Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There is a stratus overcast sky which is making it dull and dank day.  The temperature is at 11°C and humidity is at 80%. Visibility is poor as there is patchy mist.  The barometric pressure has been steadily rising and is at 1001.2 at  09:54. I do not mind rain but I do not like the fine drizzle.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Finishing the garden off today - made the decision to strip the leaves off the tree rather than wait for the mush!

All tidy now !

CD4B79FE-2956-4E35-A0C0-F60568676332.thumb.jpeg.04ccc6a361f1c3b1cf759786c947d9bf.jpeg

Whats that thing there - your missus's wedding dress?

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

Finishing the garden off today - made the decision to strip the leaves off the tree rather than wait for the mush!

All tidy now !

CD4B79FE-2956-4E35-A0C0-F60568676332.thumb.jpeg.04ccc6a361f1c3b1cf759786c947d9bf.jpeg

How do you fit in such a tiny house?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Finally we hit our first day of double digits here in Locksbottom for over 3 weeks.maxed out at 11.5 and in a bit of afternoon sunshine very pleasant it was too.Nice the heating didn’t come on today for first time this month and could do with a few more days where it doesn’t come on as cost an absolute fortune compared to last few November’s where it has barely come on!.Better make most of the next 3 days as if Mod thread is right it looks like getting colder by Thursday/Friday...suppose it is 1st December next Sunday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, steveinsussex said:

Makes the snow appear a lot deeper!

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Makes the snow appear a lot deeper!

So when Steve says the snow is up to his letterbox we know why....

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

All tidy now !

Are you hanging that ghost until it's (truly) dead?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
2 hours ago, steveinsussex said:

He is a Borrower, so actually it’s a mansion for him and the family!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Miserable today, grey gloom and drizzle  

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes my goodness, the different shades of grey that have been on offer over the last couple of days just don’t do it for me! Plays havoc with the hair all this mizzle, thankfully  I’m not in the kind of job where being ‘well presented’ is a requirement, I’d have a P45 in my hand before the sun was anywhere near setting! Makes me want to get my Christmas lights up now just for a bit of cheer. I was up in London last Thursday evening walked from Victoria station to All souls Langham place, and the lights on display were very up lifting and beautiful, the hideous crowds round Oxford Circus ruined it a bit though!! It’s nice to have the log burner on that is nice and cheery. I’m pinning my hopes on some sunny cold weather at some point in the next two weeks..?! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It's gone from the prospect of raging blizzards to, at least we will have a bit of frost that looks like snow, in the MOD thread

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It's gone from the prospect of raging blizzards to, at least we will have a bit of frost that looks like snow, in the MOD thread

Is that from last year, this year, or two years or more back?

Same lemon, different year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
13 minutes ago, Bogman said:

Is that from last year, this year, or two years or more back?

Same lemon, different year.

it applies to as far back as to when  i joined lol

Posted
30 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

That's what happens if you follow the GFS run by run like they ALL do in that thread and no doubt it brings some good cold stuff at times but if you haven't been looking at that model you'll wonder what all the commotion has been about. I've just been looking at the ecm and nothing else, maybe a chance of some 'wintryness' at the weekend and then a northerly toppler...I actually like the less stress free way of following 1 model.

Didn't TEITS say last winter (though he posts far less now) that he saves himself the bother of getting wound up by not bothering to look beyond day 6/7 and rarely looks at 06z/18z runs (something like that).

• Like 4

Posted

just  looking  at the bbc  weather  looking  very damp  !!  to say the least  for us

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Hot and sultry here in Suffolk today with the temp up to 32.9C and 100% humidity. Well at least that was according to a malfunctioning weather station! :oldsmile:

252740345_Radmac25Nov2019.thumb.jpg.dee9562400ac02a644aeeeb503275c0b.jpg

The reality was a miserable, drizzly day with a high of 10.3C and zero sunshine according to my local Met Office station. In terms of weather, November is my least favourite month and I think the stats out next week will show this one to have been wetter and colder than average.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
11 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Indeed SB. 5 consecutive days here in St Leonards on Sea with zero sunshine and copious amounts of drizzle interspersed with heavy showers. This evening saw some of the heaviest rainfall during that time.

The only 'saving grace' is that the temperature has reached double figures for the last 4 days so at least I can turn the heating off for now. I can't be the only person who finds this type of weather depressing surely ?

• Like 6

Posted
29 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

I think the stats out next week will show this one to have been wetter and colder than average.

Yes agree...but in this part of the world not that much colder than average I would imagine, but feels like it due to recent Novembers being mild!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 hours ago, bluebell said:

Yes my goodness, the different shades of grey that have been on offer over the last couple of days just don’t do it for me! Plays havoc with the hair all this mizzle, thankfully  I’m not in the kind of job where being ‘well presented’ is a requirement, I’d have a P45 in my hand before the sun was anywhere near setting! Makes me want to get my Christmas lights up now just for a bit of cheer. I was up in London last Thursday evening walked from Victoria station to All souls Langham place, and the lights on display were very up lifting and beautiful, the hideous crowds round Oxford Circus ruined it a bit though!! It’s nice to have the log burner on that is nice and cheery. I’m pinning my hopes on some sunny cold weather at some point in the next two weeks..?! 

That’s one thing that lifts the spirits in our oft dismal late Autumn-early Winter climate - Christmas lights! Love them. Will be putting up my tree, lights and decorations this week You’re so lucky having a log burner, lovely  

• Like 6

Posted
26 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

Indeed SB. 5 consecutive days here in St Leonards on Sea with zero sunshine and copious amounts of drizzle interspersed with heavy showers. This evening saw some of the heaviest rainfall during that time.

The only 'saving grace' is that the temperature has reached double figures for the last 4 days so at least I can turn the heating off for now. I can't be the only person who finds this type of weather depressing surely ?

Yes, it has turned milder so that’s a small compensation for the endless grey grot. You certainly are not the only person that finds this type of weather depressing. Hopefully, something brighter on the way, soon.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 5