Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
4 hours ago, General Cluster said:

Snowdon's a Welsh hill, Dami!

I wasn't talking about the subject matter per-say. It was aimed at the 'The Uk's going to get snow' crew when it turns out the snow is on the high points up norf. 

And yes I realize that Snowdon's a bit more south of the country.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
8 hours ago, snowray said:

The good thing about living in Prague is that it's right in the middle of Europe, you can be in Austria, Italy or Germany very quickly, no ferries or flights to worry about, you can drive or just jump on a train. My cousins wife is czech but they live in Northern Italy, they are up and down all the time by car, they usually stop off first in the Dolomites, then Austria, and they usually send me these fantastic pictures of winter wonderlands, they both love the snow, no pics this year though, yet. Actually her father lives in the mountains in Slovakia, some lovely places there too.

I've not been over that way in about 25 yeas, I bet things have changed a fair bit in that time.

Yes, seasons are usually more pronounced once you reach the middle of Germany, eastwards. Though haven’t had any snow this winter so far (barring a 30 minute shower in December). That drive sounds fantastic, goes through some mountainous country so must be some amazing views and weather! The Czech Republic is changing all the time, it’s so different to even 15 years ago, you should try and visit again

• Like 2

Bit misty out tonight ... we did my sons lantern for his heart birthday ( for those who were on here back then it’s been 8 years since his open heart surgery) and every year we celebrate by lighting a lantern so if anyone thought they saw a ufo over Uxbridge tonight ... fear not was just a lantern ??

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
7 hours ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Bit misty out tonight ... we did my sons lantern for his heart birthday ( for those who were on here back then it’s been 8 years since his open heart surgery) and every year we celebrate by lighting a lantern so if anyone thought they saw a ufo over Uxbridge tonight ... fear not was just a lantern ??

Hi S.Q,

Yes, I remember those times and hope that "your" Tom, continues to do well. 

Having survived a Haemorrhagic Stroke back in September 2015, can understand you wanting to celebrate your Son's recovery from such a traumatic illness and stressful time, for your Family.

I actually "died" twice, had two bouts of Meningitis and Encephalitis but due the amazing expertise and care of a Surgeon and NHS Staff at 4 Hospitals (PRU, (Bromley), King's College (Denmark Hill), Lewisham and Orpington) and the subsequent love, care and attention of my Wife, I'm still here to "tell the tale." 

I thank my Lucky Stars, that I'm still around!! 

We're so lucky to have the much maligned NHS, in this Country. (Hands off Trump!!).

Quote - snowray, from Friday: 

"Well done Tom, thanks, you are doing a grand job there...just waiting now for some betting odds. Come on you reds, lovely jubly as they used to say back in the day in South London".

Thanks for your kind words, snowray. Apologies for my non appearance Yesterday but I was heavily involved with my own Horse Racing Competition, over on the Lounge Forum. I was up at 5.15 AM yesterday Morning to have Breakfast with my Wife, before she started a 12 Hour shift at a Chislehurst Residential Care Home but by 9 AM was "bushed" and needed to retreat back to bed for a couple of hours. My stamina levels aren't great, after my Stroke.

But I had a really good sleep last Night and feel refreashed.

I now have a few Days to turn my attention to your S.E. Region Settling Snow Competition. 

I will give myself a short tutorial and refresher course, on how to create a "Betting Odds Book" and Post those Betting Odds up, during the course of Today.

I've also come up with an idea, of having a bit of fun with your Competition. More on that later.

Now time for my B.P. medication and Breakfast.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 7

8 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

I can totally appreciate the sentiment behind it so please don't take this the wrong way. My youngest Son has undergone major surgical procedures having suffered an anuerism and cardiac arrest in recent years so I can understand why you might wish to celebrate this occasion but please, not with lanterns.

WWW.COUNTRYSIDEONLINE.CO.UK

Sky lanterns litter the countryside, cause fires and injure animals. See if your council has banned the use of sky lanterns.

Maybe ask before you assume !! 

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

GCOA 5 Pack Chinese Sky Lanterns - Eco Friendly, 100% Biodegradable Wire-Free Fire Resistant Paper Lantern to Release in Sky,Weddings & Parties & Festivals (Set of...

