Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Can anyone give me a forecast for this weekend? Or post any models as I'm supposed to be visiting a historical place in kent 

Thank you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Quote - General Custer:

"And, if you do you notice anything suspicious, remember to call Whitehall 1212!"

Very good Pete. 

I'd like to share a little anecdote about Police 5, and Shaw Taylor.

Back in the late '70's and early '80's, I worked for a Credit Bookmaker in East Dulwich, S.E.London.

A colleague of mine started to mix socially, with some petty thieves and became a "fence", for them. A "middleman" between these individuals and prospective buyers, of stolen goods.

One Morning, after the previous Night's Police 5 programme,  I was looking for a Client's File, in a Filing Cabinet. Lo and behold there was a stack of Jumpers, pristine and unopened in their wrapping. I recognised them from that Police 5 programme. They had "fallen off the back", of a Royal Mail Van. 

My colleague, who was also a mate, became more and more involved with these individuals and started handling stolen jewellery, as well. One Morning I found a Cricket Ball that had been used in one of the first Ashes Cricket Matches, between Australia and England, that had been stolen from the Oval Cricket Ground, a few miles down the Road.

Although this colleague was also a friend, I didn't want to get involved in this "dodgy" stuff as I had a young Family, that I was responsible for. Ironically, this individual set me up on a Date with a Female colleague of ours, who later became my first Wife. 

He also happened to be the funniest guy I've ever worked with and had a spontaneous, zany wit about him. One Day he phoned the Russian Embassy, during our Lunch Break, and asked if LEN was IN, or was he out. I don't think the Russian Receptionist found it amusing though. Another time a Female colleague of ours came back from her Lunch Break with some Kentucky Fried Chicken, that hadn't been cooked properly and was oozing blood. My friend/colleague promptly got on the Phone to K.F.C's Head Office and asked to be speak to Colonel Sanders,if he was there. But if he was out shooting Poultry, he'd call back another time.

A natural Comedian and I have some wonderful memories, of those times, in East Dulwich.

To keep it "weather related", I experienced the Channel Low blizzard of  30th/31st December 1978, with this guy. What a Night, that was!!

image.thumb.png.4e02a04119441857aa68047eb93fb2cb.png

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

A bit late but I've two possible dates lol, basically because I've important appointments in Canterbury on those days, and something is bound to go wrong yet again. 26 Feb and the 4th March lol. 

Hi alex, you can only have one date? Which one is it going to be?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
41 minutes ago, snowray said:

Met Office now have a few sleet and snow symbols up for our region for later on today and also for tonight. GFS actually shows the chance of some settling snow to the south of London, this would also correspond with a batch of snow showers that the Met Office are forecasting.

15-574UK.gif

15-780UK.gif

Probably all rain for me, Dover coast, though I will look and see if I can see any white bits in the rain. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowray said:

Hi alex, you can only have one date? Which one is it going to be?

If your sure I'll go with the 4th I think. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
5 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

If your sure I'll go with the 4th I think. 

I'll put you down for 4th of March as a late entry. I'm starting to think that March now has more chance of seeing snow than February, as a few have suggested already I would not be surprised even if we saw a white Easter this year.

Your penalty is that It must snow and settle somewhere in our region on that date to win the competition or at your location one day either side (3rd-5th March). I'm not sure if Tom will allow any bets now though?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Posted in the Mad thread . From the Euro 4

B93E01C3-74C4-4ED6-9071-433816314A56.png

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Surely no chance of snow for our region? Dew points above 0 and temps approaching 10 degrees in the sun! Winds also too strong for evap cooling. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

8c. why on earth is it 8c? why. I have a juicy area of cloud heading to me. The wind was cold this morning. It still just rained.

C'mon.

• Like 1

Posted

It's 10c at Heathrow, but currently snowing in North Wales and parts of Cheshire with temps of 1-3c. The colder air is digging in from the NW behind the cold front that you can see on this fax chart out to the west of the UK. What we have now over us is the warm front associated with that little trough, everything will shift east/southeast later on today.

fax0s.thumb.gif.60484df7b1c9c3bc4f61b807061a70b5.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
13 minutes ago, snowray said:

It's 10c at Heathrow, but currently snowing in North Wales and parts of Cheshire with temps of 1-3c. The colder air is digging in from the NW behind the cold front that you can see on this fax chart out to the west of the UK. What we have now over us is the warm front associated with that little trough, everything will shift east/southeast later on today.

fax0s.thumb.gif.60484df7b1c9c3bc4f61b807061a70b5.gif

Even so, snow is mostly falling to high ground in those regions. We might get sleet or hail at best in the SE - and that's if there's still precipitation tonight. Netwx-SR model suggests v little by the time the cold air comes.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Stabilo19 said:

Even so, snow is mostly falling to high ground in those regions. We might get sleet or hail at best in the SE - and that's if there's still precipitation tonight. Netwx-SR model suggests v little by the time the cold air comes.

Reports of snowfall at around 80m so not super high ground. Agree that this evenings showers will be our best chance in the SE.

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, snowray said:

Reports of snowfall at around 80m so not super high ground. Agree that this evenings showers will be our best chance in the SE.

Hi Snowray, looking at the radar, it seems to be turning more and more wintry, looks like i could be in with a good chance in our competition this evening , hope you have the chocolate ready lol.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Be careful under these showers wow they are mixing down some really strong gusts of wind.. Maybe 45-50mph!

Don't need showers for that here, wonder what gusts will mix down for us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snowray said:

Met Office now have a few sleet and snow symbols up for our region for later on today and also for tonight. GFS actually shows the chance of some settling snow to the south of London, this would also correspond with a batch of snow showers that the Met Office are forecasting.

15-574UK.gif

15-780UK.gif

Yeeesss The Kent Downs massive

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Hi Snowray, looking at the radar, it seems to be turning more and more wintry, looks like i could be in with a good chance in our competition this evening , hope you have the chocolate ready lol.

Heavy settling snow now falling in the Midlands, around Stoke on Trent there are reports of a couple of cm already. Never know Timbo, I have the chocolate all wrapped up here for you, should you be lucky enough to win. There's about a 24 hour window for us in the SE from this afternoon. Good luck.:oldgood:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters
15 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Be careful under these showers wow they are mixing down some really strong gusts of wind.. Maybe 45-50mph!

My patio chairs have been blown over again so can confirm that there are some decent gusts in these squally showers!

Posted
5 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Yeeesss The Kent Downs massive

Looking forward to some pictures later on Steve should you get lucky up there on Kent's Matterhorn.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Soaking rain here past hour. Slightly clearer weather passing over. 
5c under the rain and already back up to 7c now. 

Windy yes. But nothing unusual. 

Posted

Just blustery gusts here atm. Got a few chances of some heavy showers but they seem to be breaking up atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Blimey it’s blowing an absolute Hooley out there at the moment and that’s for the last 20mins . A little drizzle with it and fast clouds zipping across the darkened sky .

• Like 1