Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Given that the amber warning only kicked in at 8am and that the strongest winds aren’t forecasted until early afternoon, I think we can safely say that we’re in for a wild day. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow , Extreme weather events

To my untrained ? it looks as though the trajectory of the storm has shifted 100 miles further north than expected and so doubtful now that we’ll see wind gusts much above 50-55 mph in London area which is fairly unremarkable (at least when compared to the 60-70mph gusts inland that had been projected under the amber warning )

Posted

dont  know what the gfs  been drinking on the pub run  but there certain  some very interesting  weather coming for the next few  days!!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Not seeing anything to suggest any changes. The worst of the winds across southern Britain will likely be later this afternoon with a squall line expected to move through. Expecting sporadic 70-75mph gusts inland between 15:00 and 18:00.

This is the latest from Nick L in the storm thread having looked at the latest data from the UKV. No suggestion of a change in the track of the storm. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
10 minutes ago, Snow Shoes said:

To my untrained ? it looks as though the trajectory of the storm has shifted 100 miles further north than expected and so doubtful now that we’ll see wind gusts much above 50-55 mph in London area which is fairly unremarkable (at least when compared to the 60-70mph gusts inland that had been projected under the amber warning )

Have you any evidence to back that up ? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring

Just been out to walk the dog, memories of when I lived in Islay came flooding back. Rain coming at you horizontally and gusts that actually move you  ?

Edited by Oaks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Morning all. Have to say it's not as windy as I thought it would be but just had a seriously strong gust out of nowhere thats blown one of our wheelie bins into the road.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Need to take the dog for a walk today, think I'll go sooner rather than later!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Just started howling round the side of the house, followed by the sound of smashing roof tiles.... Have lost 12 tiles in the past 20mins 

2020-02-09 08.48.55.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
19 minutes ago, Snow Shoes said:

Looks like it's on course to me, amber warnings in force from 9am till 9pm tonight, wind will get stronger, estofex have a level 2 alert issued, rare enough in the summer, let alone winter, expect the winds to get even stronger when a squall line passes through, going to be an interesting day

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
1 hour ago, LightningLover said:

@SenlacJack How is it around Hastings?

Nothing out of the ordinary here so far LL. I was woken around 2.30am by the wind howling but if anything it's eased quite a bit this morning. As others have mentioned though the worst of the weather is not expected to reach us here until later on this afternoon/evening.

Annoyingly the anenometer at Herstmonceux appears to have developed a fault and has stopped recording wind gusts recently. I always use that site to keep records since it's the nearest official weather station to me. ( approx 11 miles ).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny, extremes either side (hot and cold), Thunder Storms

The seas are looking pretty rough on the Eastbourne seafront.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Still nothing out of the ordinary as yet , 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
3 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Please can all posters indicate their location.

Go to your profile at top right of page and add or amend. Thanks. 

And also include it in the actual post, those tablets and mobiles the location doesn't show even if it's set in the profile.

Picking up here in Boxley (Maidstone), Bluebell Hill was moving but slight caution. I expect a few trees will be down around here later.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

About to take dog for walk across Esher Common looks wild out but no too wild yet !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow , Extreme weather events
9 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Have you any evidence to back that up ? 

It was just supposition based on the fact that the main rain area had shifted so far north and also because my met office app has been showing a gradual reduction in peak /mean speeds for today (at least for south-west London ) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

I’m still puzzled about the rain, it was forecast for Norfolk from 5 Am, still looks like a couple hours away 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Gosh, getting really squally here now - my husband picked the wrong moment to take our Cavalier for a walk as a huge gust shook the house and nearly blew them both off their feet. Raining horizontally - definitely not a day to be out (unless you like that sort of thing).

Posted

Radar  saying our weather  will go down hill in a couple of hours

Posted

Wind really picking up in Peterborough now, if the car rocks anymore might get seasick lol, just watched two ducks try to fly over at times they were going backwards