• Like 4

Posted

Having digested my Breakfast, and the latest 00z Model Runs, still the wait goes on for any excitement from a "Coldies", perspective!! The only Wintriness on offer, and it really is "scraping the barrel", are the following two Synoptic Charts, from the 00z Run. The Chart below, from UKMO. A possible "Short Term" bit of Wintriness, as the briefest of a coldish WNW flow invades our Region, which at a stretch, could produce a few Wintry Showers, during Tuesday.:

00z UKMO (t48). 28th JAN

image.thumb.png.f5061f3719bdf03712040aa295e8abbd.png

The only other 00z Chart, that suggested a possible touch of Wintriness, was this from the 00z GFS, as a Wave Runs S.E., across the U.K., ushering in some colder 850's, for a very short time. Some possible "back edge" Snow could result, which would correspond with Timbo's prediction of 10th February.

But this of course, is way out in "la la land" 

00z GFS (t366).10th FEB 

image.thumb.png.b85d497613b957e3471ecc05edb131e9.png

Apart from these 2 Charts, there's nothing remotely Wintry to take from the overnight Model Runs.

Indeed, as we head into early February, strong Heights remain "stubborn" to our S./S.W.

A combination of an Azores and a Bartlett High, perhaps? An Azorlett High!! :oldangry:

I feel that I've got enough Model Runs under my belt now to be able to cobble together some Betting Odds, for snowray's Competition. 

I will be using as many "tools" as I can find, to help me formulate some Odds. Below is a link to a Thread started by "Yeti" in Jan.2009. regarding Snow falling and lying: 

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/52964-uk-snowfall-averages/

Still stand by what I Posted on Friday. See below:

"My Favourites at the moment would be those Entrants whose predictions are clustered around the 2nd/3rd Week in February. As we are aware, the Days are lengthening,the Sun getting stronger by the Day and to achieve settling Snow in our Region, starts to become more problematic. Of course there have been some notable Snowfalls in March but I think it's more common in February". 

If it's ok with snowray, I will put together 3 Betting Markets:

1. - Outright Winning Prediction.

2. - Thames North Winning Prediction.

3 - Thames South Winning Prediction.

Also, if it's ok with snowray, I'd like to have a bit of "Virtual" Betting fun, with these Markets.

I propose that each Entrant should be allocated "Virtual" Stakes of £5, in each Market. These "Virtual" Wagers can be placed in the following manner: £5 WIN (on the "nose") or £2.50 Each Way, if your predictions falls within 2 Days either side of the first Date of settling Snow, in our Region, you will receive a quarter of the Win Odds.

I operate a similar Format, for my Horse Racing Competitions, over on the Lounge Thread.

What do you mean, I'm taking this too seriously? I suppose, after 25+ Years in the Bookmaking Industry, I've developed a "Gaming" mindset. It really is pretty easy, if you have enough Data, to create Betting Odds, for any eventuality. I think you'd call that the, "Two flies crawling up a wall syndrome"!! :oldsmile:

You can place your "Virtual" Stakes on any Entrant (not just yourself). But I will offer a "Special Concession". Should your Wager be correct, I will double the quoted Odds, should your location also develop, settling Snow.

And now for the "Virtual" Prizes.

The Entrant gaining the greatest "Virtual" Returns from these Wagers, will receive the choice of the following Prizes:

1. An all expenses paid "Virtual" Week in the Skiing Resort of your choice plus Skiing Lessons ⛷️, from a qualified Ski Instructor.

Or,

2. An expenses paid "Virtual" Week in Lappland, during Christmas 2020. Your accommodation, will be a Log Cabin. You will also experience Reindeer :reindeer-emoji:  drawn, Sleigh Rides plus tuition on how to operate a Snowmobile, and of course meet Father Christmas, ho, ho, ho!! :santa-emoji:

I'd definitely choose option 2. I've always fancied Lappland at Christmas but it's way too, expensive.

For those younger Members, who are wondering "who the hell" Septic Peg is??

It was a character created by Comedian, Brian Conley, and was a caricature of Astrologer, Mystic Meg. She became famous in 1994,when the National Lottery, was introduced. Hope that clears, that up.

Right I'm off to try and formulate, those Betting Odds.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:❄️☃️?️  

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
18 hours ago, General Cluster said:

We could always take our sledges up the Shard?:crazy:

Funny you should say that Pete. Before retirement I was based at Euston Tower a 31 storey office block in NW1. I was on the 27th floor and during cold weather I could see snow flakes outside my window, but at ground level it was falling as rain when the temperature was marginal for snow. Your November date for snow at the moment seems optimistic. We may have to wait longer than that!

