Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

A tree is blocking the railway near Bekesbourne, meaning trains are currently unable to run between Canterbury East and Dover Priory.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Got a couple of trees down near me, blocking the road, can hear the constant roar outside, imagine what the noise must be like from a cat 5, power is still on thankfully, hoping it stays that way, I always sleep with the fan on, so won't hear the wind

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Got a couple of trees down near me, blocking the road, can hear the constant roar outside, imagine what the noise must be like from a cat 5, power is still on thankfully, hoping it stays that way, I always sleep with the fan on, so won't hear the wind

Like this

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

At least this windy interlude of the last day has broken up the boredom of this winter for the time being. Ridiculously mild out there at the moment with a temp of 12.9c and a gust recorded here of 46mph - the strongest of the winter but nothing that outstanding.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 hour ago, Reefseeker said:

Not silly at all, it's a bit mad out there. A pint to steady the nerves - what an excellent idea;) 

I wasn’t the only one LOL . There was no one on the top deck when I got on and only one person went up top and we all stood downstairs like sardines in a tin like rush hour .

• Like 1

Posted

A train has struck a tree near Selling near Faversham and is blocking both lines.

The A264 Pembury Road is blocked in both directions due to a fallen tree between the A228 and Blackhurst Lane near Tunbridge Wells.

The A228 is blocked in both directions blocked due to another fallen tree from Maidstone Road to High Street near Tunbridge Wells.

The A20 London Road in Allington near Maidstone is blocked due to a fallen tree.

The A252 in Chilham between Ashford and Canterbury is shut in both directions due to a fallen tree.

Reports of another tree down Kingdom Grove Road, Sevenoaks.

Bekesbourne Lane in Canterbury is closed from the A257 Littlebourne Road to Station Road due to a fallen tree.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Historical weather events. ❤ the seasons! Winters crisp snow!

Supposed to peak at twelve around North Kent, not taking the dog cos its vicious out there and I have waterproofs but going out soon will post a video or sound clip x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Historical weather events. ❤ the seasons! Winters crisp snow!

Rolling a smoke 1st x might need it

• Like 1

Posted

Was just by the Thames in Bourne End and even though the wind was wild and the rain constant, given it's a January storm, it's astonishing how mild it is.

No damage here but everyone will wake up with their neighbour's recycling bins tomorrow, and I saw a soaking fox shaking off the rain like a dog does.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Team Squirrel said:

Was just by the Thames in Bourne End and even though the wind was wild and the rain constant, given it's a January storm, it's astonishing how mild it is.

No damage here but everyone will wake up with their neighbour's recycling bins tomorrow, and I saw a soaking fox shaking off the rain like a dog does.

Nice part of the world. It is incredibly warm on the region for sure. I've got the heaters on minimum

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Conditions weren't quite as bad as I expected at high tide in Hastings ( 13.30 hrs )this afternoon but that was probably due to the fact the winds abated from around midnight until midday today.

Since then they have picked up considerably and this evening I've regularly heard the sound of branches cracking and falling from nearby trees along with the obligatory wheely bin shuffle. Apart from the lull between midnight and midday today the wind has been gusting between 30-52mph at Herstmonceux since around midday on Monday.

Herstmonceux is about 12 miles from me and further inland so it's reasonable to assume the wind has been a fair bit stronger on the coast, and at my location 2 miles inland. It's stil packing a punch now at just past midnight.

• Like 2

Posted

12C at this hour what is going on! Although it does seem squall line advancing with cold front.

1FC86851-41CA-4161-BC1C-2EF5D198D982.thumb.png.7617af80e7ba00f101d7a0b518cddb4b.png85A1992E-8A8C-42FC-A491-DD2B9C844C4D.thumb.png.3c440468a15c1691bea34f58f58bc724.png

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Up very early (4.30), due to ongoing "health issues" and the sound of our Cold Front going through.

My Wife (and my G.P.), are convinced I'm suffering from Tinea Cruris!! Won't go in to detail but it's causing me to lose a lot of sleep. Have tried many creams but to no avail, think they've just burnt my skin!!!

Think my Immune System was compromised after suffering an Haemorrhagic Stroke, back in Sept.2015. I then contracted two lots of Meningitis and had to be swamped with Vancomycin (Antibiotic), to get rid of it. In doing so, my Immunity was greatly lowered and I was confined to my own room on the Hospital Ward, for a while. I think a trip back to my G.P's is in order, as this sleep deprivation is really getting to me now!! :oldangry:

Tinea Cruris - Blasted Latins!! I'm hoping Brexit (31st of Jan.), will result in  an improvement in my condition!! :oldsmile:

As I stated above, Cold Front now clearing away East. Could just about hear the wind howling in the Night, above our Bedroom fan. My Wife is also a mid-Winter "user", and claims it's "therapeutic" and helps her to sleep. I maintain that the Executives of our Electricity suppliers, also find it "therapeutic"!! :oldangry:

News, from the Weather Almanac, of Winter 2019-20. 

So, Brendan "begat" a Wave Depression, which may well beget Ciara, on Thursday. But "lo" Darrens' "Cold High", is spotted in the West and the begetting may well cease for a while, before resuming next Week, possibly.

Mr.Betts' area of "Cold" High Pressure may well spoil the Jet Streams' Party, temporarily.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: 

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

image.thumb.png.17700c5228b176280ae051eabc3a59dc.png

Cold Front now looks like dragging its heels with no definitive clearance, until later.

Another clump of Rain, heading up from the S.W., towards our Region.

https://en.meteox.com/

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well woke up to find half our fence gone. This is going to be costly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Although it was windy and wet last night, I didn't notice it too much. 

Hubs told me this morning that it was quite cold out and it did feel colder than 6c. However by the time I was sorted for the school run, there was hardly any wind, no rain and it was warmer. Hit 13c here yesterday.

I am not looking forward to summer.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

For the record, max gusts in the East from Tuesday afternoon through to this morning:

• 59mph Weybourne
  • 55mph Marham
  • 53mph Andrewsfield + Shoeburyness
  • 51mph Cranfield, Norwich, Southend + Wittering
  • 49mph Bedford, Lakenheath + Wattisham
  • 48mph Mildenhall
  • 47mph Stansted
  • 46mph Tibenham
  • 44mph Luton

Figures courtesy of Weatherquest @danholley_ (Twitter).

• Like 9