Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Signs of some really mild weather this week. Yesterdays forecast on BBC Said we could reach 14C. Thats 57F. Not bad for early January. If we get some sunshine it would be nice. Mild start today with some breaks in the cloud, and very calm again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Me yesterday ' I need to get Christmas out the way'

Me today ' Why did we put up so much stuff? Can't it stay all year?'  I cannot move for bags and boxes.

The weather? who cares at this point.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
13 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I think the cold rampers have even called it a day now lol

Poor things, must be frustrating to get so much mild dross instead of proper winter. I guess people forget that mild dross is the norm for the UK, especially for the South. How’s your cat?

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

5th of January and I think I've lost count of how many nondescript cloudy dull, calmish days experienced already this winter...the last 3 months + won't stick long in the memory.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

All a bit odd, I’ve not been feeling this really mild weather. It’s felt pretty chilly on the whole, certainly not anything noticeable mega mild...

• Like 5

Posted

I’m looking forward coming back to Uk next Thursday. I am grateful forecasts are seldom right as I will be coming across the Bay of Biscay so I am confident it will be like a mill pond. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Poor things, must be frustrating to get so much mild dross instead of proper winter. I guess people forget that mild dross is the norm for the UK, especially for the South. How’s your cat?

My cat has tumour in her eye and the vets don't know whether it will spread and end her life, or whether it will stay in the eye. At the moment she seems okay, thanks for asking.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

My cat has tumour in her eye and the vets don't know whether it will spread and end her life, or whether it will stay in the eye. At the moment she seems okay, thanks for asking.

I had no idea lass. Oh my. Sorry to hear.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Dami said:

I had no idea lass. Oh my. Sorry to hear.

Thanks Dami. It just recently started spreading into the actual eye from the eye lid and it's all red and inflamed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Aw, poor thing, I hope they can treat her successfully and she will be with you for a long time yet ❤️ It’s so hard when they’re ill.

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry to hear that lass. Just woke up thought I would have a quick gander at the site. Just noticed something that made me smile. 

The cairngorn summit you would expect to be sub zero this time of year but most years up till may June time it would be....... it's currently +1.9 that for me showed how mild it is. Lol

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Aw, poor thing, I hope they can treat her successfully and she will be with you for a long time yet ❤️ It’s so hard when they’re ill.

1 hour ago, Jimmyh said:

Sorry to hear that lass. Just woke up thought I would have a quick gander at the site. Just noticed something that made me smile. 

The cairngorn summit you would expect to be sub zero this time of year but most years up till may June time it would be....... it's currently +1.9 that for me showed how mild it is. Lol

Thanks, she still has an appetite which i hope is a good sign. If it's 1.9c on the cairngon summit than what chance do we have 2 inches above sea level

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Thanks, she still has an appetite which i hope is a good sign. If it's 1.9c on the cairngon summit than what chance do we have 2 inches above sea level

Yes, it’s good that she’s eating normally. Fingers crossed for her. Know what it’s like x

Posted

The only exciting thing is i got to wear my new coat this morning. Slightly below cool out, broken cloud and some wind.

Bah bah bah.

I hate the school run.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Dry and a little cold today, will take that over the dross we have had for the past 2 months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Gusty old wind here but otherwise a reasonable day and some sunshine. That's quite some squall line heading in to the south of the Region atm, but much weaker to the north.

1349517522_Radar6Jan14_55.thumb.jpg.1a3d6bd10111fb933d31f982968bc78b.jpg

Early Thurs morning looking wet, windy and mild for many of us. GFS doesn't think it will be +1.9C on the top of Cairngorm that morning. :oldsmile:

640100367_GFS6Janfor09Jan.thumb.GIF.6c95c84582f50a4f2360db8032b750df.GIF1039225908_GFS6Janfor09Janprecip.thumb.GIF.d44cabebd9c585f690c40ee58f5b080c.GIF249574384_GFS6Janfor09Jantemps.thumb.GIF.0c46369b03ada6c8a38469530100d99b.GIF

• Like 2

Posted

Had some rain. Not much. Didn't wet my trainers anyhow.

I have to say.. If we don't get some cold in Feb and March (although I can almost guarantee we get some brutal cold and snow just as everything is coming into flower and spring blossom) then this will go own as one of the worst winters on record for cold and snow.. 

I do recall though the past 2 or maybe even 3 winters that had cold easterly winds well into April sometimes... Although it would actually take a miracle to get us out of this pattern now. This is a true UK winter setup for a mild and wet winter 

October 12th 2019 : Surrey: Yep I'm putting bets on a very stormy wet mild winter... To make up for the last 2-3 dry years..  

Not done to bad so far on getting winter 2019/2020 correct 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
3 hours ago, Surrey said:

October 12th 2019 : Surrey: Yep I'm putting bets on a very stormy wet mild winter... To make up for the last 2-3 dry years..  

It hasn't been stormy...just a relentless west to east pattern with only a slightly more settled spell after Xmas and so far there have certainly been milder winters here in the south to now (December was nearly 1c colder that of 2018, though not saying much I know)...saying that wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't see one snow flake and if we do it will be on Feb 28th or in March.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Just for clarity this is the temperature anomalies for the UK and Europe. Scary stuff. 

AF51B9D8-B8A9-4B0A-91E2-CA13A90CE988.png

• Like 4

Posted

Alexa told me it would be cloudy with showers.

MO - cloudy

NW-cloudy.

Bubs just about to go on a field trip to the woods. -Alexa wins.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
9 minutes ago, Dami said:

Alexa told me it would be cloudy with showers.

MO - cloudy

NW-cloudy.

Bubs just about to go on a field trip to the woods. -Alexa wins.

And there I was calling myself mad for talking to my cat!

PS: Hope your cat's okay, lass.