Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
On 16/12/2019 at 18:37, Ben Lewis said:

Darren Bett just on the BBC1 news evening weather. 

Gleaming smile and upbeat voice because it turns wet, windy and mild AGAIN this week. 

Is he aware that most of the UK is saturated with surface water and bogged landscape, irritating tw*t!! 

What's with the BBC weather presenters and their obsession with it being mild, even if it means non stop rain. Stav grins too when he says those magic words....'at least it will be mild.'

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 3

Posted

So it seems we in Wycombe are under a weather warning for rain from now until Friday lunchtime. Some very big puddles around already. I have a metal standalone bird feeder and it keeps leaning to about 20 degrees because the ground is sodden.

We've had two Christmas fairs either restricted or cancelled in recent weeks because overflow car parks can't cope due to saturation.

And when it rains, the humidity in our flat shoots up, even with a dehumidifier on and a regime of anti-humidity measures. I just don't know why. The worse thing is the flat starts to smell like mushroom soup when it does, I can only assume it's mildew. Cheap and crappy 80's flats, I'm so desperate to move.

Sorry for the whine, just fed up of the dark days and rain.

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
3 hours ago, lassie23 said:

at least it will be mild

It makes no sense for people in the media to say this in these times of global warming yet the Beeb and particularly that ITV lady with the drastic arm manoeuvres annoyingly stick to this mentality, we should be embracing colder conditions. Largely with mild comes cloud and rain barring a few exceptions. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
10 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

It makes no sense for people in the media to say this in these times of global warming yet the Beeb and particularly that ITV lady with the drastic arm manoeuvres annoyingly stick to this mentality, we should be embracing colder conditions. Largely with mild comes cloud and rain barring a few exceptions. 

I get your point and am hoping for some colder, sunny days with frosts and fogs, if not some snow, soon. But if it’s going to chuck it down for weeks (or months) on end, then I’d rather it was mild as it doesn’t feel quite so awful and keeps the bills down.

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, lassie23 said:

What's with the BBC weather presenters and their obsession with it being mild, even if it means non stop rain. Stav grins too when he says those magic words....'at least it will be mild.'

Sorry a thought of Stavros Flatley from bgt fame popped into my head when u said Stav

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

Sorry a thought of Stavros Flatley from bgt fame popped into my head when u said Stav

lol it is only a matter of time before he presents the weather 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Just seen the BBC 1 evening news forecast. 

Relentless rain over the next 48hrs in the form of bands sweeping up from the south. Really worrying - the surface water here just laying dormant almost, with nowhere to go. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

I enjoyed the brief interlude from the rain this afternoon by spending a couple of hours on the seafront at St Leonards on Sea. 

The rain has now returned and the forecast for the next few days looks grim

IMG_20191218_185141.jpg

IMG_20191218_185016.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I live in hope, that 1 day it will stop raining, the fields are waterlogged, river's are dangerously high, at least being 220 odd feet asl, I shouldn't get flooded if the river goes over

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowrye said:

I live in hope, that 1 day it will stop raining, the fields are waterlogged, river's are dangerously high, at least being 220 odd feet asl, I shouldn't get flooded if the river goes over

the  next 3  days are not looking at all nice to say  the least  plus we  got a weather warning 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

So far here in St Leonards on Sea the worst of the weather has yet to reach us. It's been mild and dry for much of the day with sporadic rain arriving late in the evening.

Last week I bought myself an Amazon Echo Show 8 and it's great for listening to music and worldwide radio stations etc but when it comes to local weather news and alerts it's not something I would consider relying on by a long stretch.

It's been regularly showing me a Flood Alert for the Hastings area for the last few days, but doesn't go into any detail at all, even when asked. When asked again this evening all it tells me is there is a " Flood alert in effect" in St Leonards on Sea.

I  think I'll stick to the music options for now ( which are very good in all fairness )

Posted

It is has been raining here virtually non stop since 6pm no relent coming soon December is rapidly becoming a very wet month and that long rainfall deficit must be becoming history.

7CDF6BF1-0FE7-4CAC-AA52-97F657D8FEBB.thumb.png.ed8ce12d8c3641200763f44251f7c551.png

• Like 3

Lots of people in and around my area are starting to get concerned with a repeat of 2013/2014 flooding.. we are a little way of those kinds of levels but if we continue the way we are then it won't be long into the new year before major flooding starts unfolding. Im currently in a flood watch for the local river... 

Called it end of September early October.. Mother nature loves to balance herself out... 

• Like 2

Posted

Nice sunny day in London with temperature of 13c.Springlike.

Maybe some more rain a bit later but nothing too bad. 

No need to fret over flooding etc. No need to build an arc just yet guys.  

Posted
17 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Just seen the BBC 1 evening news forecast. 

Relentless rain over the next 48hrs in the form of bands sweeping up from the south. Really worrying - the surface water here just laying dormant almost, with nowhere to go. 

but at least it will me mild

Posted
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Where is this sun you speak of? You may just be one of lucky ones. Dull and very mild 12.6C.

Posted

That sunshine will not last had sunshine too but now cloudy with plenty of rain to come particularly during the latter part of tonight with heavy rain perhaps some torrential downpours mixed in at times. 

Edited by jordan smith

Posted

I built my arc out of Paper mache, wish me luck

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I am in a Flood risk too, but it's more for beddie, the river is a fair distance from me and will get the field first. 

1. Next door and her new BF came home again at 3am this morning and woke us up banging her door and thinking its funny.

2. I am awaiting, finally, last lot of presents.

3. It is blimin' raining again

4. I'm ill.

5. House across from us is having it's en-suite re-done and for the past 3 days, quite lonely, has been a toilet on the path. It's christmas, I may go and give it a hug.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Deluge conditions here in Surrey the River Mole is lapping against the pavement on the high street at the back of the Ivy Brasserie flooding might be an issue later ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Radar image from  earlier... Looks quite the feature!

B8092F01-5A99-46C6-AB8D-F802259B8B6F.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like the rain missed most of the south east, was that meant to be the main event?