Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Brother of Ciara, "Dennis the Menace" still on course for Sunday, into Monday.

UKMO 00z (t120)                                           GFS 00z (t114)

image.thumb.png.1b3834b1c990a2257038fc6fca9431a3.png      image.thumb.png.68029901c6cb79b6ba41c098dd5ae25c.png

It then looks like some respite from this incessant, stormy spell of Weather, especially "darn sarff", as High Pressure starts to become more influential with the Jet Stream and attendant deep Lows, tracking further North.

ICON 00z (t168)                                             GFS 00z (t240)

image.thumb.png.49fb4f1197bd54d91eaa34e325364a39.png     image.thumb.png.b64f33ed77524eea5da5653070d2538c.png

Still nothing remotely Wintry showing up then, further out. Over to you, ECM.

I need to go out this Morning but on my return will hopefully have news from Malcolm, regarding opening a Thread in the Winter Discussion area, for my prediction Competition and relieving the pressure on the South East Thread,

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Just coming back from a snowless break in York the best they managed were sleet showers yesterday how typical yet driving south I saw patches of snow in the shade in Southern Lincolnshire.

Just noticed your competition I'm going to go for-

CATEGORY 1: (next date of "Settling Snow, in the S.E.Region) - No settling snow only sleety stuff for the remainder of winter/ early spring

CAREGORY 2: ( exact date and name of last named Storm to enter Shipping Forecast area) - March 21st storm Gabrielle

CATEGORY 3: (exact date/Temp. to nearest degree Celsius, of last AIR Frost of the Season, in S.E.Region) -0.2, 6th April

CATEGORY 4: (exact date that 21c (70f) is first recorded, in the S.E.Region) -  28th March

Kentspur

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Oh well at least the wind was cold this morning.

back to mild, windy and wet and 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

Brother of Ciara, "Dennis the Menace" still on course for Sunday, into Monday.

UKMO 00z (t120)                                           GFS 00z (t114)

image.thumb.png.1b3834b1c990a2257038fc6fca9431a3.png      image.thumb.png.68029901c6cb79b6ba41c098dd5ae25c.png

It then looks like some respite from this incessant, stormy spell of Weather, especially "darn sarff", as High Pressure starts to become more influential with the Jet Stream and attendant deep Lows, tracking further North.

ICON 00z (t168)                                             GFS 00z (t240)

image.thumb.png.49fb4f1197bd54d91eaa34e325364a39.png     image.thumb.png.b64f33ed77524eea5da5653070d2538c.png

Still nothing remotely Wintry showing up then, further out. Over to you, ECM.

I need to go out this Morning but on my return will hopefully have news from Malcolm, regarding opening a Thread in the Winter Discussion area, for my prediction Competition and relieving the pressure on the South East Thread,

Regards,

I have received a PM from Malcolm (Blessed Weather), which I will Post about later on Today.

Now off to have my Afternoon nap.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Look at that low lurking in the darkness... 

front.png

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
12 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Look at that low lurking in the darkness... 

front.png

A rinse and repeat on the cards, then potentially Storm Ellen after!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine

Hi all, 

I’m meant to being travelling this weekend, I’m not sure if it would be easier to go by car or train. Either way I think the journey is going to be delayed. 

Is Storm Dennis on track to hit Surrey & Hampshire on Saturday or Sunday as predicted? 

Posted

Evening all,

I have received a PM from Malcolm (Blessed Weather), with instruction from Site Owner, Paul. I'm just awaiting further instruction from Malcolm, whether or not I can continue Posting about my Weather predicting Competition on the S.E. Regional Thread, or whether I have to create a separate Thread on the Weather Discussion Area.

There was a little discontent on Monday Night, fortunately fleeting, about the validity of the Result of snowray's Competition.

The problem arose around whether or not North Norfolk could be considered to be part of the S.E.Regional Forum.

Both Paul and Malcom suggested I should clarify, this situation.

Fortunately, I've found an image of the exact boundary extent of our Region. See below:

image.thumb.png.f4adf2548232fff2efe8ab16922719b2.png

All those living in the Orange Area, can consider themselves to be South East Regional Members.

In a short while, I will Post up the list of those who have entered the new Competition. More details on that and the Competition, later.

Regards,

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
2 hours ago, 3cats said:

Hi all, 

I’m meant to being travelling this weekend, I’m not sure if it would be easier to go by car or train. Either way I think the journey is going to be delayed. 

