Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

Up early and turned on the TV. The Newspaper Review was on and I was greeted with this. See link below:

JS-COMP-WEATHER-MAP.jpg?strip=all&qualit
WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

ICY temperatures potentially dropping as low as -10C are expected to freeze Britain as cold air coming from Canada is set to bring SNOW across the north of the UK...

"Pest From The West". Bloomin' cheek. I'm sure it was Yours Truly, that "coined that phrase." I used it a couple of Years ago, when it looked a if an unsettled Atlantic pattern would ruin the Summer Holiday Weather. Don't think it materialised, though.

I thought then it would make a catchy "Sun type", headline. Similar to the "Beast From The East." Should have put a patent on it!! And blow me down, up they pop with it. Got to thinking that the Sun, have become the new Daily Mail and that Nathan Rao, has got a job with them. But the article is attributable to someone by the name of Claudia Aoroha. Well Claudia, it seems you've graduated fom the same School of Sensationalist Journalism, as Nathan Rao. What an utter load of "tosh!!" :wallbash:

Off to view the 00z Model Runs. Expecting, the "same old, same old."

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

I did see a gritter this morning but thought it was either A lost or B they took it for a spin to remove the cobwebs

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Had a few showers this morning, sun is peeping out now. Temps 8C. (46F) Will we reach double digits?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some torrential rain here for the last hour, roads flooding

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

It persisted down all night and most of this morning, so that the front footpath is flooded. It's just soaking away slowly now - ready for the next lot?

These dreary grey days make me tired all the time -  tbh I never seem to wake up properly unless I see some sun.

Posted

Afternoon all.

This is my first post of the winter, which unfortunately says it all.

Anyone got any crumbs of excitement yet?....mid Feb freeze up perhaps? 

What an atrocious winter (again) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
On 26/01/2020 at 12:42, TomSE12 said:

Just wanted to Post these Odds up first. The list below and is in Odds and Alphabetical, order. As you can see, it's a very open event, with 12 Co-Favourites, all at 10/1. I've made the Favourites, those predictions between mid to late February. Although we've had some notable Snowfalls in March, the Sun is getting stronger and the Days lengthening, especially towards late Feb/early March. There's no hint from the Forecast Models of anything Wintry soon and even talk on the Stratosphere Thread of an SSW, seems to be muted this Morning.

NETWEATHER S.E.REGION SETTLING SNOW CUP  

BETTING ODDS FOR WINNING PREDICTION 

CATEGORY 1                                 OUTRIGHT WINNER

ENTRANT                            DATE                             ODDS

Bluebell                             23rd FEB                           10/1

Daniel                                15th FEB                           10/1

Lauren                               20th FEB                           10/1

Lottiekent                         16th FEB                            10/1

Septic Peg (Guest)          15th FEB                            10/1

Snow Queen One             24th FEB                           10/1

Snowray                           22nd FEB                           10/1

Stainesbloke                    19th FEB                            10/1

Steve Murr                        14th FEB                            10/1

Team Squirrel                   19th FEB                           10/1

Timbo                                10th FEB                           10/1

TomSE12                          14th FEB                           10/1

Darkcloud                         28th FEB                           14/1                     

Donna Thw                       27th FEB                           14/1

Lassie23                            29th FEB                          14/1

Pinball Wizard                  29th FEB                           14/1

Senlac Jack                       26th FEB                          14/1

Katrine Basso                  31st  JAN                           50/1

Snowrye                           1st    FEB                           50/1

Froze Were The Days      9th   MAR                         100/1

Claret049                           23rd MAR                        250/1

John Stevens                    29th MAR                        250/1

Mark Wheeler                    22nd  MR                        250/1

Bazza118                           10th    AP                        500/1

General Custer                 29th    NV                      1000/1 

ALL QUOTED PLACE TERMS: 1/4 0DDS.       

In a short while, I will Post up my Betting Odds by Region.

Category 2 will feature Members in the Thames North Group. (Members who are located, North of the Thames).