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 5

Posted

I can be said I was quite surprised it was raining when I got up this morning. Well i'm not surprised actually.

Posted

Just wanted to Post these Odds up first. The list below and is in Odds and Alphabetical, order. As you can see, it's a very open event, with 12 Co-Favourites, all at 10/1. I've made the Favourites, those predictions between mid to late February. Although we've had some notable Snowfalls in March, the Sun is getting stronger and the Days lengthening, especially towards late Feb/early March. There's no hint from the Forecast Models of anything Wintry soon and even talk on the Stratosphere Thread of an SSW, seems to be muted this Morning.

NETWEATHER S.E.REGION SETTLING SNOW CUP  

BETTING ODDS FOR WINNING PREDICTION 

CATEGORY 1                                 OUTRIGHT WINNER

ENTRANT                            DATE                             ODDS

Bluebell                             23rd FEB                           10/1

Daniel                                15th FEB                           10/1

Lauren                               20th FEB                           10/1

Lottiekent                         16th FEB                            10/1

Septic Peg (Guest)          15th FEB                            10/1

Snow Queen One             24th FEB                           10/1

Snowray                           22nd FEB                           10/1

Stainesbloke                    19th FEB                            10/1

Steve Murr                        14th FEB                            10/1

Team Squirrel                   19th FEB                           10/1

Timbo                                10th FEB                           10/1

TomSE12                          14th FEB                           10/1

Darkcloud                         28th FEB                           14/1                     

Donna Thw                       27th FEB                           14/1

Lassie23                            29th FEB                          14/1

Pinball Wizard                  29th FEB                           14/1

Senlac Jack                       26th FEB                          14/1

Katrine Basso                  31st  JAN                           50/1

Snowrye                           1st    FEB                           50/1

Froze Were The Days      9th   MAR                         100/1

Claret049                           23rd MAR                        250/1

John Stevens                    29th MAR                        250/1

Mark Wheeler                    22nd  MR                        250/1

Bazza118                           10th    AP                        500/1

General Custer                 29th    NV                      1000/1 

ALL QUOTED PLACE TERMS: 1/4 0DDS.       

In a short while, I will Post up my Betting Odds by Region.

Category 2 will feature Members in the Thames North Group. (Members who are located, North of the Thames).

Category 3  will feature Members in the Thames South Group. (Members who are located, South of the Thames).

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:   ❄️☃️?️          

• Like 7

Posted

CATEGORY 2         

WINNING PREDICTION TO BE MADE BY NORTH THAMES MEMBER  

ENTRANT                                          DATE                                                   ODDS

Team Squirrel                                   19th FEB                                                  4/1

Timbo                                                10th FEB                                                  4/1

Lassie23                                            29th FEB                                                 8/1

Pinball Wizard                                   29th FEB                                                 8/1

Katrine Basso                                   31st  JAN                                               33/1

Froze Were The Days                       9th   MAR                                              50/1

Claret049                                           23rd MAR                                              80/1

General Custer                                 29th  NOV                                            500/1 

ALL QUOTED. PLACE TERMS: 1/4 0DDS.     

In a short while, I will Post up my Betting Odds for Category 3. those Members who are in the Thames South Group. (Members who are located, South of the Thames).

Regards,

Tom.   :hi: ❄️ ?️ ☃️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather
22 hours ago, Dami said:

I can confirm that when I lived in Sussex, I often found more snow in kent. In fact it snowed one Christmas in the 80's I believe although where I lived we hadn't even had sleet. Even good for thunderstorms. My dear dad used to take me on 'a chase' to find storms and we often ended up some where in Kent as well.

Thank you Dami for sharing your lovely memories.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather
35 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

CATEGORY 2         

ENTRANT                                          DATE                                                   ODDS

Team Squirrel                                   19th FEB                                                  4/1

Timbo                                                10th FEB                                                  4/1

Lassie23                                            29th FEB                                                 8/1

Pinball Wizard                                   29th FEB                                                 8/1

Katrine Basso                                   31st  JAN                                               33/1

Froze Were The Days                       9th   MAR                                              50/1

Claret049                                           23rd MAR                                              80/1

General Custer                                 29th  NOV                                            500/1 

In a short while, I will Post up my Betting Odds for Category 3. those Members who are in the Thames South Group. (Members who are located, South of the Thames).

Regards,

The waters are getting colder in the North Pacific ocean and there is a predicted split in the polar vortex which will impact us at a later date.  It would be nice to see the polar vortex obliterated.  I might mean that we could be getting snow either in late February or early March depending on other factors.