Is Storm Dennis on track to hit Surrey & Hampshire on Saturday or Sunday as predicted? 

Working for a train company I can almost guarantee we will be advising passengers not to travel this weekend think of me.on my 12 hour shift outside in the pouring rain tbf the drive to Yorkshire was perfect both legs during storm Ciara and back today were completely trafficless I'd def go for that option the roads were absolutely dead surprisingly just a couple fallen trees and bits of debris

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 2

Posted

I have recently received a PM from Malcolm (Blessed Weather) with instruction from Site Owner Paul.

Paul would like me to open a Thread in the Weather Discussion area, for my Weather predicting Competition.

This will prevent my Competition "stuff", clogging up the S.E.Thread.

Therefore, from now on, will any S.E.Member wishing to enter, please Post their predictions on the new Thread.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Euro 4 for overnight- Seems a bit OTT if you ask me

032BCE4F-9973-4EAB-B104-9891198C8BF5.thumb.png.d671cc3169013dbcda4b6e4e1d28b276.png

Temp 4.5C here

Euro 4 has a tendency to overdo snow risk Steve, better off with the wrf nmm 2km

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

All hail the might hail, just absolutely hammered down with hail stones here, they remind me of those yummy sugar crystals on my favourite bath buns!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

It is hammering it down here in Rye. I don’t care now (I do really) if we don’t get snow this year, I would much rather have a warm spring than wet and windy. These storms are really irritating me to. I really don’t like the cold at all, it goes through to my bones and the fact I have to lug a coat about just irritates me even more. I’m done with getting soaking wet through all the time.  I think I shall be having a strong word with Dennis when he arrives over the weekend  He and his friends just need to leave us alone now.

• Like 2

Posted

little  bit wild  out side  and this  before  mr dennis  arr

Posted

Morning all,

This will be the final Post I make regarding my Weather Predicting Competition, on the S.E.Regional Thread.

Below, is a list of Members who registered predictions in snowray's, "Settling Snow" Competition. I've carried forward your predictions into my new Competition. This means the majority of you will have only made a prediction in Category 1: (next date of "Settling Snow, in the S.E.Region). If you would like to be entered into my new Competition and indeed,  to have a chance of winning it, you will also have to make predictions for Categories 2, 3, 4.  To view details of these Categories, they are contained in a Post I made on Tuesday Morning. Those Members who have already made predictions in all 4 Categories, are highlighted in RED and CAPITALS, below: 

NW Weather Predicting Competition

Katrine Basso, Bazza118, Bluebell, CLARET047, Classylady, General Custer, Daniel, Darkcloud, Donna Thw, 

Froze Were The Days, Senlac Jack, KIRKCALDY WEATHER, Lassie23, Lauren, Lottiekent, Steve Murr, Snow Queen One, Septic Peg (Guest, WIFE), Sleety, Snowray, Snowrye, Team Squirrel,  Stainesbloke,

JOHN STEVENS, Timbo, TOMSE12, Mark Wheeler, Pinball Wizard.

**NB** - I've already noted and entered up the predictions of - CHERTSEYSTREAMER79, KENTSPUR and LEWIS028. These Members weren't in snowray's, original Competition.

Those Members above wishing to complete their Entry and any other Member wishing to enter, please Post up your predictions on the NW Weather Predicting Competition Thread, in the Weather Discussion Forum. See link below:

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 3

Posted

Morning Tom

I have just submitted my entry! At least, I think I have as can’t see the entries of the above highlighted people? 

Horrible here overnight, woken frequently by the rain against the window. Wasn’t expecting it but then again I didn’t get around to looking at the forecast at all yesterday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

The band of rain (previously a squall line) passed my area at around 5 in the morning and I woke up to this!

IMG_0664[1].JPG

IMG_0665[1].JPG

• Like 4

Posted

Pretty impressive amount of rain last night again. 10.9mm. Certainly turning out to be a very wet winter. If we can't have it cold and snowy then we might aswell get some benefits from it. 

Currently 6c and cloudy in SW19. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

mild and windy. A small, decaying shower complete with lines of white virga dropped it's load of a few drops of rain. I came home sweating in my trackie bottoms and hoodie. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I see on the isle of wight facebook page, there mentioning the possibility of a tornado hitting during the night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Never expected this lot, very heavy rain moving east and hugging the Thames Estuary to the south, now clipping South Essex too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

more unnecessary heavy rain here, when are we finally going to have a period of dry and clear weather