR7(Guest)                X                                                                NIL

B87                                          X                                                                NIL

Bobd29                                   X                                                                NIL

CheesepuffScott                    X                                                                NIL

Claret047                                X                                                                NIL

Classylady                              X                                                                NIL

Febblizzard1991                     X                                                                NIL

Fiftyshadesofsnow                 X                                                                NIL

Kentspur                                  X                                                                NIL

Lewis028                                 X                                                                 NIL

Seaside 60                              X                                                                 NIL

Septic Peg(Guest)                  X                                                                 NIL

TomSE12                                 X                                                                 NIL 

At least I can blame the Alphabet, for being last in my own Competition!! :help:

Regards,

Tom.    :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

Hi rain and cold here on the Isle of sheppey north Kent I was surprised to see a few flakes coming down about 30 minutes ago I am still hoping we get a surprise like March 2018 which was fantastic here I can only dream. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
3 hours ago, mb018538 said:

Same here in Cambridge - the one thing I didn’t expect to see this winter! 

Sadly didn't amount to much but nice to see some flakes, I'd forgotten what snow looked like!! 

Posted

Can't believe that for thanet certainly margate herne bay area where I live I haven't seen a single snow flake this year. Absolutely incredible. Whenever it's rain and wind you can guarantee it. What's even crueller is its bloody freezing but without the snow which REALLY rubs it in..... VERY POOR WINTER WORSE THAN LAST YEAR and that's saying something...... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Almost had a bit of sleet here in Hailsham towards the end.

That’s how desperate this winter has been.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Almost had a bit of sleet here in Hailsham towards the end.

That’s how desperate this winter has been.

LOL its. Been poo hasn't it 

Edited by Snowfish2
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Went for a drive to the North Downs on the edge of south London near Biggin Hill earlier to see some proper snow, first falling snow seen this winter, was trying to settle too before I left. Back home and was just wet snow and sleet down here in the south London lowlands, sun popping out now.

Video near Biggin Hill around 10am below, temp was around 1.5C

• Like 6

Posted

This was in the canary wharf region this morning....snowing at sea level - I wasnt expecting it. Nice suprise and only snow of the winter so far. God it's been bad lol

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 5

Posted

Well now that this mornings excitement is over we can now look forward to.... STORM JORGE!! 

I'm sure the last one we had was called Dennis so i must have either slept through the last five of them or my spelling is hopeless. 

Either way, wet and windy ahead which i like. You know where you are with that. Proper weather. Warnings out.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Just icy cold rain, and more of the same on the way, just not as icy, winter 2019-2020, you have been poor, go away, and spend the next few months revising, maybe next winter, you'll have a better understanding of what you're all about

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Some lovely bright sunshine this afternoon after the morning's snow! Can really notice the strength of the sun increasing now - roll on summer! 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Well now that this mornings excitement is over we can now look forward to.... STORM JORGE!! 

I'm sure the last one we had was called Dennis so i must have either slept through the last five of them or my spelling is hopeless. 

Either way, wet and windy ahead which i like. You know where you are with that. Proper weather. Warnings out.

Jorge. That's stained glass windowin spanish.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Storm Jorge was named by the Spanish Met Service AEMet, not sure why, as it's going nowhere near Spain, but the Met Office are adopting the name not Ellen. Met Eireann could have named it for wind impacts which look worse for Ireland/ Northern Ireland, but too sIow I guess. Bit odd this naming system.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
11 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

That's winter 2019/2020 done and dusted, wasn't it rubbish.

Hold up lassie as it is a leap year we still have until the 29th (Saturday) "However, at the Met Office, we often use a meteorological definition of the seasons. By the meteorological calendar, the first day of winter is always 1 December; ending on 28 (or 29 during a Leap Year) February. " 

Still time for a Daily Express snow bomb snowmaggeddon countrywide blizzard to sweep in :oldlaugh:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

That wind has increased dramatically, unusually from the NW. Parts of N France getting hit by 60+mph gusts