Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
26 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Get ready for it because its about to fire up!! 

Back to business as usual. Soaking wet days beckon

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
30 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Quite.. Did enjoy the crisp mornings and sunny days last week.. 

Not a fan of this nothing weather like today.. At least there is some weather with a good storm.. Just keep them a few at a time not this constant train.. 

Exactly, it's the nothingness that drains the spirit, rather a good storm than endless mild/cold but not proper cold, dry and cloudy dross.  Variety is the best weather outcome, throw it all into the mix!

Edited by James1979
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well it’s been a bit Harry Tatters again here in Locksbottom.max temp of just 4.5 degrees and felt raw in the south east wind but at least it was dry.only one day out of 21 days of november has hit 10 degrees or more here which in recent years is unheard of.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, James1979 said:

Exactly, it's the nothingness that drains the spirit, rather a good storm than endless mild/cold but not proper cold, dry and cloudy dross.  Variety is the best weather outcome, throw it all into the mix!

We’ve had 4/5 days of dry weather, 2 of those included frost mornings and beautiful sunrises this week. Today was cloudy and cold after weeks of cold rain and floods. How can 1 day of nothingness drain the spirit? For folk that work outside (me) and to all the homes and businesses flooded this week has raised our spirits. 

Not much variety so far this autumn, the game leader is cold rain, grey and miserable. Default reset tomorrow.... 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Ben Lewis said:

We’ve had 4/5 days of dry weather, 2 of those included frost mornings and beautiful sunrises this week. Today was cloudy and cold after weeks of cold rain and floods. How can 1 day of nothingness drain the spirit? For folk that work outside (me) and to all the homes and businesses flooded this week has raised our spirits. 

Not much variety so far this autumn, the game leader is cold rain, grey and miserable. Default reset tomorrow.... 

We've had day after day of cloud and nothing much else lately after the wetter spell where I am and down into london, a couple of sunny and frosty mornings lately which has been lovely and seasonal. I'm just not a fan of layers of cloud, dry and nowt else sorry. We had a bit more rain than usual in october imby and about 2 years of dry before that and I wont feel guilty for liking the rain like you want me to, I wouldn't wish flooding on anyone at all but I quite like variety in the weather and that includes rain. It also doesn't stop me going out and doing stuff. Not sure how else I can explain that to you tbh, same as people who like tornado shouldn't feel guilty for chasing them. I like active weather, you like dry and hot, so what? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

4.9c max here 

current 3.7

CET must be tumbling!

Unusual we are colder than you up there.I have a mate in West Kingsdown and as a rule of thumb he is normally 0.5-1 degree colder owing to altitude.Really felt like mid January today!!

10 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

Unusual we are colder than you up there.I have a mate in West Kingsdown and as a rule of thumb he is normally 0.5-1 degree colder owing to altitude.Really felt like mid January today!!

The elevation sometimes not a cold if cold air is sinking !

Posted
1 hour ago, James1979 said:

We've had day after day of cloud and nothing much else lately after the wetter spell where I am and down into london, a couple of sunny and frosty mornings lately which has been lovely and seasonal. I'm just not a fan of layers of cloud, dry and nowt else sorry. We had a bit more rain than usual in october imby and about 2 years of dry before that and I wont feel guilty for liking the rain like you want me to, I wouldn't wish flooding on anyone at all but I quite like variety in the weather and that includes rain. It also doesn't stop me going out and doing stuff. Not sure how else I can explain that to you tbh, same as people who like tornado shouldn't feel guilty for chasing them. I like active weather, you like dry and hot, so what? 

Fair dos. 

I wasn’t getting you to like anything just pointing out when you said like ‘variety’ yet your downbeat when it’s not raining or storming for a few days. 

anyhoo.. the rains back tomorrow and your definitely living in the right country for it 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Never pointless lass ! I’ve just defrosted from being up north

lol was it flooded

Posted

I've just been in the MOD thread and got a headache lol. I try to learn things in there but honestly I just end up more confused. I wish there was a manual about the charts, what each one is, when it comes out, how to read them, what to look for in relation to getting cold to the UK, and how that might feed into the actual weather etc etc. I find the learning area just doesn't cover it.

@Steve Murr if you fancied writing an online guide, I'd buy it  lol

Anyway yesterday was only 5oC all day and very fresh in the brisk wind. Def felt like mid January. Here's to an eventful winter in the SE and lots of snow  

Have a great weekend everyone.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Yesterday's temperature was 4° C with a light wind and some bright periods.  There was fine drizzle from 10pm and at 8 am the back garden looked very wet.  It finally stopped raining at 10:00 am. Last night's rain was not forecasted for Thurrock.  I think Thurrock must have it's own micro climate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
19 hours ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Never pointless lass ! I’ve just defrosted from being up north

looking chilly up north end of the week 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Yesterday morning everyone in the mod thread were buzzing as a 'special cold spell' was brewing, will it be replaced by zonal crap as usual, come this afternoon

• Like 3

Posted

Cloudy all day and a whopping 2mm of drizzle yesterday. 

Cloudy today and drizzlesque.

Am I allowed to have drained spirits yet? What utter dross. 

• Like 1

Posted

Miserable day here. 

Dark with slate grey skies and wet everywhere. At least last week was dull but dry. 

Hoping a whopping HP sets up over us for beginning of December to send the rain away, if it isn’t going to snow and turn colder. 

• Like 1

Posted

Grey damp day with light drizzle and light rain on and off all day but still only reached 9.7 degrees so yet another day here that didn’t reach 10!,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

11.6c max here today, the first double digit day since the 7th, but pretty murky and damp (everything everybody hates about Novembers).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Historical weather events. ❤ the seasons! Winters crisp snow!

Still hoping on cold. Must admit warm damp @ lingfield racecourse today.☔20191123_120005.thumb.jpg.f4f78df4cd3e84512a0f95839f0160d9.jpg

This time next week cold will just be digging in ❄

image.webp

Edited by icykev
  • Like 4