Category 3  will feature Members in the Thames South Group. (Members who are located, South of the Thames).

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:   ❄️☃️?️          

Hello Tom, sorry to throw your odds out....just checked back to make sure it wasn’t my blunder....I had said 29th Feb....fortunately I’ll hopefully be seeing falling and lying snow on the 29th March as well as I’m off to St Moritz on our school skiing holiday...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Hi @TomSE12, I noticed that my prediction says 1st feb on the odds sheet, it should be 1st march, although I do like my 20/1 for the 1st feb lol, great work doing this, hopefully we'll all see some decent snow before winter's end

• Like 1

Posted

Some greens and pinks showing up on the radar over the moors in the southwest I see - along with the usual suspects in Wales, the Pennines and Scotland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Evening all,

QUOTE - JOHN STEVENS

"Hello Tom, sorry to throw your odds out, just checked back to make sure it wasn’t my blunder, I had said 29th Feb."

QUOTE - SNOWRYE:

"Hi @TomSE12, I noticed that my prediction says 1st feb on the odds sheet, it should be 1st march".

:oops:I noticed these mistakes, when going back through the Entries, this Morning. In the Bookmaking Industry, these are known as, palpable errors.

The Betting Odds for the above, should read as follows:

OUTRIGHT WINNER

John Stevens                    29th MAR  29th FEB.   250/1  14/1.

Snowrye                             1st   FEB    1st MAR.     50/1  20/1.

WINNING PREDICTION TO BE MADE BY SOUTH THAMES MEMBER

John Stevens                    29th MAR  29th FEB.     50/1  12/1.

Snowrye                             1st   FEB    1st MAR.     50/1  14/1.

Apologies again!!

If snowray reads this, just want to clarify one point.

For a winning prediction, does it have to Snow and Settle on the predicted Date?

Or will Snow cover from an earlier Snowfall, count?

As I stated in an earlier Post, I'm a "stickler" for Rules, as I'm sure Lassie will confirm!!

Don't have time Tonight to Post up my "Virtual" Wager Selections but will Post them up, in the Morning.

Just want to repeat part of a Post, from Yesterday Afternoon -

QUOTE: 

"I propose that each Entrant should be allocated "Virtual" Stakes of £5, in each Market - OUTRIGHTWINNER, WINNING PREDICTION TO BE MADE BY NORTH THAMES MEMBER, WINNING PREDICTION TO BE MADE BY SOUTH THAMES MEMBER. These "Virtual" Wagers can be placed in the following manner: £5 WIN (on the "nose") or £2.50 EACH WAY.

If you Select WIN only your prediction MUST be the recorded Report of settling Snow in the our Region, on the Day of your Selection. If you Select EACH WAY only, your prediction MUST be a recorded Report of settling Snow within 2 Days either side of the first Date of settling Snow, in our Region. If correct,  you will receive a quarter of the Win Odds. I operate a similar Format, for my Horse Racing Competitions, over on the Lounge Thread.

You can place your "Virtual" Stakes on any Entrant (not just yourself). But I will offer a "Special Concession". Should your Wager be correct, I will double the quoted Odds, should your location also develop, settling Snow."

The Entrant gaining the greatest "Virtual" Returns from these Wagers, will receive the choice of the following Prizes:

1. An all expenses paid "Virtual" Week in the Skiing Resort of your choice plus Skiing Lessons , from a qualified Ski Instructor. 

Or,

2. An expenses paid "Virtual" Week in Lappland, during Christmas 2020. Your accommodation, will be a Log Cabin. You will also experience Reindeer   drawn, Sleigh Rides plus tuition on how to operate a Snowmobile, and of course meet Father Christmas".

I've decided to extend the Entry Deadline for these "Virtual" Wagers, until 9 PM, on WEDS 29th January.

