Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
8 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Getting really gusty already, had to shut the window which I hate but the cat was getting spooked at the noise.

So where in our region do we think will get the highest gust? I’d go for Lydd Airport perhaps, or Langdon Bay. 

Could be a number of places along the south coast, the needles isle.of wight seems.favourable, but there's shoreham, beachy head etc etc, may even get a surprise from the forecasted squall lines that estofex are on about, either way, some very lively weather over the next 18hrs or so

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Could be a number of places along the south coast, the needles isle.of wight seems.favourable, but there's shoreham, beachy head etc etc, may even get a surprise from the forecasted squall lines that estofex are on about, either way, some very lively weather over the next 18hrs or so

The Needles has to be right up there surely... but Lydd could run it close.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

The wind has got a lot worse even in the last half a. Hour. Just think we may possibly get 20-30 mph on top of what we have now. Scary thought. I have noticed that the gusts are pretty consistent as well. That’s not good 

Edited by DonnaThw
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
7 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

The wind has got a lot worse even in the last half a. Hour. Just think we may possibly get 20-30 mph on top of what we have now. Scary thought. I have noticed that the gusts are pretty consistent as well. That’s not good 

The gusts are certainly stronger than I was expecting them to be at this time... To think it was nearly calm only 4-5 hours ago!

Edited by LightningLover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
14 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Power cuts reported in Clacton

Already, maybe not wind related. 

Posted

Just had the strongest gust so far here in Bexhill... must have been ~40mph

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 1

Posted

I fell asleep for a couple of hours, but since then, the wind has become far stronger, and the gusts are getting quite wild already... Is it supposed to be this windy at this time?

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
11 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

I fell asleep for a couple of hours, but since then, the wind has become far stronger, and the gusts are getting quite wild already... Is it supposed to be this windy at this time?

I'm in Tunbridge Wells... That's damned windy here... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Did the same lol! Couldn't be waking up at 3am although in the week I'm up by 4am..can hear that sound when you get the bigger gusts around the house... 

Yes most models have us gusting over 50mph by the time we get to 6am.. Can't be far off now.. And to think we might get to 70mph maybe even higher in any squall lines... 

• Like 1

Posted

Almost as if to accompany daybreak, the wind gusts are becoming even stronger.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Feels like its just starting to crank up in the last hour

• Like 1

Posted

@SenlacJack How is it around Hastings?

Posted

Bit blowy out for a quick dog walk this morning, but currently not that bad, assuming it maybe worse for the afternoon stroll. Not raining here yet, which was a bonus. 

• Like 1

Posted

I’m watching our fence get slowly torn apart now... Wild gusts now!

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
8 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

This forecast from Estofex is worth looking at. That seems quite noteworthy for our region.

http://www.estofex.org/

Wow, don’t see that in summer here, let alone winter. Could well be some very severe conditions with any squall lines that develop. Also interesting to read that these lines may reach the Czech Republic by Monday. Here in Prague it has been a beautiful, calm and sunny weekend, it’s currently -2°C with blue skies this morning, the calm before the storm. My Mum in Ashford, Middlesex says that the wind is already crazy there, this morning. 

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Back from a walk with the dog, a bit gusty at times , but nothing major as yet, dry very mild 11c...see what the next few hours bring.

Posted

its  a  bit  windy!!!  but  what happened  to therain!

Posted
5 minutes ago, tinybill said:

Thankful it’s not here.....yet! Just starting to dry out round here, we don’t want any more. 

Posted

Well here in Hooe (2km from pevensey bay) we are the first house on the hill and it’s not more than a blowy day so far. Sustained wind speed of 20mph and a few 30-40mph gusts. Had to retrieve the chimnea cover. 
looking at metoffice forecast things have been tempered back a bit - max wind speed here for lunch time with sustained 37 and gusts of upto 65. Hopefully the trees hold up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
19 minutes ago, tinybill said:

I woke up at 4:30 and could see 'something' blowing in the street lamp. Could tell it's windier but at the moment wouldn't say it's any different to any other wind/rain storm i've experienced. I'm assuming as the main band of rain is up north that's coming down south as all we have here is very light rain.(and a very worried sooty who can't make the windy trees out)

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Wow, don’t see that in summer here, let alone winter. Could well be some very severe conditions with any squall lines that develop. Also interesting to read that these lines may reach the Czech Republic by Monday. Here in Prague it has been a beautiful, calm and sunny weekend, it’s currently -2°C with blue skies this morning, the calm before the storm. My Mum in Ashford, Middlesex says that the wind is already crazy there, this morning. 

Yeah its pretty windy outside now can hear the gusts around the house.. Quite a few squall lines showing up now to and these will enhance the wind gusts I think locally gusting around 54mph

• Like 1