Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I was given a New Year's weather treat this morning at 7:30 am as my neighbouring gardens were covered in fog. Sadly it did not last long as by 11 am it had all gone. 

Happy New Year to all ! May the New Year bring to you warmth of love, and that we will get more seasonable weather in 2020.  I wish tremendous joy and good health for you.  Out with the old, in with the new! In 2020, may you all have an amazing year ahead! May the year 2020 bring delightful surprises and good luck for you all! Wishing your year 2020 to be fully loaded with happiness and contentment and that I heartily wish a beautiful tomorrow for you all.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Happy New Year everyone! Very cloudy and overcast as usual here

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
20 hours ago, slater said:

****Breaking News**** haha cold lovers  

AA03A104-47EE-4D80-9476-AE3535353151.png

That's remarkable.

I assume it's most likely down to the Foehn effect, where high humidity air over mountains is pushed over high ground by strong winds, with one side of the mountain cool and wet, and the other side warm and dry. The warm and dry air then surges down the mountain, picking up heat as it goes down.

It's quite extraordinary to say the least.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The temperature at 2:10pm in South Ockendon is 7.6°C according to my weather station and the Met Office has South Ockendon at 5°C.

Edited by Katrine Basso

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Damp, dull, dank and cold at 4.1C. Yuk!! 

Seriously hoping there is better than this in the near future, ideally 8in of snow and ice days!! (Looking at the MO I can't see it happening this winter but we can but dream!) No matter what the weather does I wish you all "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"

Hope 2020 is kind to us all.

• Like 4

Posted

Happy New Year  2019 was awful not just the weather let’s hope 2020 improves. It has been a very miserable and chilly start to 2020 the maximum 6.1C, annoying flimsy cold.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
8 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Very little snow anywhere looking at that sat image @Blessed weather other than the Alps as you point out, looks like some as you go into Western Russia, Estonia but nowt all else over Europe...very disconcerting.

Happy New Year all!....here's to a more varied weather year and perhaps some snow.

Records are tumbling all around the globe, Australia is burning, the Amazon was burning, the arctic circle was burning, Arctic sea ice was at an all time record low (again) their are 50% less species on this earth than there was 100 years ago. We’re now seeing the real impacts of global warming and it’s impacting on our lives like never before so now is the time to individually try and do something about it, not just for us but for our kids and our Grandkids. Happy new year all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Happy New Year folks. 

Anyone else got a food baby going on? 

Anyway, in true UK style January 2020 starts with no snow or cold in the reliable. 

Thankful I’m getting my fix from this, Heading to Montreal on Monday for 2 weeks. A city that has proper seasons. 

053EDA49-DFCB-432B-838E-56F29EC6800F.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
9 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Happy New Year folks. 

Anyway, in true UK style January 2020 starts with no snow or cold in the reliable. 

Thankful I’m getting my fix from this, Heading to Montreal on Monday for 2 weeks. A city that has proper seasons. 

I'm considering going there (Montreal) Xmas this year...good compared for snow to Toronto? Have a good one!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
8 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

I'm considering going there (Montreal) Xmas this year...good compared for snow to Toronto? Have a good one!

Hi FWTD,

Yes the cold & snow is usually pretty epic in Montreal with only the odd flirting mild spell where temps can creep up to high single figures but it doesn’t last long. 

Some of my family are still there and never migrated so I’m lucky enough to get my snow and sometimes summer fix (it’s hot in summer)

I go every winter and you are almost guaranteed to see snowfall.  

My older generation family who moved to London, are happy with our climate would you believe, never gets that cold and never gets that hot (outside exceptions) 

Although they still laugh at Brits, when apparently it’s bitter at 2c... that’s a mild winter day in a Montreal. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Happy New Year folks. 

Lovely city ❤️ At least you’ll see some snow there. Though Montreal should be colder than that by now, shows how crazy things are at the moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, Erdem said:

Well 8c here in Watford , quiet weather goes on 

A warm welcome to the forum Erdem. :oldsmile: Yes, quiet and uninspiring weather here too. When the wind picks up later (the forecast) it will feel rather chilly under the grey skies. But at least it's not raining allowing some drying after recent flooding. Looking like the rain makes a return next week though.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Blessed Weather said:

A warm welcome to the forum Erdem. :oldsmile: Yes, quiet and uninspiring weather here too. When the wind picks up later (the forecast) it will feel rather chilly under the grey skies. But at least it's not raining allowing some drying after recent flooding. Looking like the rain makes a return next week though.

Thank you blessed hoping for something more wintry for my time in Uk but not looking good .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sunny days!

I don't think I've ever entered this time of year without having the need to put on the central heating!  In some ways I find this quite shocking. I do miss some real seasonal cold, as we had a number of weeks ago now! 

• Like 1

Posted

Latest CFS model output is showing blocking around the 14th Jan. This will tie in with the NAO going negative around that time frame allowing bitter cold winds from the Arctic to flow down. This also ties in with climatologist David King's forecast ❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
7 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Latest CFS model output is showing blocking around the 14th Jan. This will tie in with the NAO going negative around that time frame allowing bitter cold winds from the Arctic to flow down. This also ties in with climatologist David King's forecast ❄️

Hi Yamkin,

Where can I find David Kings forecast please? Tried to find him on FB and Twitter but no joy. 

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Hi Yamkin,

Where can I find David Kings forecast please? Tried to find him on FB and Twitter but no joy. 

Hi Darkcloud, Here's David King's Winter 2019/20 link https://tinyurl.com/w6kcvnq 

PS............He does not use social media platforms!!! Also, I've been following his forecasts for years and he is very good!

Edited by yamkin
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another dreary grey day at Heathrow, but dry, so far. Back to Prague today where they are having a few chilly days, maximum temperature today there has been -2°C with -6°C first thing this morning.

Posted
18 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Hi Darkcloud, Here's David King's Winter 2019/20 link https://tinyurl.com/w6kcvnq 

PS............He does not use social media platforms!!! Also, I've been following his forecasts for years and he is very good!

Interesting reading , but it is already wrong and reads a bit in a fantasy way ?

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, yamkin said:

There looks nothing to suggest this even though it is nearly 2 weeks away , if you take ECM guidance to day 10 , a shift to a dramatic different pattern would be at least another week or so away . The deep PV and raised Euro Heights are hardest things to shift from my weather watching .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

No winter weather to speak off but i'm sure someone in the MOD thread will pick out a chart 10 days away that will never verify, that shows a blizzard It's the people who follow these posters who must really be disappointed with this winter, especially those who think these posters have superior knowledge to others.

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

No winter weather to speak off but i'm sure someone in the MOD thread will pick out a chart 10 days away that will never verify, that shows a blizzard It's the people who follow these posters who must really be disappointed with this winter, especially those who think these posters have superior knowledge to others.

I love snow, but I'm bored now of this relentless greyness, and looks like most of the first half of this month is written off to boot. It's all abit "meh".

Want blue sky and warmth now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Bogman said:

I love snow, but I'm bored now of this relentless greyness, and looks like most of the first half of this month is written off to boot. It's all abit "meh".

Want blue sky and warmth now.

If winter can't be seasonal then it can do one. Mild winters get on my goat

Posted
27 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

If winter can't be seasonal then it can do one. Mild winters get on my goat

Agreed.