Please Copy/Paste your "Virtual" Wager Selections, into the Boxes provided below. You will find the Betting Odds for Categories 1 and 2, in my Posts made Yesterday Afternoon. Please remember to indicate whether you'd like £5 WIN or £2.50 EACH WAY, for each Selection. Also, if you are fortunate to be the Entrant with the greatest "Virtual" Returns, please indicate with a 1 or 2, which "Virtual" Prize Option, you'd like. You will find a description of the 2 "Virtual" Prizes, highlighted in RED.

Your Selections MUST be Posted on this Thread, by 9 PM, on WEDS 29th January.

To give a lead on how to complete the Selection Chart below, I will Post up my "Virtual" Wager Selections Tomorrow Morning,  after I've viewed the Overnight Model Runs. 

Thank you.

CATEGORY 1 - OUTRIGHT WINNER -                                  

CATEGORY 2 - NORTH THAMES WINNER - 

CATEGORY 3 - SOUTH THAMES WINNER -

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:❄️☃️?️ 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Evening all,

QUOTE - JOHN STEVENS

"Hello Tom, sorry to throw your odds out, just checked back to make sure it wasn’t my blunder, I had said 29th Feb."

QUOTE - SNOWRYE:

"Hi @TomSE12, I noticed that my prediction says 1st feb on the odds sheet, it should be 1st march".

:oops:I noticed these mistakes, when going back through the Entries, this Morning. In the Bookmaking Industry, these are known as, palpable errors.

The Betting Odds for the above, should read as follows:

OUTRIGHT WINNER

John Stevens                    29th MAR  29th FEB.   250/1  14/1.

Snowrye                             1st   FEB    1st MAR.     50/1  20/1.

WINNING PREDICTION TO BE MADE BY SOUTH THAMES MEMBER

John Stevens                    29th MAR  29th FEB.     50/1  12/1.

Snowrye                             1st   FEB    1st MAR.     50/1  14/1.

Apologies again!!

If snowray reads this, just want to clarify one point.

For a winning prediction, does it have to Snow and Settle on the predicted Date?

Or will Snow cover from an earlier Snowfall, count?

As I stated in an earlier Post, I'm a "stickler" for Rules, as I'm sure Lassie will confirm!!

Don't have time Tonight to Post up my "Virtual" Wager Selections but will Post them up, in the Morning.

Just want to repeat part of a Post, from Yesterday Afternoon -

QUOTE: 

"I propose that each Entrant should be allocated "Virtual" Stakes of £5, in each Market - OUTRIGHTWINNER, WINNING PREDICTION TO BE MADE BY NORTH THAMES MEMBER, WINNING PREDICTION TO BE MADE BY SOUTH THAMES MEMBER. These "Virtual" Wagers can be placed in the following manner: £5 WIN (on the "nose") or £2.50 EACH WAY.

If you Select WIN only your prediction MUST be the recorded Report of settling Snow in the our Region, on the Day of your Selection. If you Select EACH WAY only, your prediction MUST be a recorded Report of settling Snow within 2 Days either side of the first Date of settling Snow, in our Region. If correct,  you will receive a quarter of the Win Odds. I operate a similar Format, for my Horse Racing Competitions, over on the Lounge Thread.

You can place your "Virtual" Stakes on any Entrant (not just yourself). But I will offer a "Special Concession". Should your Wager be correct, I will double the quoted Odds, should your location also develop, settling Snow."

The Entrant gaining the greatest "Virtual" Returns from these Wagers, will receive the choice of the following Prizes:

1. An all expenses paid "Virtual" Week in the Skiing Resort of your choice plus Skiing Lessons , from a qualified Ski Instructor. 

Or,

2. An expenses paid "Virtual" Week in Lappland, during Christmas 2020. Your accommodation, will be a Log Cabin. You will also experience Reindeer   drawn, Sleigh Rides plus tuition on how to operate a Snowmobile, and of course meet Father Christmas".

I've decided to extend the Entry Deadline for these "Virtual" Wagers, until 9 PM, on WEDS 29th January.