• Like 1

Posted

Contained in Category 3, are the Betting Odds for which SOUTH THAMES Member will make the winning prediction. The list below is in Odds and Alphabetical, order.

Just want to repeat part of a Post, I made this Morning:

Quote:

"Also, if it's ok with snowray, I'd like to have a bit of "Virtual" Betting fun, with these Markets.

I propose that each Entrant should be allocated "Virtual" Stakes of £5, in each Market. These "Virtual" Wagers can be placed in the following manner: £5 WIN (on the "nose") or £2.50 EACH WAY.

If you Select WIN only your prediction MUST be the recorded Report of settling Snow in the our Region, on the Day of your Selection. If you Select EACH WAY only, your prediction MUST be a recorded Report of settling Snow within 2 Days either side of the first Date of settling Snow, in our Region. If correct,  you will receive a quarter of the Win Odds. I operate a similar Format, for my Horse Racing Competitions, over on the Lounge Thread.

You can place your "Virtual" Stakes on any Entrant (not just yourself). But I will offer a "Special Concession". Should your Wager be correct, I will double the quoted Odds, should your location also develop, settling Snow."

The Entrant gaining the greatest "Virtual" Returns from these Wagers, will receive the choice of the following Prizes:

1. An all expenses paid "Virtual" Week in the Skiing Resort of your choice plus Skiing Lessons , from a qualified Ski Instructor.  Or,

2. An expenses paid "Virtual" Week in Lappland, during Christmas 2020. Your accommodation, will be a Log Cabin. You will also experience Reindeer   drawn, Sleigh Rides plus tuition on how to operate a Snowmobile, and of course meet Father Christmas.

Please Copy/Paste your "Virtual" Wager Selections, into the Boxes provided, at the end of this Post. Your Selections MUST be Posted on this Thread, by NOON, on 29th January.

The list below is in Odds and Alphabetical, order:

CATEGORY 3         

WINNING PREDICTION TO BE MADE BY SOUTH THAMES MEMBER  

Bluebell                                            23rd FEB                                                   8/1

Daniel                                               15th FEB                                                   8/1

Lauren                                              20th FEB                                                   8/1

Lottiekent                                         16th FEB                                                   8/1

Septic Peg (Guest)                          15th FEB                                                   8/1

Snow Queen One                            24th FEB                                                   8/1

Snowray                                           22nd FEB                                                  8/1

Stainesbloke                                    19th FEB                                                   8/1

Steve Murr                                        14th FEB                                                  8/1

TomSE12                                          14th FEB                                                  8/1

Darkcloud                                        28th FEB                                                 10/1                     

Donna Thw                                      27th FEB                                                 10/1

Senlac Jack                                     26th FEB                                                 10/1

Snowrye                                           1st   FEB                                                 20/1

Claret047                                         23rd MAR                                              100/1

John Stevens                                  29th MAR                                              100/1

Mark Wheeler                                  22ndMAR                                              100/1

Bazza118                                         10th  APR                                              250/1

Please Copy/Paste your "Virtual" Wager Selections, into the Boxes provided below. You will find the Betting Odds for Categories 1 and 2, in my previous 2 Posts.Please remember to indicate whether you'd like £5 WIN or £2.50 EACH WAY, for each Selection. Also, if you are fortunate to be the Entrant with the greatest "Virtual" Returns, please indicate with a 1 or 2, which "Virtual" Prize Option, you'd like. You will find a description of the 2 "Virtual" Prizes, highlighted in RED, near the beginning of this Post.

Your Selections MUST be Posted on this Thread, by NOON, on 29th January.

Thank you.

CATEGORY 1 - OUTRIGHT WINNER -                                  

CATEGORY 2 - NORTH THAMES WINNER - 

CATEGORY 3 - SOUTH THAMES WINNER -  

"Virtual" Prize Option - 

Very best of luck, to all.

Regards,

Tom.    :hi:❄️☃️?️ 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

everyone is getting excited in the mod thread, not sure what over, maybe it's time for the annual MODscars awards and the winner of the longest post goes to........

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

everyone is getting excited in the mod thread, not sure what over, maybe it's time for the annual MODscars awards and the winner of the longest post goes to........

It's all about the likes.

