Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Merry Christmas everyone, sorry for not being on here a lot. Very very busy, new job which I started in December and various other things have reduced me to “lurker” status.

lovely day today, completely trouble free with unbroken sunshine. I guess we could call that a miracle after all the rain have had.

oddly the disastrous winter of 13/14 had a similar lull on Christmas.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It has been a beautiful sunny day in South Ockendon. I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas day.????:snowman-emoji:⛄☃️❄️?️?️:reindeer-emoji::reindeer-emoji::snowman-emoji::cold::cold-emoji::cold::cold-emoji:

• Like 7

Posted

Hi all, hope you had a good Christmas. Although I love cold weather, I must confess I've found the very usable weather of the past few days very nice as we've been on some lovely walks in the sun without a biting wind. It's been good to get outdoors after endless rain and it was 30.c in the polytunnel yesterday afternoon! (well, you need a bit of allotment peace and quiet after visiting the relatives, doncha!)

Thames still high and fast and lethal-looking. 

I'm a bit glum now, though as it looks like endless dark cloud until the end of the holiday - how depressing. Was hoping for a day by the sea this coming week but it's never inspiring with a load of dark, low cloud.

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Not very exciting charts for the foreseeable future, very bland in fact and not wintry at all, for here and for much of Europe. The only good thing is that rainfall should not be quite as frequent and heavy, so the distinct threat of flooding in much of the region will now thankfully recede. We still have over 2 months of winter proper to go, so there’s plenty of time yet for a big change in the weather, I’ve seen it happen quite a few times in past winters. Hope everyone here is having a wonderful  Christmas, in the meantime ❤️ I’m working over both Christmas and the New Year but am making the best of it. Cheers to you all  

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

No doubt it will arrive in April

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

so there’s plenty of time yet for a big change in the weather, I’ve seen it happen quite a few times in past winters

Agree! but going by recent winters probably a bigger chance of it remaining mild, I read a piece I believe by TomSE (I might be wrong it might have been by someone else) detailing that if December was mild than more often than not the rest of the winter would continue to be which wasn't always the case even back in the 70's/80'/90's and even the noughties - this last 6 winters or so have been by and large gruesome!

Happy Xmas to all!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Agree! but going by recent winters probably a bigger chance of it remaining mild, I read a piece I believe by TomSE (I might be wrong it might have been by someone else) detailing that if December was mild than more often than not the rest of the winter would continue to be which wasn't always the case even back in the 70's/80'/90's and even the noughties - this last 6 winters or so have been by and large gruesome!

Happy Xmas to all!

We can but wait and see. Am certainly not writing winter off just yet, in England or in the Czech Republic, but even there there have only been a handful of frosts and chilly days, so far - unusually mild, in fact. It’s noteworthy that the endless rain of the last couple of months looks like being more sporadic for a while, at last ?? Signs of a pattern change? To what....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

So.... a Christmas discussion with the children today during our sejourn in Cornwall.... all revolves around Father Christmas..... if you don’t believe in the tooth fairy or the sandman or the Easter Bunny or Jack Frost and finally your faith in Father Christmas goes that’s not only meaning the end of presents from the big man but also means that winter will never be cold again.......

OK so which member of the MOD thread has stopped believing and stuffed us all over 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

So here we are. Mild and wet or cold and dry. The meh of winter weather. I can remember my dear old dad saying that to me growing up, having winter after winter with  next to nothing snow. 

maybe if it reaches 40c this year it will actually thunder in my village this time round.

Alexa was wrong this morning. It's been cloudy since I got up.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Hope you all had a good Christmas. Weather wise Christmas Day here on the South Coast was about as perfect as it could be in the abscence of snow. Wall to wall sunshine from dawn to dusk and barely a breeze.

Boxing Day was vile so you can't have it all.

Today ( Friday 27th ) was mild and dry so it was nice to sit on the seafront for a couple of hours. Lots of folk out and about enjoying the benign conditions.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It is 10:45 pm and there is creeping fog begin to form.  The cars are now starting to be covered with frost.  It has been at least over a year since there has been fog at night time.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Another delightful day...rather dull and grey and not a lot happening. I suppose it's better than incessant rain but that's not saying much!

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 2

Posted
53 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Another delightful day...rather dull and grey and not a lot happening. I suppose it's better than incessant rain but that's not saying much!

It is the same over here in South Ockendon, such a let down after the beautiful foggy night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just cloud today. Don't know if Alexa was right or wrong, throat was too sore to ask.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

I spent Christmas with friends in Fairlight, East Sussex and they happened to mention an event which struck that small village back in July 2007 so I did a bit of searching on the internet. I came up with this.

JPHO-masthead-share-img.png
WWW.HASTINGSOBSERVER.CO.UK

FAIRLIGHT bore the brunt of Sunday's savage storm.

Digging a bit deeper I found these posts on Netweather which include some great first hand reports from folk who witnessed what seems to have a spectacular storm.

I believe some of the posters back then are still on Netweather, it would be interesting to hear from them.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I remember this well, 1st time I had ever seen clouds rotating so fast, fantastic supacell, hail stones galore, constant lightning, looked amazing as it moved away, the evening sun really illuminated the rear of the storm, it remained visible for ages afterwards, I just stood outside my house looking at it, high in.the sky over Rye hospital

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

This will keep all the model forum crying yet again.... astonishing temperature in Scotland at 3am...

9B5128A1-AA8B-4553-B2B2-6C56E050E275.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Amazing the temperature in Scotland but is it me but last Wednesday the bbc were forecasting temperatures of 13 and 14 for this weekend yet yesterday we had a maximum of just 8.1 and currently today we are up to 7.1 so would estimate we are looking at about 8 again.I know it is not exactly cold but in this part of the world what was forecast and what has happened has been quite stark

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Beautiful day here today. 

The crap winter charts are the least of my worries. I’ve actually managed 24hrs with no rainfall for the first time in what feels like months! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A spectacular sunset tonight here in Suffolk. In the first photo the sun is about to dip below the horizon. In the second one, taken several minutes later, the sun's final hurrah was to light up the underneath of this afternoon's patchy cloud.

242006567_Sunset129Dec.thumb.jpg.7cd524fca6cdff72e29205eed2b53237.jpg 852869069_Sunset229Dec.thumb.jpg.5783ba4ab3e05894977ad4c076453d73.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

A beautiful sunset indeed has been a brilliant year for them they say aerosols released high into stratosphere from eruption of Russian volcano in summer have resulted in such vibrant colours. In scattering blue light.

• Like 3

Posted

It is a strange morning weather wise, as there is frost on top of the cars and some of the roofs but nothing on the lawns, shrubs and trees.  The temperature is 5.7 Celsius and humidity is at 75%.  The barometric pressure had been rising but it is now falling again and it is down to 1026.7.  The time is 08:23 am.  There is a fine mist forming and so as my late Dad would call it froggy weather.