Please Copy/Paste your "Virtual" Wager Selections, into the Boxes provided below. You will find the Betting Odds for Categories 1 and 2, in my Posts made Yesterday Afternoon. Please remember to indicate whether you'd like £5 WIN or £2.50 EACH WAY, for each Selection. Also, if you are fortunate to be the Entrant with the greatest "Virtual" Returns, please indicate with a 1 or 2, which "Virtual" Prize Option, you'd like. You will find a description of the 2 "Virtual" Prizes, highlighted in RED.

Your Selections MUST be Posted on this Thread, by 9 PM, on WEDS 29th January.

To give a lead on how to complete the Selection Chart below, I will Post up my "Virtual" Wager Selections Tomorrow Morning,  after I've viewed the Overnight Model Runs. 

Thank you.

CATEGORY 1 - OUTRIGHT WINNER -                                  

CATEGORY 2 - NORTH THAMES WINNER - 

CATEGORY 3 - SOUTH THAMES WINNER -

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:❄️☃️?️ 

Hi Tom, yes it has to snow and settle on the predicted day. However, if no one has picked that day then the closest wins, but it has to be within two days. Ie, should it snow and settle on 8th Feb, then Timbo wins since no one predicted that date and he is within two days with his entry of 10th Feb. 

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

Up early again. What was noticeable this Morning, was the lack of "twittering" birds between 4 and 5.

Literally, not a "dickie bird." The only sound I could hear was an occasional gust of wind and the sound of an early flight, going into Heathrow.

Was out shopping with "Septic Peg", Yesterday Morning/early Afternoon.

Sat in Sainsbury's Bromley, whilst "Septic" shopped. I read about the gathering excitement on the Model Thread, following "that" 06z GFS Run, showing a B.F.T.E. type Easterly, as we headed further into February. But that signal seemed to have been dropped, on the 12z and 18z Runs.

As a "nod" to the OTT reporting of Sky News and Sky Sports, want to put up a Digital Clock, to countdown the time until the Deadline for the Entry of those "Virtual" Wager predictions:

image.thumb.png.8ad1a39ac8115d6b4b83bd02c70ceb85.png

As of this moment you have 1 DAY 15 HOURS and 8 MINUTES, to get your "Virtual" Wagers Posted up.

In other words, 39 Hours and 8 Minutes until S.E. Snettling "Virtual" Wagers Hour.

Just off to have my B.P. medication and an early Breakfast.

Then a quick "gander", at the 00z Model Runs and then it's decision time, for my Snettling "Virtual" Wagers.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:❄️ ☃️ ?️

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I notice that the GFS 00z is showing snow for our region around 5th/6th Feb, still a long way off and no one has these dates in the competition but early Feb is looking more interesting at least.

204-574UK.gif

222-574UK.gif

222-780UK.gif

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Sunshine chilly, too

Posted

Before I Post up my "Virtual" Wager predictions, want to make a comment on the Weather conditions in the U.K., during the past 24 Hours.

Felt pretty chilly in the Rain, waiting for a Cab outside Sainsbury's in Bromley, yesterday Afternoon.

Thought it might be the arrival of Claudia's (author of that ridiculous Sun article Y/day), -10c "Canadian Ice Blast".

Well it seems Claudia's theory, has "hit the nail on the head!. We've got some Snowfall, mainly in the North of the U.K., and accumulating over Scottish Mountains and Hills. Well Claudia, whatever next, heat in Southern England in mid-Summer?? :shok:

I'd better stop having a "pop" at Nathan Rao's protégé, especially as she has an Italian first name.

Now for my "Virtual" Wagers.

The 00z GFS seems to have picked up that Wintry signal, again.

But this is where I'm going to need another ruling, from snowray.

image.thumb.png.bacb0ad1b7d291da808280ae4b6b747c.png  image.thumb.png.d3622284470ff1d0e1615e697151d03e.png                                                             

image.thumb.png.ac897ed5d4bd960bb6e2dfe5d1161e1d.png A very brief, very cold N-N.E. flow, which delivers some Snowfall to our Region.