Tis dark and raining.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
17 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Must be the time-of-year in which 'heat snow' becomes likely?:oldlaugh:

h500slp.png    h850t850eu.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

It’s raining. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

CATEGORY 2         

Regards,

Thanks Tom & thanks also for making me 2 years younger. I thought I felt more sprightly today.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Contained in Category 3, are the Betting Odds for which SOUTH THAMES Member will make the winning prediction. The list below is in Odds and Alphabetical, order.

Just want to repeat part of a Post, I made this Morning:

Quote:

"Also, if it's ok with snowray, I'd like to have a bit of "Virtual" Betting fun, with these Markets.

I propose that each Entrant should be allocated "Virtual" Stakes of £5, in each Market. These "Virtual" Wagers can be placed in the following manner: £5 WIN (on the "nose") or £2.50 EACH WAY.

If you Select WIN only your prediction MUST be the recorded Report of settling Snow in the our Region, on the Day of your Selection. If you Select EACH WAY only, your prediction MUST be a recorded Report of settling Snow within 2 Days either side of the first Date of settling Snow, in our Region. If correct,  you will receive a quarter of the Win Odds. I operate a similar Format, for my Horse Racing Competitions, over on the Lounge Thread.

You can place your "Virtual" Stakes on any Entrant (not just yourself). But I will offer a "Special Concession". Should your Wager be correct, I will double the quoted Odds, should your location also develop, settling Snow."

1. An all expenses paid "Virtual" Week in the Skiing Resort of your choice plus Skiing Lessons , from a qualified Ski Instructor.  Or,

2. An expenses paid "Virtual" Week in Lappland, during Christmas 2020. Your accommodation, will be a Log Cabin. You will also experience Reindeer   drawn, Sleigh Rides plus tuition on how to operate a Snowmobile, and of course meet Father Christmas.

Please Copy/Paste your "Virtual" Wager Selections, into the Boxes provided, at the end of this Post. Your Selections MUST be Posted on this Thread, by NOON, on 29th January.

The list below is in Odds and Alphabetical, order:

CATEGORY 3         

WINNING PREDICTION TO BE MADE BY SOUTH THAMES MEMBER  

Bluebell                                            23rd FEB                                                   8/1

Daniel                                               15th FEB                                                   8/1

Lauren                                              20th FEB                                                   8/1

Lottiekent                                         16th FEB                                                   8/1

Septic Peg (Guest)                          15th FEB                                                   8/1

Snow Queen One                            24th FEB                                                   8/1

Snowray                                           22nd FEB                                                  8/1

Stainesbloke                                    19th FEB                                                   8/1

Steve Murr                                        14th FEB                                                  8/1

TomSE12                                          14th FEB                                                  8/1

Darkcloud                                        28th FEB                                                 10/1                     

Donna Thw                                      27th FEB                                                 10/1

Senlac Jack                                     26th FEB                                                 10/1

Snowrye                                           1st   FEB                                                 20/1

Claret047                                         23rd MAR                                              100/1

John Stevens                                  29th MAR                                              100/1

Mark Wheeler                                  22ndMAR                                              100/1

Bazza118                                         10th  APR                                              250/1

Please Copy/Paste your "Virtual" Wager Selections, into the Boxes provided below. You will find the Betting Odds for Categories 1 and 2, in my previous 2 Posts.Please remember to indicate whether you'd like £5 WIN or £2.50 EACH WAY, for each Selection. Also, if you are fortunate to be the Entrant with the greatest "Virtual" Returns, please indicate with a 1 or 2, which "Virtual" Prize Option, you'd like. You will find a description of the 2 "Virtual" Prizes, highlighted in RED, near the beginning of this Post.

Your Selections MUST be Posted on this Thread, by NOON, on 29th January.

Thank you.

CATEGORY 1 - OUTRIGHT WINNER -                                  

CATEGORY 2 - NORTH THAMES WINNER - 

CATEGORY 3 - SOUTH THAMES WINNER -  

"Virtual" Prize Option - 

Very best of luck, to all.

Regards,

Tom.    :hi:❄️☃️?️ 

Hello Tom. I note you have also placed me  in the South Thames group, but I am up Norf.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks Dave, for the above, ^^^^. I did notice my error but it was too late to change it.

Competition Fatigue Syndrome, again.

Typing that lot out, was quite a strain on me "minces"!!

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Rain here in East Dene should be a frost free night. First of February next Saturday hopefully we will see more dry weather and some sun. We cid have an hour of sunshine this morning that was a bonus. Time for another log on the fire, and a tipple or two. Good health to you all.

