Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
23 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Hastings. Honestly, people who go out surfing in a storm and therefore put others lives as risk should be prosecuted, imo.

I'm just back from a tour around my favoured spots in Hastings, St Leonards on Sea and Bexhill and watched this drama unfold just a few yards from from where I sat in my car.

The moron was surfing at Rock a Nore, a regular spot for experienced surfers when the waves are favourable as it is partly sheltered by a jetty type feature but today the waves were totally unsuitable for surfing.  i have a couple of photo's of him as he clambered onto the car park several times holding his surfboard before going back into the water again.

After several attempts he was parted from his surfboard and for what seemed like an eternity was attempting to swim back and forth ( but bizzarely not back to shore ). The Coastguards were called and duly arrived along with the Fire Brigade and Police.

By then the guy had been in the water without his surfboard for about 15-20 minutes but I couldn't see him. I stayed there for almost an hour, not as a morbid onlooker I hasten to add, by now the emergency services were a couple of hundred yards away from my location. By the time I left there was no sign of the lifeboat which surprised me at the time because the lifeboat station is probably no more than 3-400 yards away. I have no idea what the eventual outcome was but having watched that video I am glad the RNLI are my nominated charity of choice.

I may post some photos I took on my tour around the area later on this evening, along with some more stories about some of the brain dead muppets I witnessed on the seafront today.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Currently the heaviest rain weve had so far  - canvey island 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Winds have died down now. 

So it's safe to say the met office were on the ball and a lot of the modelling was OTT for the London area.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I'm not sure it's quite over yet, but the strong winds might be for most, seems to be another squall running down, may be anyone who didn't get much from this one might get that. Also showers building in between, sought of like what happened between the first squall and this one. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring

Think its gone through Sevenoaks, loads of rain and strong gusts. Lasted about 5 mins 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
20 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

I'm just back from a tour around my favoured spots in Hastings, St Leonards on Sea and Bexhill and watched this drama unfold just a few yards from from where I sat in my car.

The moron was surfing at Rock a Nore, a regular spot for experienced surfers when the waves are favourable as it is partly sheltered by a jetty type feature but today the waves were totally unsuitable for surfing.  i have a couple of photo's of him as he clambered onto the car park several times holding his surfboard before going back into the water again.

After several attempts he was parted from his surfboard and for what seemed like an eternity was attempting to swim back and forth ( but bizzarely not back to shore ). The Coastguards were called and duly arrived along with the Fire Brigade and Police.

By then the guy had been in the water without his surfboard for about 15-20 minutes but I couldn't see him. I stayed there for almost an hour, not as a morbid onlooker I hasten to add, by now the emergency services were a couple of hundred yards away from my location. By the time I left there was no sign of the lifeboat which surprised me at the time because the lifeboat station is probably no more than 3-400 yards away. I have no idea what the eventual outcome was but having watched that video I am glad the RNLI are my nominated charity of choice.

I may post some photos I took on my tour around the area later on this evening, along with some more stories about some of the brain dead muppets I witnessed on the seafront today.

Think he was found alive down by pett level

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Absolutely hammering it down, think the squall is starting.

Posted

Thames Barrier set to close tomorrow to protect London from flooding

Edited by yamkin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
28 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

Makes you wonder what happened to these idiot's sense of self preservation. 

As regards the squall line, it weakened in the sector I was under as it approached.  Still has very squally winds and exceptionally heavy storm rain, though.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman

Posted

Got very gusty here in Dover, not sure for how long as squall is avoiding us at present, perhaps it should just come down now, to ease things. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Lol

Why the Lol?   Storm surge combined with high tides.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Lol

Storm is in north sea now plus high tides, may be expecting storm surge. 

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
9 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Storm is in north sea now plus high tides, may be expecting storm surge. 

Hope someone shuts the flood gates around the island too 

• Like 1

Posted

98mph Gust from somewhere, still ahead of the squall which if anything is pulling away from here slightly. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Seems to have been a change in direction then, been waiting for the squall line, but it seems to be moving in an easterly direction now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Today’s weather here is Windy and wet . I opened the store at 6am today and it took 30 mins to clear up the damage during the night . Will have it all to do again tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
4 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

image.thumb.png.eeb1de3a2a99eb9d4a4dda80037c719a.png

A Trampoline was blown on to the Railway, between Chelsfield (near Orpington) and Sevenoaks.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Frustrated at missing connection, South Eastern commuter completes his journey in a unique way!!

Of course, a few miles further down the Line towards Sevenoaks is the quaintly named, Bat and Ball Station.

image.thumb.png.a3ab232da2a69a6f927e343b152f50ba.png

Today's Trampoline episode, turned out to be a marketing ploy by Southern Region to advertise their decision to rename ALL their Stations, after Garden accessories.

Whatever next? All Stations to Paddling Pool!!

Meanwhile, second squall line was very lively and went through after Nurse Septic, had just finished giving me a shower. Had it been Summer, would've stood out in it, to save on the "leccy"

Poor Colette, bit of a "Busman's Holiday" for her, on her Day off from the Residential Care Home.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 4

Posted

That rain band over us seems to be widening and intensifying .

39C2373B-F7EE-48A5-ACCC-508B8C39AC1E.png

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

We just had the strongest wind gust of the entire storm so far in Bexhill, completely out of nowhere! Really bent and whipped all the trees, and I heard something crash in the distance. I assumed the peak had already passed? I’m not complaining though!

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 2

Posted

An opportunity to win the snow cup tonight for some

5A80A236-2DB1-42D0-A70B-815428ECDCA6.jpeg

18F8E0F3-B215-4058-8597-B0626AFC1241.jpeg

AE8E5427-4B7D-4E7B-A7F6-B8D689ABAE5B.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Really intense squall passing threw at the moment. Extremely gusty at times, reminds me of those scenes in hurricanes I watch on you tube 

• Like 3