The problem is it happens and is all over before the "envelope" of predictions begins.

TIMBO first up with 10th FEB. If that happens, are all "bets" then off?

Or do we hope for a 2nd Wintry blast, and the Competition starts, all over again?

Right, below are my "Virtual" Wagers, for the 3 Categories.

CATEGORY 1 - OUTRIGHT WINNER - Steve Murr (14th FEB). £2.50 EACH WAY @ 10/1.                                  

CATEGORY 2 - NORTH THAMES WINNER -Timbo (10th FEB). £5 WIN @ 4/1

CATEGORY 3 - SOUTH THAMES WINNER -Steve Murr (14th FEB). £2.50 EACH WAY @ 8/1.

"Virtual" Prize Option - 2.  An expenses paid "Virtual" Week in Lappland, during Christmas 2020. Your accommodation, will be a Log Cabin. You will also experience Reindeer   drawn, Sleigh Rides plus tuition on how to operate a Snowmobile, and of course meet Father Christmas. 

My reason for these predictions, some Members refer to Mr.Murr, as "Big Steve" . Steve chose the same Date as me and although nothing very Wintry is showing up at the moment , 17 Days is a long time in Meteorology.He's a lot taller than me at 150 Mts, to my 41. In this pathetic excuse of a Winter, marginality could become a Factor but Steve's elevation, could eliminate that. It stands to reason, that if I fancy him to be Outright Winner, I would also select him to be SOUTH THAMES, Winner. I'm hoping that Timbo (at Lowestoft), could well "land the spoils" in the NORTH THAMES Region, if we get a flow from between N. and E., and despite his very modest elevation, would be one of the first locations to "go under", if we got Snow, from that direction.

These "Virtual" Wagers can be placed in the following manner: £5 WIN (on the "nose") or £2.50 EACH WAY, if your predictions falls within 2 Days either side of the first Date of settling Snow, in our Region, you will receive a quarter of the Win Odds.

Sorry, to burden you with my Selection Steve but you seemed to be the logical conclusion, as you now have one of the highest elevations, of any Member in our Region. Probably would have picked, LOTTIEKENT (Winner of my 2012 Snow Depth Cup), as she has previous form but she has now "shrunk" to 30 Mts , from 164. 

Feel sorry for Katrine, who despite an attempt at a Sainsbury's style, "buy 1 get 1 free" deal of 30th/31st Jan, looks as if she'll "bite the dust", very quickly.

I hope as many Entrants will have a go at these "Virtual" Wagers. You will find the Betting Odds for Outright Winner, North Thames and South Thames Winners, in Posts I made on Sunday.

Like snowray, I will probably accept late Entries (after 9 PM Tomorrow) but will enforce a forfeit of "docking" your "Virtual" Returns, by an amount yet to be decided.

As Peter Snow once famously said about his "Swingometer", on BBC's Election Night Results Programme. "It's just a bit of fun."

Regards,

Tom.    :hi: ❄️ ☃️ ?️

image.png

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 3

Posted

Forgot to add, the Entrant who gains most Returns from their "Virtual" Wagers will qualify for one of those "Virtual" Prizes.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: ❄️ ☃️ ?️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Currently looking like a cold northerly followed by a brief north easterly and then back to the old UK high pressure...that's if we get anywhere near that point as a good 7 days away...could be the highlight of the winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Forgot to add, the Entrant who gains most Returns from their "Virtual" Wagers will qualify for one of those "Virtual" Prizes.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: ❄️ ☃️ ?️

Good Morning Tom.

Many thanks for all your hard work in getting the competition up and running. I know I am being "thick" but I don't know how to add my bet. Could you do it for me please. I wish to place a virtual £5 bet on snow falling in the north of the region on my chosen day, the 23rd March.

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Posted

image.thumb.png.bacb0ad1b7d291da808280ae4b6b747c.png  image.thumb.png.d3622284470ff1d0e1615e697151d03e.png                                                             

image.thumb.png.ac897ed5d4bd960bb6e2dfe5d1161e1d.png A very brief, very cold N-N.E. flow, which delivers some Snowfall to our Region.