Posted

Quote - Katrine.

"It might mean that we could be getting snow either in late February or early March depending on other factors".

Hi Katrine,

According to ECM/UKMO, looks like your going to struggle with 31st Jan.

But what do I know?? :cc_confused:

Like this Guy - image.png.e0aafb98fb819b36174100db378dfd7f.pngI know nothing, I am from Bromaleee!!

ECM 12z (31st JAN)

image.thumb.png.a5d9a6f92718828b7708a615d7f12856.png

UKMO 12z (31st JAN)

image.thumb.png.36eddb29ac9d720269fa5c805d25cf7d.png

Mind you if this is a Day later, you could become the new Septic Peg!! :shok:

ECM 12z (31st JAN)

image.thumb.png.e6cbe3b0f1ecb81808ca7de3e9517208.png

Where did that come from? Problem is the Uppers, are rubbish!!

Regards,

Tom.   :hi: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

We have betting odds!:yahoo:

Excellent:clapping:.

Been out all afternoon and out tomorrow, going to see La Traviata  at the ROH covent garden, Joe Greens classic opera. Anyone know a nice restaurant around there?:oldgrin:

Yes lets have some virtual fun Tom, your the betting expert!

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, snowray said:

We have betting odds!:yahoo:

Excellent:clapping:.

Been out all afternoon and out tomorrow, going to see La Traviata  at the ROH covent garden, Joe Greens classic opera. Anyone know a nice restaurant around there?:oldgrin:

Yes lets have some virtual fun Tom, your the betting expert!

Hi s.r,

I don't know about Betting expert!! I've always found people that work in the Bookmaking Industry, some of the worst "Judges". Too opinionated and blinkered (no pun intended). As some of my recent performances in my own Horse Racing Competitions, prove.

Joe Green indeed, how to wind up someone with Italian blood.

That's as bad as suggesting that Spag. Bol, is an Itaian dish. Non esiste in Italia!! :nonono:

No self respecting resident of Bologna would be seen dead eating their Ragu, with Spaghetti.

The dish is Tagliatelle al Ragu. Think Spag.Bol, was seen in somewhere like Blackburn, first!!

If you visit the Churchill Theatre in Bromley s.r., check out Studio Gusto for a pre-Theatre meal, first:

image.png.2645cef0faf8117bb4b69b2c29c7487e.png

WWW.QUANDOO.CO.UK

Don't miss the opportunity to book a table at Studio Gusto in Bromley. Studio Gusto is one of the Bromley Town Centre restaurants that everyone talks about.

It's owned and managed by the Italian Husband of my Niece and the food is delicious. I celebrated my 64th Birthday there with members of my Family. Tell the Manager Raffaele, that Zio (Uncle) Tom, recommended it to you. Raff will look after you. :oldgood:

Apologies Mods, for the shameless plug. It is a very nice Restaurant, though.

Meanwhile, back to the Competition. If you're finding some of the Betting terminology confusing and are not sure how to register, your "Virtual" Wagers, I'll be Posting mine up Tomorrow Night, after I've viewed the 12z Model Runs. Hopefully LASSIE23 will enter some "Virtual" Wagers. Lassie certainly knows the "time of Day", when entering my Competitions. So, follow his lead. 

Saluti,

Tomasino.  :hi:

• Like 5

Posted

Morning all,

Up early and turned on the TV. The Newspaper Review was on and I was greeted with this. See link below:

JS-COMP-WEATHER-MAP.jpg?strip=all&qualit
WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

ICY temperatures potentially dropping as low as -10C are expected to freeze Britain as cold air coming from Canada is set to bring SNOW across the north of the UK...

"Pest From The West". Bloomin' cheek. I'm sure it was Yours Truly, that "coined that phrase." I used it a couple of Years ago, when it looked a if an unsettled Atlantic pattern would ruin the Summer Holiday Weather. Don't think it materialised, though.

I thought then it would make a catchy "Sun type", headline. Similar to the "Beast From The East." Should have put a patent on it!! And blow me down, up they pop with it. Got to thinking that the Sun, have become the new Daily Mail and that Nathan Rao, has got a job with them. But the article is attributable to someone by the name of Claudia Aoroha. Well Claudia, it seems you've graduated fom the same School of Sensationalist Journalism, as Nathan Rao. What an utter load of "tosh!!" :wallbash:

Off to view the 00z Model Runs. Expecting, the "same old, same old."

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 6