Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

January is a strange month. Followed by February, March, April, May. 

The weather is rather boring too.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
26 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Plenty of time for cold snowy weather yet. We only ever get a few weeks of it anway, even in 'good' winters in these parts, so lots of time yet.  

February is looking good, unfortunately it's not this February

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Mmmm... John Hammond on the SE news almost wanted to hint that something this evening “no significant cold... just yet”.... at least it’s more tantalising than Darren “at least it’ll be mild” Bett!!

Posted
12 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Looking like the rain makes a return next week though.

Makes a brief return tonight too not too much for most but 5-10mm in places them totals most likely for east anglia and areas to the north of London with more lighter patchier rain for southeast England giving only a few mm's. 

Edited by jordan smith
  • Like 1

Looks like our dear friend barlett wants to pay a visit.. That will be most of January gone for anything cold. Hurry up spring.. 

I have to say not sure I've ever experienced a spell of weather this boring in my life.. Even in summer when we get high pressure at least its sunny and sometimes you can chase high temperatures etc.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A strange morning as the temperature approximately 8 am was 11° C and it is 11:39 am and it has gone down to 9.9°C.

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

A strange morning as the temperature approximately 8 am was 11° C and it is 11:39 am and it has gone down to 9.9°C.

And i stupidly put a light jacket on this morning where it was so mild out. just been outside and wish i had a thicker jacket on. thats weather for you!

• Like 2

Posted

I see it has been raining, and a bit blowy too as a pizza box of ours had found it's way down the path and a rather snotty neighbour curtly told us she had put it back in our bin.

Lovely dear thank you.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Katrine Basso said:

It’s recently dropped here too - can clearly see when the cold front went through! 

DADEA41A-D873-4192-911B-733C6E207D20.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Lots of despondency about our winter weather to date, in short it’s been dung

first glimpse of light the last few days that it could be a back loaded winter with the end of Jan & Feb coming into play. Not sure I can stomach 2 winters on the trot with Zero snow days. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Some patches of frost this morning in the shade! Haven’t measured the temp. though.

Posted

There was talk of a scandi high for two minutes in the MOD  thread, but the computer says no. The euro high looks like staying put until 2023

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

I think London was colder in November compared to present day (and next week ). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 hours ago, Stabilo19 said:

I think London was colder in November compared to present day (and next week ). 

It was thanks to some trough disruption and the jet somewhat further south and suppressed temps (not cold), now due to the building of heights (which is becoming a common occurrence in winter and summer) over Europe has pushed the Jet stream now somewhat further north which equals mild or mildish conditions and we're back in the same old rut i.e. boredom.

• Like 1

Posted

yawn. Really.

Hubs has a new car so we were testing out the radio. The man next door decided he wanted a listen too but made out he was starting his car which hasn't worked for about 3 weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

No sign at all of anything remotely cold, and fearing this will be another poor winter, march 2013 the last time I saw a decent snowfall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Have to laugh reading the Mod thread at the moment. Should be a fair few posters working for the Met Office, as they are clearly very talented and possibly clairvoyant  

Weather boredom continues in the UK and much of Europe, though it’s blowing a hoolie here in Prague today, even had 10 minutes of sleet with a max of 4°C. Oh, the excitement....

• Like 7

Posted
4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Have to laugh reading the Mod thread at the moment. Should be a fair few posters working for the Met Office, as they are clearly very talented and possibly clairvoyant  

Weather boredom continues in the UK and much of Europe, though it’s blowing a hoolie here in Prague today, even had 10 minutes of sleet with a max of 4°C. Oh, the excitement....

I think the cold rampers have even called it a day now lol

• Like 2