Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Wind seems stronger than last weekend - maybe because it's after dark and we're more aware of the noise?

5mm of rain the total so far today, and barometric pressure has now stabilised at 1002.9

Posted
9 minutes ago, will-o'the-wisp said:

Calming down slightly here too. Maybe the calm before the storm looking at what’s coming on the radar!

Can u send me a live link to it please 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
12 minutes ago, will-o'the-wisp said:

Calming down slightly here too. Maybe the calm before the storm looking at what’s coming on the radar!

That looks like it'll be north of me unless it back build a bit due to orographic lift once the band reaches this far east. 

Edit: scratch that, I've just seen our bit is coming up from France and looks just as bad. 

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Highest wind gust measured on my weather station today was 52.6 mph.

last weekend the highest was 62.4 mph.

wunderground ID ICANTE6

Edited by snoangel
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Max gust in my garden was 10 minutes ago, 52.6mph.

Last weekend I got 62.2mph

So in haywards Heath west Sussex it's not as powerful as last weekend yet, same story with other weather stations I've looked at so far

Edit, ha cant believe the post above mine at the same time with almost exactly same speeds. Where you based snoangel?

Edited by Rob Deacon
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The wind really seems to have picked up now, really howling and starting to whistle.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mal Kapadia said:

The wind really seems to have picked up now, really howling and starting to whistle.

Still doing the opposite here, may be it'll pick back up soon. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

BBC weather suggesting tomorrow morning's rain could linger all day for the SE.

So that's the whole weekend ruined by wet & windy weather, and a risk of flooding too. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

BBC weather suggesting tomorrow morning's rain could linger all day for the SE.

So that's the whole weekend ruined by wet & windy weather, and a risk of flooding too. 

And to top it all off, I have to get my son to Ashford hospital tomorrow from Dover, without getting his dressing wet. For the best, if I can get there. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Wow that's really gusting now!

Not raining though, looks like the worst of the rain will be the early hours til the afternoon. Weather like this makes me wish I hadn't chosen to work with horses!

Posted
5 hours ago, Oaks said:

Dunno if its just me or what but this feels stronger than last weekend.

Wasn't expecting this but yes, the winds are on a different level from last weekend and seem far more sustained than gusty. There's also already more damage. Just came back home and there are whole fences blowing across the roads.

Posted
20 minutes ago, Mikel Nimbus said:

Wasn't expecting this but yes, the winds are on a different level from last weekend and seem far more sustained than gusty. There's also already more damage. Just came back home and there are whole fences blowing across the roads.

My guess is the wind direction has different effects on perceived wind speed, seems stronger to me aswell but I know it's not.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

We’ve just had a fairly potent shower come through in Bexhill- Up to around very heavy on my scale.

4039BD44-56EE-455F-975F-4BA71496FCD3.jpeg

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

My guess is the wind direction has different effects on perceived wind speed, seems stronger to me aswell but I know it's not.

True and maybe also actual wind speed? e.g. a certain location might be more sheltered from westerlies but exposed to southerlies? Wind speeds are higher on my anemometer this evening than for Storm Ciara.

Edited by Mikel Nimbus

Posted
5 hours ago, Rob Deacon said:

Max gust in my garden was 10 minutes ago, 52.6mph.

Last weekend I got 62.2mph

So in haywards Heath west Sussex it's not as powerful as last weekend yet, same story with other weather stations I've looked at so far

Edit, ha cant believe the post above mine at the same time with almost exactly same speeds. Where you based snoangel?

I’m near Canterbury in Kent.

Just had a gust of 70 mph!!! No wonder I can’t sleep

Edited by snoangel
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Good morning everyone... Well I've just got up.  NOT LIKING the sounds of these winds in Tunbridge Wells one bit.   I'm no expert and love following Netweather but I'd say this is worse than last weekend. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

The gusts here are finally getting less intense after the noisiest night I can remember for many years - lots of alarming banging so dread to think how much fencing has gone. My son’s flight safely landed at Gatwick a few minutes after 5am, having done a last minute abort and fly around. He texted to say that passengers had burst into tears and were terrified; that it was the most difficult flying experience he’s ever had (he flies constantly on business). Noticed on Flight Radar the next plane did the same thing too.  Sent a short video as plane reached its gate, the torrential rain being blown sideways and off the ground looks like a tropical storm scene - horrendous conditions for travelling. Go very carefully if you have to drive in the next hours or so.