Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
54 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

So lovely to see a sunset this evening but my goodness, the Thames is starting to flow high and fast - now on a flood alert between Henley and Cookham.

All the rain will no doubt cause some issues with the Thames, I’m glad my Mum moved 2 years ago from a location close to the river in Staines. Will not forget the 2013 floods in a hurry. Dennis has certainly been worse than Ciara in our region for rainfall. Peak wind gusts have generally been lower, though still some damaging gusts. I see that Paris reached 18°C today Blowing an absolute hoolie there, too and other parts of the near continent. Prague reached 13°C today.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted

Many local roads flooded here, the garden is an enormous puddle with our fence a gonner for good after valiant attempts during last week's storm. Locally we are under a flood warning until midnight. The Thames at Kingston must be very high indeed. But at least we have a sunset and pockets of blue sky. Please can we have some weeks to dry out now and while we're at it, might as well head on into spring. 

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, yamkin said:

STORM DENNIS UPDATE: MAJOR FLOODING INCIDENT DECLARED IN HERTFORDSHIRE & SOUTH WALES

Not Hertfordshire. Should be Herefordshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Is that another squall line developing out west ? Looks like it on the radar .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
17 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

I think so. Some lightning also showing on blitzortung.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Heartbreaking seeing the news reports from Wales. Homes and businesses destroyed through flood waters. 

Absolute drenching here today, fields/lakes/river streams basically anywhere that isn’t a road seems to be under water on my drive home this afternoon. Shocking on the A505 to see the fields to my left under water. Devastating.

Local farm had to rescue the horses from the floods. 

We need a very very long dry period and fast!!  

Posted
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

Hope not. 
Flooded plains here are awful, feel for the wildlife who depend on grazing in these fields. 

Posted
29 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Hope not. 
Flooded plains here are awful, feel for the wildlife who depend on grazing in these fields. 

Yeah I hope so too , The Ace of spades Slip road  towards Claygate was terrible today I think @Mal Kapadia saw this too  , Loads of Cars and Vans left broken down and the fire brigade called , I’ve also seen on social media the Hogsmill is close to breaking its banks .It looks like there is unfortunately a band of rain followed by another one but hopefully it loses it oomph .

9F2F3BEB-726D-4B04-BCB7-6E695C18F965.jpeg

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Yeah I hope so too , The Ace of spades Slip road  towards Claygate was terrible today I think @Mal Kapadia saw this too  , Loads of Cars and Vans left broken down and the fire brigade called , I’ve also seen on social media the Hogsmill is close to breaking its banks .It looks like there is unfortunately a band of rain followed by another one but hopefully it loses it oomph .

Fingers crossed it losses intensity. 

Really worrying the river levels and flooded plains here. Never seen it like this. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Wind is strengthening again here

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Fingers crossed it losses intensity. 

Really worrying the river levels and flooded plains here. Never seen it like this. 

It’s hit here. 
gusty winds and yet more torrential rain 

Posted
16 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Wind is strengthening again here

What a crap winter.

Roll on a boiling hot dry summer 2020

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Wind picked up again and lightening in the Surrey Hills.... just looked at the radar... big blob just about to pass over... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine

Literally gone from being no wind & dry to rather blustery and torrential rain in Merstham (Redhill) 

• Like 1

Posted

Thankfully broke up over us but the wind is blowing a hooley , that line produced lots of hail earlier further west .

Posted
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

Re: Hogsmill, it's that flood warning that we are under on account of the 'Surbiton Stream' running through this area. Just got back from the dog walk where the wind and rain whipped up like Storm Dennis round two. As you say, not as bad as further west by the time it reached here, but still distinctly wild and woolly. Edit: And cold in the wind too!

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1