Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Convective Weather and Snow
19 hours ago, Snowfish2 said:

Could we finally be on the cusp of our first flake of snow in the south East Steve? 

Believe it or not it actually snowed in NW London a couple of weeks ago! wasn't proper snow but started off as slett and then transitioned to train mixed with snow. It only lasted about 10 minutes but was exciting enough. I think that the intensity of the rain probably had the effect of dragging the freezing level lower.

Edited by Thunder and Lightning
  • Like 1

Posted

As usual there are a lot of “killjoys” on the main thread with respect to Thursday onwards.

I am just going to wait for Steve Murr to put in his input, don’t really trust anyone else.  One thing I’ve learnt is if he stops posting then the potential event is a no-hoper.

hope I’m not offending anyone with good intentions, but I think there are too many trolls in this forum and too many people who haven’t a clue what they are talking about.  Takes the enjoyment out of it.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Laurence Hill said:

As usual there are a lot of “killjoys” on the main thread with respect to Thursday onwards.

I am just going to wait for Steve Murr to put in his input, don’t really trust anyone else.  One thing I’ve learnt is if he stops posting then the potential event is a no-hoper.

hope I’m not offending anyone with good intentions, but I think there are too many trolls in this forum and too many people who haven’t a clue what they are talking about.  Takes the enjoyment out of it.

People don't have to be spot on you know... They are just here to voice their opinions, enjoy talking about the weather, learn something and and say what they think might happen weatherwise. If they don't have a clue what they are talking about, then they can learn something.  (most people probably have a good idea what they are talking about by the way)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Thursday's potential snow looks too marginal. Best not to get hopes up and we won't end up disappointed by freezing cold rain. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
33 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Thursday's potential snow looks too marginal. Best not to get hopes up and we won't end up disappointed by freezing cold rain. 

I just want to see snow falling that’s all . Mwoa 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
36 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Agree, dew points are forecast to be above freezing so it’s likely to be just cold rain for most. But there have been quite a few wintry surprises before.

• Like 4

Posted

Aint happening according to MetoGroup /BBC, they have Thursday dry, the LP stays way to the south then its wet and breezy Friday until Sunday. Too mild either way for anything worthwhile. 

Thet are going for LP to track right down across the country next week. I think that may be of more interest regarding something wintry down here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Whats this - Snowfall to lower levels on Thursday morning?

image.thumb.png.20dfd108062ee733e49b724d20aa94e6.pngimage.thumb.png.86f745ab7b1b72ac2d2863e4a963924e.png

Looks like crappy sleet for most of us in the SE unfortunately why couldnt this have happened a month ago might have made a difference ❄

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
47 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Evaporational cooling could well play a part

Interesting possibilities here @150M

I'm expecting some decent pics from you Steve, white ones...fingers crossed aye...

Posted
5 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

I think even my alpine height wont be enough

West Kingsdown > maybe a chance !

Best chance for snow will probably be the Chilterns, and any other high ground around. You might have a chance though!

Edited by Thunder and Lightning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

So it looks like the snow chances are all but gone, to be honest, im not surprised, dreadful winter, and a continuation of rain rain rain, just colder rain, winter can bugger off as far as im concerned, hopefully next winter will be much better 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Wow A Sunny morning with a hint of Spring again. Temp at 8c. Thats 46F. in old money. With much lighter winds and clear skies we should reach 10C. Today. Even more in the greenhouse. Will Celebrate with a lunchtime tipple. Have a good day. Good Health to you all.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Westerlies eh Even Central London forecast to see snow showers in the early hours while we only get sleet in NW Kent

Screenshot_20200225-093538_BBC Weather.jpg

Screenshot_20200225-093450_BBC Weather.jpg

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Hoping for some major upgrades

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters
35 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Hoping for some major upgrades

_105424986_ea2ab8d0-11f9-4ff7-8143-670f5
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Large parts of Wales and southern England are affected, with warnings of rail and flight delays on Friday.

A repeat of this?!!??!?!

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, username home said:
_105424986_ea2ab8d0-11f9-4ff7-8143-670f5
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Large parts of Wales and southern England are affected, with warnings of rail and flight delays on Friday.

A repeat of this?!!??!?!

That was another none event around here. Some sleet i seem to recall. 

I know im not popular on here for being a fan of wet windy wild weather but at least never too disappointed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

I just had a heavy rain shower- With some sleet mixed in!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Chilterns looking favorite again for Thursday morning but still a lot of disagreement so a surprise or two looks possible even this evening.

What we need to do is start building a mountain or two in the southeast, 700/800m should do it, where was it that they built a massive eco-friendly ski slope our of trash, Denmark?

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1

Posted

Just posted this on the model thread, Met Office update this afternoon are showing a clump of snow over the London area for Thursday morning.

20200225_131503.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

I have a snow symbol for 11pm tonight from BBC!!!  Shows what a diabolical winter it's been when I get excited that!!