Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Has anyone in the East of the area seen strange lights in the sky this evening.

It started just after 6PM , was outside having a fag looking up at the stars, the sky was so crisp and clear,noticed a satellite moving from West to East , then another one shortly after, then another one. Me and the wife witnessed a total on 16 one after the other "strange or what".

Went back out for a fag just after 7PM and things got even stranger, witnessed 5 large bright lights in a straight vertical formation to the North -West, these then faded out one by one over a 5 minute period.

We are in Reydon , near Southwold, if anyone has seen any of these lights this evening, or can explain it would much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

An air frost again here this morning - 1c followed by another glorious winters day here in Hastings. 

I don't mind this weather at all. 

IMG_20200121_162653.jpg

IMG_20200121_162806.jpg

IMG_20200121_163545.jpg

IMG_20200121_165554.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
2 hours ago, Timbo said:

It started just after 6PM , was outside having a fag looking up at the stars, the sky was so crisp and clear,noticed a satellite moving from West to East , then another one shortly after, then another one. Me and the wife witnessed a total on 16 one after the other "strange or what".

Went back out for a fag just after 7PM and things got even stranger, witnessed 5 large bright lights in a straight vertical formation to the North -West, these then faded out one by one over a 5 minute period.

We are in Reydon , near Southwold, if anyone has seen any of these lights this evening, or can explain it would much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

This might help? Found it on a FB page

Screenshot_20200121-222947_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Up early again and having looked at the 00z Runs, from a "Coldies" perspective, feel like going back to bed.

Too early for the 00z ECM Run but I'm not holding my breath. 

No Height rises to our West on view, so not even a Ridge to "topple"!!

Watched a recording of MeteoGroups' extended Forecast , "Downside" Darren Bett on shift this Morning.

He seemed quite content that the current short colder spell, was on its way out but at least he stopped short of saying that the "upside" of a resumption of the wet and unsettled Weather, will mean that it will be getting milder.

I'll be phoning local S.E. Meteorologist Ian Currie later this Morning and hoping he will offer some crumbs of comfort, from his LRF for February, with news of some light at the end of this tunnel of never ending mild and depressing, excuse of a Winter but I'm not holding my breath.

But Ian will freely admit that this time last Year his LRF for Feb., 2019 was about to go the "way of the pear."

He expected a colder than average Month with some Snow around, courtesy of a strong Greenland High. But as we know, none of that materialised. 

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:  

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

From a "Coldies" perspective,no light at the end of the 00z ECM Tunnel. Day 10 takes us to 1st Feb.

image.thumb.png.605da5b2e26228a4cad065d8612a6d14.png

"Bartlett" type Heights to our S., with the J/S and attendant Lows, barrelling away to our North. :oldangry: 

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Much milder this morning than this time yesterday, 5C

As Tom says above, the outlook is not good if you're a coldie. I still think there is time for snow this winter, just!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I'm just hoping that we don't end up with a cold Spring with northern blocking etc. After the second week of March I'm looking for warmth not snow, slush and that awful drip, drip, drip by mid morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
46 minutes ago, snowray said:

I'm just hoping that we don't end up with a cold Spring with northern blocking etc. After the second week of March I'm looking for warmth not snow, slush and that awful drip, drip, drip by mid morning.

Don't worry we won't - BFTP (Fred) is forecasting a cold start to spring and with his track record...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
41 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Don't worry we won't - BFTP (Fred) is forecasting a cold start to spring and with his track record...

Ahhh yes, but he's also forecasting a mild February so...:unknw:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
On 20/01/2020 at 05:37, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

Up early again (5 AM), but no Breakfast with the Wife this Morning.

Fortunately no work either Today for Colette, after 3 consecutive 12 Hour shifts. She's still wrapped up snuggly in Bed and having a well deserved, lie-in.

We'll probably get out for a bit of shopping later on.

I'll concede to the Weather Presenters, that it's a little bit nippy this Morning with at last, a decent Frost to report.

You'll also be pleased to hear, no rambling monologue from me this Morning!! :nonono:

But I would like to Post up a few Screengrabs, to illustrate my Post.

First some from MeteoGroups' extended Forecast, last Night with Stav Danaos:

image.thumb.png.ce63a6794db2efb2209378e468442053.png

Our intense High Pressure eventually recedes away S.E., with the Atlantic "waiting in the wings", to turn it wet, windy and milder again. 

image.thumb.png.eec996a37776e4018d79e68163649e52.png

Stav, explaining that a reinvigorated Jet Stream will start to throw Low Pressure at us again, the coming Weekend and beyond.

Finally a Screengrab of Alina Jenkins and Todays' Forecast, depicting Lassies', messy Wednesday

image.thumb.png.0141f684b5a7bb69d27e560760d49ba5.png

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

Very accurate from the BBC Wednesday has got off to a right mess.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Autumn is back. rejoice!  

Posted

Hey anyone fancy a competition?

When will it snow next and settle in our SE region? Even a dusting counts but not sleet or hail, must be snow.

1st prize for who gets closest wins a pack of 4 Cadbury flake chocolate bars, offered by me.

Entrants have until 12 noon tomorrow the 23rd of Jan to submit a date.

Good luck everyone.:oldgood:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
3 hours ago, snowray said:

Ahhh yes, but he's also forecasting a mild February so...:unknw:

More of a chance of that happening being a winter month and track record of winter months of recent years...

Posted
26 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

More of a chance of that happening being a winter month and track record of winter months of recent years...

I personally still think that there will be some snow around this February.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters
3 hours ago, Dami said:

Autumn is back. rejoice!  

It never stopped and it will soon morph into spring. Reckon i'll need to mow my lawn by the middle of February....

Posted
1 hour ago, snowray said:

When will it snow next and settle in our SE region? Even a dusting counts but not sleet or hail, must be snow.

1st prize for who gets closest wins a pack of 4 Cadbury flake chocolate bars, offered by me.

Hi Snowray, i will go for snow falling and settling in the SE region on 10th Feb, high pressure building into Greenland giving a potent Northerly, followed be winds moving round to the East.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
2 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Oh great! Cold drizzle.

I feel the cold, even although i love snow and where I am it's mild drizzle. Doesn't feel cold at all.

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Hi Snowray, i will go for snow falling and settling in the SE region on 10th Feb, high pressure building into Greenland giving a potent Northerly, followed be winds moving round to the East.

Well done Timbo...we have our 1st entry.

Posted
2 hours ago, snowray said:

I’ll go for 16th February. 

My son always wants a snowy birthday (4th Feb) but can’t see that happening this year..

• Like 2

Posted
25 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

I’ll go for 16th February. 

My son always wants a snowy birthday (4th Feb) but can’t see that happening this year..

Funnily enough that's my birthday 16th Feb, well done your entry number 2.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
22 hours ago, Timbo said:

Thanks in advance

They were satellites moving in formation. My friend is a pilot and was given notice of it by ATC. Quite spectacular from the flight deck apparently!

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Lauren said:

They were satellites moving in formation. My friend is a pilot and was given notice of it by ATC. Quite spectacular from the flight deck apparently!

I was observing Orion's Belt last night when it was due south, very clear skies, missed that, pity I never looked east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 hours ago, snowray said:

February 19th

• Like 1