Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Yawn.....today was just a regular windy day here like we previously had in the 90/00s. The last few winters have not been particularly stormy and made everyone a little soft. 

Having faced the brunt of the 97 Christmas Eve storm when I lived in North Wales, this was just a breeze. We don't even have any felled wheelie bins here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

That another low forming

Screenshot_20200209-183222.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Here comes Dennis!!

image.thumb.png.20a64955fdb5fdac834191ccfada98c6.png

No doubt, waiting in the wings will be Ellen......and then Francis.

Someone turn the conveyor belt off, for gawd sake!!

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
1 hour ago, snowrye said:

Think he was found alive down by pett level

That's quite some distance from where he started from then. Glad there was a good outcome but seriously, wtf was he thinking trying to surf in that ?  I'll post a picture of him later when Iv'e gone through all my photos.

Posted
1 hour ago, snowrye said:

Think he was found alive down by pett level

That's quite some distance from where he started from then. Glad there was a good outcome but seriously, wtf was he thinking trying to surf in that ?  I'll post a picture of him later when Iv'e gone through all my photos.

Edited by SenlacJack
Deleted as double post

Posted
19 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

Video if him in the sea struggling.

What a bonehead 

WWW.THEARGUS.CO.UK

A SURFER who sparked a dangerous rescue mission has been slammed for being in the sea.

Lifeboat nearly capsizes

Edited by OddSpot

Posted

Torrential rain here now in St Leonards on Sea as another squall line passes through.

The Herstmonceux anenometer seems to be up and running again and has recorded gusts of 50mph or more every hour since 8am this morning. The highest recorded so far at that site was 104kph (65mph) as the first squall line passed through. Quite impressive for an inland site, and it was undoubtably windier here on the coast.

• Like 2

Posted

Squall line just passed, lots of torrential rain, but nothing noticeable in the strength of the wind, probably owing to it not moving much for a while

• Like 1

Posted

This is the moron who sparked a big rescue operation here in Hastings this afternoon. I hope he makes a big donation to the RNLI. 

He wasn't the only idiot though, I saw several families wheeling their tots in pushchairs right up to the waters edge, many of them getting drenched by big waves, waves which are filled with large pebbles. I saw at least 4 people get flattened and almost dragged into the sea whilst I was there. 

IMG_20200209_110826.jpg

IMG_20200209_173802.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Shocking, what goes through people's minds at times

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Well as we head into the last stage of Winter, not one flake of Snow. The local farmers must have known, as they did not put up the Snow fences, to protect the main road from snow drifts this year, first time ever. Wind is easing now. The temps still fairly mild. Good Health to you all.

Posted
15 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

This is the moron who sparked a big rescue operation here in Hastings this afternoon. I hope he makes a big donation to the RNLI. 

He wasn't the only idiot though, I saw several families wheeling their tots in pushchairs right up to the waters edge, many of them getting drenched by big waves, waves which are filled with large pebbles. I saw at least 4 people get flattened and almost dragged into the sea whilst I was there. 

IMG_20200209_110826.jpg

IMG_20200209_173802.jpg

Thanks for you photo and eyewitness account!  Those  parents are foolish as well!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Here comes Dennis!!

image.thumb.png.20a64955fdb5fdac834191ccfada98c6.png

No doubt, waiting in the wings will be Ellen......and then Francis.

Someone turn the conveyor belt off, for gawd sake!!

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Totally agree Tom!...has anybody counted how many depressions have formed in the North Atlantic since the beginning of December? (not just with the silly names) has to be around 30 I would imagine, can't remember a winter like this for cyclogenesis. 

• Like 4

Posted

2 substantial storms. 23rd December and valentines day. That winter I had over 130 email warnings from met o for wind and rain

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Once Ciara, Dennis and possibly Ellen are out the way, the 12z Model Runs (that go that far out) seemingly want to quieten things down:  

ECM (t216) 18th FEB                                      GFS (t216) 18th FEB

image.thumb.png.98838e73d694a7cb51dc9af19e9bc2c8.png        image.thumb.png.24948a6cda5f609500753395085b571c.png

The Jet Stream looks to take a trip North, as High Pressure starts to build in from the South.

QUOTE - Mark Wheeler:

"An opportunity to win the snow cup tonight for some"

GFS PPN (t30) 10th FEB

image.thumb.png.1152d51e7505cf8319506d33a2f37d14.png

Still think TIMBO has a chance to claim victory with some "neige" (green hatched area) showing up close to our Region, late Tomorrow Afternoon/early Evening.

Thereafter, I'm struggling to see where our Snow chances are going to come from?

I really can't have a complete Snowless Winter, on my mind!!  :nonono:

Surely, somewhere in our Region will receive at least a slight dusting of Snow, in the next few Weeks.

Having seen Tonight's Model Runs, I would make those Entrants who predicted a Date in the last third of February, in the "Settling Snow" Cup, Favourites now. 

Ray (snowray), I hope you're preparing your Tie-Break question,

"Septic" has had a Chicken Casserole bubbling away in a Slow Cooker for a couple of hours now, and I'm off to "fill my boots", with it.!! :gathering: 

Hope you all enjoy your Evenings, at least it's a lot quieter out there now.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

image.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
4 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

Froze 13/14 winter in my eyes was as bad if not worse 

Certainly a wetter winter 2013/14 and slightly cooler with slightly more frosts and some of them being the air variety (here anyway)...comparing the other day!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Overall this was a very worthwhile event for Bexhill; Lovely slate-grey crashing seascapes earlier, and wind gusts at around 14:00 in excess of 70-75mph at one particular point! 

The noise at that stage was very eerie... A long, continuous whistle, with deep roars in mixed in with the ferocious gusts. The trees beside my garden were mercilessly thrashed around at times. My garden’s fence was partially destroyed. 

I especially enjoyed the walk on the seafront, where I struggled up Galley Hill. The rain felt like sand grains against my numb face. It really brought me back to the winter of 2013-14, when I was around 11. My dad took as for a walk along Hastings seafront during a deep storm. It was the kind of wind in which you struggle to keep your footing in.

I hope everyone has had a good day, and has a good evening!  At least this event gives this Winter something interesting for me to look back upon...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

The wind here in the Surrey Hills has suddenly picked up again... wasn’t expecting that...

On a completely non-weather related subject  that might be of interest to some....

As a sufferer if psoriasis I’ve found that eating white bread is not a good idea... however, eating wholemeal with seeds in actually helps the condition. After many months of trying the many different brands/ fresh baked in store I can safely say that Sainsbury’s Harvest Grain store baked definitely helps and is the best no matter which store you get it from.... is also consistently tasty bread!! Is also the only one that seems to alleviate my psoriasis, in conjunction with other things like cod liver oil tablets containing multi vitamins....

Anyway, sorry for the vastly off topic contribution 

• Like 3