The problem is it happens and is all over before the "envelope" of predictions begins.

Or do we hope for a 2nd Wintry blast, and the Competition starts, all over again?

Hi Tom. I was thinking the same thing, if it does snow between Katherine and Timbo's entries, would be 31st Jan-10th Feb, then nobody wins but we can continue the competition nonetheless to the second/third snowfall in our region, if we get one until someone in the competition has the correct date. As things stand Timbo is favorite in my book, since there could be snowfall for a few days on a NEly/Ely from around 5th of Feb onward.

Thanks for the recommendation of the restaurant in Bromley, it's not all that easy to find a decent Italian tratoria, I have been going to Vesuvio in Bexleyheath with is pretty good, they are all Italian in there too, mainly from Naples and I usually ask them to cook for me as they would at home, certain things on the menu are slightly modified for for the British palete, but the food is authentic and fresh which is what I like. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

A Smashing day here in East Dene near Eastbourne. Fine blue sky and plenty of sunshine. Temp at 7C. 45F. In the shade. Feeels nice in the sun, especially in the greenhouse.

Posted
2 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Before I Post up my "Virtual" Wager predictions, want to make a comment on the Weather conditions in the U.K., during the past 24 Hours.

Felt pretty chilly in the Rain, waiting for a Cab outside Sainsbury's in Bromley, yesterday Afternoon.

Thought it might be the arrival of Claudia's (author of that ridiculous Sun article Y/day), -10c "Canadian Ice Blast".

Well it seems Claudia's theory, has "hit the nail on the head!. We've got some Snowfall, mainly in the North of the U.K., and accumulating over Scottish Mountains and Hills. Well Claudia, whatever next, heat in Southern England in mid-Summer?? :shok:

I'd better stop having a "pop" at Nathan Rao's protégé, especially as she has an Italian first name.

Now for my "Virtual" Wagers.

The 00z GFS seems to have picked up that Wintry signal, again.

Right, below are my "Virtual" Wagers, for the 3 Categories.

CATEGORY 1 - OUTRIGHT WINNER - Steve Murr (14th FEB). £2.50 EACH WAY @ 10/1.                                  

CATEGORY 2 - NORTH THAMES WINNER -Timbo (10th FEB). £5 WIN @ 4/1

CATEGORY 3 - SOUTH THAMES WINNER -Steve Murr (14th FEB). £2.50 EACH WAY @ 8/1.

"Virtual" Prize Option - 2.  An expenses paid "Virtual" Week in Lappland, during Christmas 2020. Your accommodation, will be a Log Cabin. You will also experience Reindeer   drawn, Sleigh Rides plus tuition on how to operate a Snowmobile, and of course meet Father Christmas. 

My reason for these predictions, some Members refer to Mr.Murr, as "Big Steve" . Steve chose the same Date as me and although nothing very Wintry is showing up at the moment , 17 Days is a long time in Meteorology.He's a lot taller than me at 150 Mts, to my 41. In this pathetic excuse of a Winter, marginality could become a Factor but Steve's elevation, could eliminate that. It stands to reason, that if I fancy him to be Outright Winner, I would also select him to be SOUTH THAMES, Winner. I'm hoping that Timbo (at Lowestoft), could well "land the spoils" in the NORTH THAMES Region, if we get a flow from between N. and E., and despite his very modest elevation, would be one of the first locations to "go under", if we got Snow, from that direction.

These "Virtual" Wagers can be placed in the following manner: £5 WIN (on the "nose") or £2.50 EACH WAY, if your predictions falls within 2 Days either side of the first Date of settling Snow, in our Region, you will receive a quarter of the Win Odds.

Sorry, to burden you with my Selection Steve but you seemed to be the logical conclusion, as you now have one of the highest elevations, of any Member in our Region. Probably would have picked, LOTTIEKENT (Winner of my 2012 Snow Depth Cup), as she has previous form but she has now "shrunk" to 30 Mts , from 164. 

