Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
16 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

It’s not cold enough imo .....2 or 3 c.......

expecting to see a bit of wet snow at best away from elevation far enough north .... chilterns I would think ......

Agree, have you seen the Hirlam 18z? downgrade in terms of snowfall compared to 12z and I find that ppn model the best/most accurate at this timeframe. Not expecting anything apart from a bit of wet snow and my location is in current meto warning. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Agree, have you seen the Hirlam 18z? downgrade in terms of snowfall compared to 12z and I find that ppn model the best/most accurate at this timeframe. Not expecting anything apart from a bit of wet snow and my location is in current meto warning. 

Yes, everything is downgrading with the metoffice forecasts showing nowt but heavy rain for my location and sleet for those in the sweet spot. 

Game over I think!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
4 minutes ago, Don said:

Yes, everything is downgrading with the metoffice forecasts showing nowt but heavy rain for my location and sleet for those in the sweet spot. 

Game over I think!

Looks like it. Pity this was our best chance of the winter, and a perfect channel low too.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowray said:

Looks like it. Pity this was our best chance of the winter, and a perfect channel low too.

GFS 18z has also downgraded. 

Rounds off an absolute rubbish winter! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

If we don't get a lovely hot dry summer after this pathetic excuse for a winter then I will definitely throw a strop, lol!!! Not a great start to the new decade weather wise but maybe a bad blip before a corking decade to come?!xx

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
4 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

If we don't get a lovely hot dry summer after this pathetic excuse for a winter then I will definitely throw a strop, lol!!! Not a great start to the new decade weather wise but maybe a bad blip before a corking decade to come?!xx

Me too. Got everything crossed for a splendid summer and lots of warm summer evenings chilling in the garden. 

• Like 2

Posted

Bbc/Meto and Met all going for very wet weekend and next week. LPs forecast to take more southerly track next week and with colder air in place, possibly something a bit wintry. Certainly going to be wet either way. 

As for tomorrow, no snow in the capital anyway, cold rain AM,8c and Sunny in afternoon. 

• Like 1

Posted

2.5c here with a DP of 0.4c. Expecting a grotty cold and wet day here. Don’t think I can bring myself to log in here tomorrow as I get way too jealous of people having snow when we don’t down here 

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Temperature on the rise here in Locksbottom.at 9pm was 2.7 but at 10.30 risen to 3.1.Really not looking forward to another wet morning tomorrow.This must be close to the wettest winter of the 21st century?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Unfortunately all of those heavy snow symbols from earlier for tomorrow, have now been replaced by heavy rain ones by the met office. Location near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

Looks like it's game over, not that it even started!

Edited by NewEra21
Spelling
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
11 minutes ago, john mac1 said:

Extent of the precip already further north on the radar than the hirlam 18z

Oh dear that means we'll get the south of the low and sw winds

Posted
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

No, the low is as it was the precip has a larger area to the north of the low 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.
2 hours ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

Yeah, the Alps lol.

Personally, a slush fest and 8c by lunch doesn't do it for me. If we ain't getting a cold spell with lasting snow then give me 25c and sun!

Yep, totally agree. Then the bbq can come out and we can forget about this absolutely dire winter. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, NewEra21 said:

Unfortunately all of those heavy snow symbols from earlier for tomorrow, have now been replaced by heavy rain ones by the met office. Location near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

Looks like it's game over, not that it even started!

As predicted... Yep are u surprised? 

Posted
Just now, Snowfish2 said:

But it still means cold rain for you. Whichever way you look at it whilst areas further north will have snow. 

I’ll stick to the radar watch rather than look at apps 

Posted
2 hours ago, Hotspur61 said:

Its at times like these I wish the whole of the SE Region was a minimum of 250m asl and then marganilty wouldn’t come into question!!Tbh it looks like a miserable Thursday morning to me with some moderate bursts of rain for many but maybe those 200m asl May see a short lived covering.Then Friday and Saturday bring more spells of rain-Oh joy

And heavy rain the storm on the 29th shows gust ls of 55mph plus 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
48 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

I very much hope so (like I do every summer). Need a good dose of sun and warmth after this foul weather. Most of Europe has been in the same boat, too, if not as sopping wet as here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Saturday afternoon and evening look pretty stormy, if the GFS is correct. Possibly the strongest winds of the winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Points+temperature on the rise over the region....we need a steady downclimb+ if that front advects any warmth it's game over.....with even highest elevations @risk!!!

tn_uk (2).png

tn_uk (1).png

Edited by tight isobar