Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
4 minutes ago, biddie said:

Look at that massive squall line on the radar !!

Yep countrywide about to cross London

The next lot of rain pushing into South West England now.. Very bad flooding of roads round here just had a quick drive round a lot of debris on roads had to stop a couple of times to rescue peoples bins in the middle of the road.. 

Rain is now more of an issue as it looks like it's going to pour all day.. Expecting met office to update warnings over us shortly.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Not much sleep was had last night! As others have said it definitely sounds worse this weekend and I've not even had much rain at all here yet in South Woodham.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Rare red warning for South Wales - looks like a lot of rain still to come for south east too ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Squall line passing over now. Wowsers! Torrential rain and impressive gusts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A notable gap in the squall line.... heading straight for my location. :olddoh:

70287395_Radar16Feb07_10.thumb.jpg.ee40ff596acf04adb9f5ad9d82abbaa5.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Yep I'm under it now.. Wind is not as impressive as the squalls last week but the rain is tropical.. In fact I think the wind was gusting stronger early hours of this morning 

I think my location enhances the gusty effect - but yes, early hours was stronger. Dennis has outperformed Ciara for me. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
16 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Yeah I'm expecting that abmber to maybe be increased or something changed slightly.. Looking at the models now we have a whole day of rain ahead =( 

I wanted to get out and sort some bamboo! 

Sounds like the weather has bamboozled you !!! 

5 minutes ago, Mizzle said:

I think my location enhances the gusty effect - but yes, early hours was stronger. Dennis has outperformed Ciara for me. 

Easily here to... This was going to be the case in some areas and not others.. Will take photos of lake at back of my garden its risen maybe 2 or 3" neighbours are worried.. My garden how resembles a pond.. The issue where I am is the ground water level if high enough floods all our back gardens and right up to the back doors last time.. 

• Like 2

Posted

looking at radar very  windy here and there some very nastylines  of rain not far away

Posted
14 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

A notable gap in the squall line.... heading straight for my location. :olddoh:

70287395_Radar16Feb07_10.thumb.jpg.ee40ff596acf04adb9f5ad9d82abbaa5.jpg

I was the same for ciara and by the looks of it, the squall line is passing on dennis over our area with a mild yellow. Luck or bad luck who knows.  Woke me up a few times last night though. Hard to say if it was worse than last weekend as the worst of it looks to of been while people were asleep.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Easily here to... This was going to be the case in some areas and not others.. Will take photos of lake at back of my garden its risen maybe 2 or 3" neighbours are worried.. My garden how resembles a pond.. The issue where I am is the ground water level if high enough floods all our back gardens and right up to the back doors last time.. 

We have a similar problem in the front garden: water runs off the raised farmland across the road and heads our way. That flowing water sound...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
14 minutes ago, Mal Kapadia said:

Here we go!

Yes Mal it just passed through here . Wife was wondering why I was waiting by the window and asked if it was snowing .  I’m afraid not I replied but we may need a boat for transport if this carries on much longer .

• Like 6