Feel sorry for Katrine, who despite an attempt at a Sainsbury's style, "buy 1 get 1 free" deal of 30th/31st Jan, looks as if she'll "bite the dust", very quickly.

I hope as many Entrants will have a go at these "Virtual" Wagers. You will find the Betting Odds for Outright Winner, North Thames and South Thames Winners, in Posts I made on Sunday.

Like snowray, I will probably accept late Entries (after 9 PM Tomorrow) but will enforce a forfeit of "docking" your "Virtual" Returns, by an amount yet to be decided.

As Peter Snow once famously said about his "Swingometer", on BBC's Election Night Results Programme. "It's just a bit of fun."

Regards,

Tom.    :hi: ❄️ ☃️ ?️

image.png

Hi Tom, Can you place me £5.00 on the nose for my date 10th Feb, i would also like to add that i also think in will be in my location, do i got extra for correct date and location??

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Good Morning Tom.

Many thanks for all your hard work in getting the competition up and running. I know I am being "thick" but I don't know how to add my bet. Could you do it for me please. I wish to place a virtual £5 bet on snow falling in the north of the region on my chosen day, the 23rd March.

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Dave

No problem Dave, here we are then:                                

CATEGORY 2 - NORTH THAMES WINNER - Claret047 (23rd MAR) £5 WIN @ 80/1.

Did you want WIN only? That is an Each Way price. Remember, according to snowray's Rules, it's the first "settling" Snow, that will be deemed the Winner. To gain a Return on an Each Way Wager, Snow can also fall 2 Days either side of your chosen Date.

If you choose WIN, your "Virtual" Returns would be - £405 - (£5 x 80 + your £5 Stake).

If you choose EACH WAY, your "Virtual" Returns would be -

Exact Date - £255 (£2.50 x 80 +1/4 x 80 x £2.50 + your £5 Stake).

2 Days either side of the 26th March - £52.50 - (1/4 x 80 + your £2.50 Stake). 

It's your decision Dave.

I made it a big Price because I personally think settling Snow will fall before 23rd March, plus it's pretty late to achieve, settling Snow. 

Now, who do you fancy to win Categories 1 and 3?

CATEGORY 1 - OUTRIGHT WINNER.

CATEGORY 3 - SOUTH THAMES WINNER.

I Posted the Betting Odds for all 3 Categories, on Sunday.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: ❄️ ?️ ☃️

Posted

QUOTE - TIMBO - 

"Hi Tom, Can you place me £5.00 on the nose for my date 10th Feb, i would also like to add that i also think in will be in my location, do i got extra for correct date and location??" 

Thanks Timbo, you've reminded me. Should you be correct in your "Virtual" Wager prediction and also receive "settling" Snow at your Location, I will Double your Odds. E.g. 10/1 becomes 20/1, 14/1 becomes 28/1, etc, etc.

Go steady though, this "Virtual" Bookmaker doesn't want to become "Virtually" skint, courtesy of too many "Virtual" Payouts.

I think I'm to gong have to request photographic evidence, though. I should imagine we've all got Cameras on our Mobile Phones, now. When I "Hosted" that Snow Depth Cup back in 2012, Members kindly Posted up Photos of their Snow, with a Ruler, stuck in it.

That takes care of Categories 1 and 2:

CATEGORY 1 - OUTRIGHT WINNER - Timbo (10th FEB) £5 WIN @ 10/1.

CATEGORY 2 - NORTH THAMES WINNER - Timbo (10th FEB) £5 WIN @ 4/1.

Now who do you fancy for, Category 3?:

CATEGORY 3 -SOUTH THAMES WINNER -

I Posted the Betting Odds for all 3 Categories, on Sunday.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:❄️ ?️ ☃️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

is this the cold spell everyone in the Mod thread was getting excited about? It's a bone chilling 8c lol

• Like 3