Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
35 minutes ago, Mabel said:

Hello everyone!

Today seems like a good day to join a weather forum. It is already very, very windy here, I'd already lost two roof slates and an old fence panel by 07.30hrs, not looking forward to the rest of the day. I'm near Wisbech, North Cambs.

Welcome. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Squall line looks a bit ragged - signs of LEWP now? Or just fizzling out?

LEWP.thumb.png.11465c3b3d1aea2bffb90670a85ace19.png

Edited by Stabilo19

Posted

Winds not as powerful now a slight lull filling in it seems, nothing too different from a usual bad winter storm yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Latest wind gust for EA as of 10.10, 

A84B7E81-092B-4119-BDC5-660A54929520.png

Posted
16 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Left and the back unless stated in your deeds.. 

Concrete post on my fence snapped at the base just a second ago really strong winds now 

IMG_20200209_100447.thumb.jpg.b2be8c8193ed1303b0ee1f2949f12307.jpg

Not necessarily right but deeds should show responsibility.  Boundary disputes can be a nightmare. For example if the owner of the fence doesn’t repair it and you put up a replacement. Some times that is the only option with an uncooperative neighbour. 

General rule with a close boarded fence is you drive the nails into your property. But who wants look at the backside of a fence if you have paid for it?  Of course with woven panels there is no back and front. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all.

Yes, a really lively overnight period, with wheelie bins being tossed about and our door knocker banging.

I'm pleased to announce that the Member from outside our Region, took up local Meteorologist Ian Currie's amazing offer and for his £15, received the following publications:

image.png.ce486caa701dac7d6004fc0ce87acf44.pngplus   image.png.bfcc046226a66383d0db5009af0f57bc.pngplus a copy of Mr.Currie's Quarterly Magazine -      

image.thumb.png.1ee73cfae2cfefc28ad0755e223bd633.png     The true value of all these, would be £30+.

This offer is also open to S.E.Regional Members and if you'd like to replace the Hants Book with a copy of the Kent book: 

image.png.79c4af05e2652773783b89c7c9beb844.png  or possibly - image.png.012bb86c43dcedfb644d37f7d5275e86.png 

The County Weather Book series, are now out of print but Ian may be able to get hold of a copy of the Surrey, version.

If you'd be interested in this amazing offer, please PM me.

I want to reiterate, there is no financial benefit for myself. I class Mr. Currie as a good friend.

Having read all of the above publications, I also feel they are an absolute "must read" for those who want to learn about our Region's, notable historical Weather events,

It was stumbling across the Kent County Weather Book, in my local W.H. Smith's in Bromley, that furthered my interest in Meteorology, back in the 1990's.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi: 

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Posted

Took other half to work a short while ago and drive around the cliffs to look at the sea on the way - not to crashy yet but high tide was an hour away at the time.

Anemometer recorded a gust of 48mph so some strengthening yet to happen.

BDC50747-A72C-494F-8862-E71140458D3C.jpeg

725E69DB-9BA3-4720-A6DC-6B706D0F3CFE.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, SLEETY said:

Really wild here now, car is rocking side to side

When the car is a rockin.......

• Like 1

Posted

Some strong gusts rattling through on and off for the past few hours, with that roar around the house making itself felt every now and then. One fence panel chopped in half so far and a bin over, dog not looking that keen on going out. Waiting to see if that squall line that was posted in the storm thread comes to anything later on - as Chiono commented, that could be nasty.

Husband is hoping his flight takes off this afternoon from Cyprus - the incoming flight from Heathrow took off at 7.30 this morning so he's just waiting to see if it takes off on time for the return journey from Larnaca. Looks like the worst of the winds may have gone through by its planned arrival time in London this afternoon around 6pm.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I like each season to be what it should be. Strong winds scare me.

There are trees down in the town blocking the main road. Just charging my phones etc in case of a power cut later on. Finger crossed my chimney and shed roof stays put.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Does anyone know roughly what time the winds are supposed to be at their worst?? It’s rough here but I think I was expecting worse. Our house has very good double glazing which is helping I think I keep seeing people walk along the the harbour bank being blown backwards. Does anyone have any wind speeds for the se coast I can’t find any. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
3 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Does anyone know roughly what time the winds are supposed to be at their worst?? It’s rough here but I think I was expecting worse. Our house has very good double glazing which is helping I think I keep seeing people walk along the the harbour bank being blown backwards. Does anyone have any wind speeds for the se coast I can’t find any. 

https://twitter.com/danholley_/status/1226451523036733441

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Windy but not excessively so...had a gust to 42mph here, seen no damage other than wheely bins tipped over.

Posted

Yeah nothing too out of the ordinary yet, guessing that will change however. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Average 33mph currently with max gust at 61mph. Couple of trees down but not too bad