Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Some torrential rain just passed through. Amber warning just been issued for area south of London for weekend. Though why they are only warning Amber and knowone else I'm not sure.

Going to be a wet and windy one folks. 

Edited by Wimbledon88

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

After a showery morning we had the most incredible hail storm about an hour ago, everything white and even now there is still large hail lying on the grass! Temps dropped from 8deg to 4.8°c during the hail.

Was woken up in the night by a huge gust of wind that sent the bins flying then barely a breeze! Very odd! Thought I might have dreamt it until I got up and saw the bins and their contents scattered all over the place!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Another night of heavy rain followed by heavy showers today. Then more to follow at the weekend with storm Dennis ..

usually I’m wanting cold and snow but now praying from some dry, settled Spring warmth. What a crappy Winter

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

missed out on a heavy rain shower. It's so mild I don't need a coat or gloves. 

I DON'T NEED A COAT. 

giphy.gif

Posted
28 minutes ago, Dami said:

missed out on a heavy rain shower. It's so mild I don't need a coat or gloves. 

I DON'T NEED A COAT. 

giphy.gif

It's ok D, we have our own micro-climate in this part of the "northern" home counties.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Some photos I took today:

IMG_0667[1].JPG

IMG_0668[1].JPG

IMG_0673[1].JPG

IMG_0669[1].JPG

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
43 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Now a Double 

02205816-E297-47E9-A8BB-E5C2D88DAFAA.jpeg

6138A935-75CB-4D10-AFF8-9232B715866D.jpeg

Oh Mark, Zippy it up please!!

Meanwhile on the Weather front, Rainbows aside, Dennis still on course for a wild Sunday/Monday:

image.thumb.png.3a286d41f0a0485e552f9d3cf62d884e.png

Fortunately, I don't think we'll get down as far as:

image.thumb.png.f3106b7e44735fb18df8e9ab70ec0726.png

Mary, Mungo or Midge but possibly 

image.thumb.png.a1daa1dd13962e86fd9c917cffe2aec8.png

Fifi and Hector.

Right, I'm really showing my age now.(I know, 5!!).  

Those Members still wanting to enter my Weather prediction Competition, it's on a separate Thread over on the Lounge Forum.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some very heavy showers here today, didn’t feel that mild to me

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well after a spell of heavy rain in the early hours till about 6am this morning we had a drier spell till about 8.35 when I set off for work.My met office app said dry with sunny spells till 12 noon and then rain (80% chance) till 2pm but the rain started and it was more on than off till about 1pm.I know I know about Weather apps but how can it be so utterly wrong at such short notice!Tbf I have found the app to be generally pretty good but today it was outrageously wrong.Thankfully after 1pm the rain stopped and we had some watery sunshine although temp only reached 7.2 today in Locksbottom area.

As others have said it looks like a nice weekend for ducks and Once the rain starts late Saturday afternoon then that’s it till 6pm Sunday with over an inch forecast for many in the SE THREAD☔

Posted

Looks like another intense area of low pressure might impact the SE in the slightest.

This looks almost identical to the satellite image I posted on here yesterday!

low.png

Posted

should go to storm dennis  page  on there they are saying this is go to be bigger then lastweek end  storm

Posted

I woke up to this today!

IMG_0678[1].JPG

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Yes, it was a lovely sunrise here in Suffolk as well this morning.

246868503_Sunrise214Feb.thumb.jpg.0ae36d90ccef6a8ad8c703c9e878b2aa.jpg

This wind gust chart for East Anglia a great way of showing the forecast period of strongest winds expected this weekend from Storm Dennis. Saturday and Sunday will see a lengthy period of winds gusting around 50 - 55mph here.

733463533_EADennisGustsForecast.thumb.jpg.0ec73a6b852156e677fa195d865a635f.jpg

Chart courtesy of Dan Holley, Weatherquest. Twitter @danholley_

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Yup, it was a gorgeous sunrise up here in the hills of Eastbourne too. I have stopped taking photos of amazing looking skies/weather phenomena  as what looks amazing to my eyes always looks crap from my phone

• Like 4

Posted

Morning all,

And a Happy, albeit snowless, Valentine's Day to all the female Members of the S.E.Thread.

You'll be pleased to hear, I remembered a Card for "Septic" (Wife Colette).

Poor thing went off to work at 6.15, for her early Morning shift. I've given her strict instructions, not to work on this Afternoon. Likewise Tomorrow, she has an early Morning shift but Tomorrow is our 10th Wedding Anniversary, evidently our Diamond Anniversary but I can't afford a Diamond, so I've bought her a humungous box of Chocolates.

Like my original prediction in snowray's Snow Competition, Colette's choice of Tomorrow, will also bite the dust. And we won't see a repeat of Snow grains on our Wedding Day, as we saw outside Sidcup Registry Office, in 2010.

I hope this is ok with Malcolm but I do need to return to my Weather predicting Competition, briefly.

As I stated a few Days ago, I have carried forward those Members predictions (post 20th Feb), to my new Weather predicting Competition but the great majority of you, have only predicted Category 1 (next date of settling Snow), there are another 3 Categories.

Category 2 - Predict the exact and final date, of the last named North Atlantic Storm, and it's name, to enter the Shipping Forecast area. The name of the Shipping area, it first enters and its central Barometric Pressure, at that time.

Category 3 - Predict the exact Date and Temperature (to the nearest degree Celsius), of the last AIR Frost of the Season. 

Category 4:- Predict the FIRST Date that 21c (70f), is recorded in the South East Region.

The following S.E. Members need to complete all these Categories, if they're going to have a chance of winning a wonderful, "Virtual" Prize:

Chertseystreamer79, classylady, Jimmyh, Sleety, snowray, Stainesbloke, Steve Murr and Mark Wheeler.

