Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

49 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

It doesn’t look quite as severe as Ciara but will still be a significant storm. Looks like the rain will be more of an issue than the wind in our region but will still be very windy, especially if we get any squall lines.

Famous last words, we are paying close attention to tomorrow when a squall is expected to move through that's what the strong winds are on the GFS again tomorrow.. It brings nearly 90mph to the south coast and 80mph inland as it moves through.. Although I can't see that happening 

Screenshot_20200215_060749_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.07205a483113425caff2c5c79e8e6b94.jpg

Screenshot_20200215_060734_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.d99ea3dc3b15d98b07812fc51b65a56c.jpg

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
4 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Famous last words, we are paying close attention to tomorrow when a squall is expected to move through that's what the strong winds are on the GFS again tomorrow.. It brings nearly 90mph to the south coast and 80mph inland as it moves through.. Although I can't see that happening 

Well... Its a bit gusty here already in Tunbridge Wells.  And so many of the fields are waterlogged already.  My friend has bought her cows in... Mud nearly up to the top of her Wellington Boots...And before any of our resident comedians comment the cows are in her barn NOT her house!

Edited by Sidsnake
Add words
  • Like 7

Just now, Sidsnake said:

Well... Its a bit gusty here already in Tunbridge Wells.  And so many of the fields are waterlogged already.  My friend has bought her cows in... Mud nearly up to the top of her Wellington Boots...

I have a lake at the back of my garden its an old gravel pit that was bought and incoperated into the massive garden that belongs to the house a few doors down from me.. It's nearly over top thankfully there is bank in the way to stop it flooding my garden however back in 2015 I think it was, it did flood my garden and now all the people around the lake are worried again.. It must draim a lot of water from the local area or have a small stream that feeds into.. When it's light I'll take photos and I gaurntee by tomorrow afternoon it's over.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Just seen the latest weather forecast, they have definitely have overreacted with the rain for this part of the region, looks like it’s is mostly going to miss the Far East which is good news, light patchy rain with the odd heavy burst passing through during today, Sunday now looks rain better too, again patchy rain with the odd heavy showers. No where near the prolonged rain that was expected. Let’s see how bad the wind will be then? 

Posted

Forecast for SE region is for heavy rain later Saturday and most of Sunday, with Amber warnings, so which forecast are you looking at. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Want to give a final reminder to those S.E.Regional Members looking to enter my Weather predicting Competition, as Claret047 pointed out Yesterday, it's NOT on the Lounge Thread but in the Weather Discussion Forum. See link below.

Weather Predicting Competition!

Hope you're all paying attention and listen very carefully as I will say 'zis only once more!!

The entry deadline for the Competition, expires at 9 PM Tonight.

image.thumb.png.dfe16f3d8cc60901274f33364a2f226c.png

Looks like "Dennis the Menace" is going to gatecrash, mine and my Wife's 10th Wedding Anniversay, with no repeat of the Snow Grains we experienced outside Sidcup Registry Office, in 2010.

Hope you all have an enjoyable Day, and stay safe!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
23 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Forecast for SE region is for heavy rain later Saturday and most of Sunday, with Amber warnings, so which forecast are you looking at. 

I was meaning this part of Norfolk not to have the continuation of rain 

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry the location doesn't show on mibike

3 minutes ago, slater said:

I was meaning this part of Norfolk not to have the continuation of rain 

Sorry, your location doesn't show on mobile for some reason. Yes no warnings for Norfolk, but still Amber warning here, alas. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Winds starting to pick up. Here we go again...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
2 hours ago, Snow Queen one said:

Happy Anniversary Tom.  Hope you have a great day despite the weather.

Thanks S.Q.1,

Poor Colette has had to do an early Morning shift, at the Chislehurst Care Home where she works.

But I've told her, under no circumstances is she to stay on and do a double shift, on our Wedding Anniversary.

I don't care if they're short staffed, especially after that insulting £5 Amazon Gift Voucher "Christmas Box", that the Staff were given.(Btw, Colette hasn't received hers yet!!).An en suite Room costs the Resident £1,500 per Week and if the Residents don't have any savings, Bromley Social Services  have to pay BUPA.

So, someone is seeing that money but it certainly isn't the Staff!!:nonono: No doubt the CEO, is doing ok.

I know I'm biased but I happen to think it's a national disgrace, how little importance we attach to caring for the ill and elderley, in this Country.

Right, I'll get off my Soapbox now.

Meanwhile in Weather news, the rain from Dennis is knocking on our door.

https://en.meteox.com/ 

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 hours ago, Surrey said:

Screenshot_20200215_060749_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.07205a483113425caff2c5c79e8e6b94.jpg

Screenshot_20200215_060734_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.d99ea3dc3b15d98b07812fc51b65a56c.jpg 327.76 kB · 0 downloads

GFS has amped up the storm somewhat on recent runs, though I was looking at the Met Office impact matrix and that was less severe than Ciara. It’ll still be a significant event. These storms do have a habit of throwing a surprise or two in. For our area near the Thames, it’s the rain amounts that are of more concern.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

First heavy rain of the day arriving here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Reckon the wind is actually gusting stronger here in the Surrey Hills than it was last weekend...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Let's shut the Thames barrier

Once the storm is in the North Sea they probably will. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Sounds like its getting interesting outside, can hear the roar over the tv

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, snowrye said:

Sounds like its getting interesting outside, can hear the roar over the tv

Same sounding rather interesting now, starting to sound like the last hour of last week's already. 

• Like 1