The following Members need to complete Category 2, with their prediction of the date and central pressure of the last named Storm, when it enters the Shipping Forecast areas, at that time:

Claret047, Kentspur, Lewis028, Lottiekent  and John Stevens.

Don't worry, if you're not considering to continue, in my Competition. But if you do, could you please Post your predictions, on my Competition Thread, in the Lounge Forum. Thank you.

Sorry to be so fastidious but it's a legacy of working for a Bookmaker, where ambiguity is a Bookmaker's enemy and a Punter's friend.

A few Years before I became to ill to work, I was given the task of rewriting our Betting Rule Book and I'm sure Lassie (a much valued Patron of my Horse Racing Competitions), will confirm that I'm a "stickler" for Rules and Entry deadlines!! I've always felt that if you're going to do something, do it properly. :oldgood:

Myself and Colette were quite alarmed, when a couple of Days ago we went to collect my B.P. medication from a Chemist in Chislehurst, to find the counter awash with Face Masks. Especially, as Colette has experienced a tight chest and cold type symptoms, along with myself in the past few Days.

But coming into contact with a myriad of viruses, is one of the "hazards" of working in the Care Industry, for which employees are paid, a pathetic pittance. Colette is still waiting for her amazingly generous Christmas Box of, wait for it...……. a  £5 Amazon Gift Voucher!! :oldangry: Shame on you BUPA ( a multi-million £ Company). 

I count myself very fortunate and a bit of a fraud, for along with my Children (who also worked with me), received 10% of our Gross Annual Income (after Tax/N.I.), if Results from a Bookmaking POV, had been favourable. Which was a hell of a lot more than BUPA's pathetic offer!!

Looks like our planned Joint Anniversary/ 72nd Birthday meal with my eldest Sister, will have to be postponed, to a later Date. :oldangry: So, snowray no meal at Studio Gusto in Bromley. or a Joe Green (Giuseppe Verdi) Opera.

I admit to doing something very un-Italian the other Day, sprinkling Worcester Sauce on my Wife's delicious Lasagna. That's as bad as having, Lasagna and Chips!!

Apologies to Malcolm but one last bit of "Tomfoolery" from me, before I depart to other Threads.

As well as celebrating our Wedding Anniversary, we will also be celebrating the 2nd Birthday of our Twins (stay with me and humour me on this). 

The first Twin, Rupert (Ruby), aka Wobbly. He was bought (born), in the Co-Op at Chislehurst, Valentine's Day 2018. He was always very flimsy and fragile. But we were very worried when his head started to come off but Nurse Septic and myself sprang into action. Below are images of Wobbly Pre-Op and Post-Op.

image.thumb.png.7fa5bb726f89e46d7d2cc7ba97c47a5e.png     image.thumb.png.4178fe9ed352480361ea857c5ac66cfa.png  Wobbly in recovery, with one of the medical instruments, behind him.

His Twin Sister, Darcey Bella was bought (born) a Day later, amongst the Chocolates in Sainsburys, in Bromley and evidently, pushed her Twin Brother, out of the womb. Here she is, pictured below:

image.thumb.png.f807d8c4328baff5dce51dad5d678686.png  She is a lot bigger than her Twin and like a lot of girls, has a craving for chocolate.

Colette was considering getting a Cavalier King Charles Puppy, which Colette had chosen the name Darcey for but we thought with my uneasy balance, could have resulted in my tripping over it. 

Apologies Malcolm but I have been behaving myself lately, re. the zany, O/T  Posts.

Right, enough of my nonsense I'm off to other Threads.

Stay safe and beware of "Dennis the Menace".

Adios!!

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
46 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

Category 2 - Predict the exact and final date, of the last named North Atlantic Storm, and it's name, to enter the Shipping Forecast area. The name of the Shipping area, it first enters and its central Barometric Pressure, at that time.

Category 3 - Predict the exact Date and Temperature (to the nearest degree Celsius), of the last AIR Frost of the Season. 

Category 4:- Predict the FIRST Date that 21c (70f), is recorded in the South East Region.

The following Members need to complete Category 2, with their prediction of the date and central pressure of the last named Storm, when it enters the Shipping Forecast areas, at that time:

Claret047, Kentspur, Lewis028, Lottiekent  and John Stevens.

Don't worry, if you're not considering to continue, in my Competition. But if you do, could you please Post your predictions, on my Competition Thread, in the Lounge Forum. Thank you.

Adios!!

Regards,

Good Morning Tom

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding anniversary.

I noticed that I have not given the temperature for the final air frost nor the central barometric pressure of the last named storm.

I will attempt to add this information over on the Lounge Section.

Enjoy the weekend in spite of Dennis

Kind Regards

Dave

PS I have just visited the Lounge and can find no trace of the competition

Edited by claret047
  • Like 2

Posted

As claret047 pointed out above, my Competition is NOT in the Lounge Forum, it's in the Weather Discussion Forum.

Apologies! :oops:

For those of you wanting to enter the Competition but aren't sure what to do, I recently Posted my Wife's, my Son's and my Predictions, on the Thread. See link below:

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/93240-nw-weather-predicting-competition/

But don't be mad and copy my predictions, I'm the worst "Judge" of all!!

Regards,

Posted

Alert: As Storm Dennis approaches the UK out in the Atlantic, 65 foot waves are being generated right now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 hours ago, Mal Kapadia said:

A few people saying this will be worse than last weekend. Any thoughts on that?

It doesn’t look quite as severe as Ciara but will still be a significant storm. Looks like the rain will be more of an issue than the wind in our region but will still be very windy, especially if we get any squall lines.

• Like 3

Posted

they shuting  our main bridge  here  in ipswich  at 3  this afternoon for at least  16 hours

Edited by tinybill