Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
3 hours ago, tinybill said:

just  a little thing to keep a eye on  possible snow for our area on thuesday!!

gfs-2-126.png

really!?!...I'll believe it when I see it and I'm not sure those precipip charts are that reliable, you say thuesday? is that Tuesday and Thursday?

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

really!?!...I'll believe it when I see it and I'm not sure those precipip charts are that reliable, you say thuesday? is that Tuesday and Thursday?

He mean't Thursday. 

Edited by jordan smith

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
5 hours ago, tinybill said:

just  a little thing to keep a eye on  possible snow for our area on thuesday!!

gfs-2-126.png

I'm already getting jealous over seeing all the snow pictures on twitter out Wales way today, I don't need any more encouragement to start ramping this early! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Pouring down here. 

Desperate for a break from this relentless rain and it’s only beginning of November.
5 more months of this.... 

• Like 1

Posted

it  will be interesting   to see how far east this front go before it stall    the bbc  are talking about possible flooding problems  in the south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The temperature at 17:15 is 8.6°C and the humidity is at 74%.  The barometric pressure has been lowering and it is set at 999.7 hPa.  The readings have been taken from my radio controlled weather station.  There has been light rain in the late afternoon which started at 2:30 pm and finished at 4pm.

Edited by Katrine Basso
Add more information

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The time 6:15 pm and it is still raining.  The rain is light but continuous.  My five large planters are being drowned in rain water. The temperature has slightly raised and is at 8.7°C and the humidity has increased from 74% to 75%. The  barometric pressure is still continue to fall and it is at 999.7 hPa.

• Like 1

Posted

Even it is raining, it has not stopped Fireworks from being left off. The fireworks sound like a low rumble of bangs with intermittent fizzy sounds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Bubs school project this term has been Vikings, but I have had zero interest in messing with cardboard and glue. Thought I had till next Friday but turns out it's this Monday so I've knocked out a viking helmet in two days  to go with Hubs axe and shield and I'm quite pleased how it looks. Took a Big cardboard box out in the garden so I could put glossing spray on it and left it outside. Then it started to rain and the box i need to but some christmas in is still outside wet.I must of walked past the window 3 times. Kinda sums it up. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

According to the posters in the MOD thread, 'the trend is our friend'

Oh. So it's still gonna be mild winter with cold and dry? ugh. Don't like that friend much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
30 minutes ago, Dami said:

Oh. So it's still gonna be mild winter with cold and dry? ugh. Don't like that friend much.

My friend would be some actual winter weather, we get rain all year round but snow is a rarity that adds interest to our pretty tedious climate and you can only get it for a limited time only, barring a new Ice Age.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

So much rain here this evening! It has mainly ranged from <Moderate-moderate on my scale, but we actually had an intense yet very brief burst a few Minutes ago. Combe Haven River is under a flood watch from the Environment Agency.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
53 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

So much rain here this evening! It has mainly ranged from <Moderate-moderate on my scale, but we actually had an intense yet very brief burst a few Minutes ago. Combe Haven River is under a flood watch from the Environment Agency.

The rain didn't reach us here until late aftenoon/early evening but has certainly made up for it since, now approaching 20mm's locally but according to the radar it should be easing off soon. Rye Bonfire and Firework display might have been a bit of washout though.

Cuckmere Haven has been flooded for the last few weeks but it's a natural flood plain so nature just doing it's job in that respect.

• Like 1

Posted

becarefull  lot of standing water  about on the roads

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Wouldn't surprise me if we had a bit of snow early doors this year, we are due it and I can picture the chaos now with Christmas markets being cancelled and shopping days reduced!

looking elsewhere it's quite impressive seeing pretty much the whole of Canada covered in snow this early, not been done since 2005. The lower-latitudes are certainly cooling fast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Plenty wet out and about. 

Snow in Wales appeared on some relatives Facebook over the weekend. Jealous doesn't sum it up!

• Like 1

Posted

You couldn't make it up that on Take home task Monday it was raining and i had to fashion a cover for the helmet, shield and axe. And a bit blowy too. And a bit cold because of it. Then when i'm home out pops the sun.

Posted

You also couldn't make it up that at exactly 3:04pm there was a heavy rain/hail shower when I needed to go on the school run.  

nice one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Chilly air mass over us today with the air at 850hPa (approx 1,500m) down to -3C. It certainly felt chilly in the breeze despite the temp down on the ground getting up to 9.4C. Today's temp graph line showed the occluded front passing through around 08.30 am, and then at around 11.30 am some heavy showery rain moved through and it was noticeable how they temporarily pulled the temp down by a couple of degrees. Max gust today 30mph at lunchtime and rainfall 5.1mm.

850hPa temps: 1784554000_GFS850hPa11Nov.thumb.GIF.0c6f67bc5e86d576df271fe2c5a80ca9.GIF Temp graph line: 1195329097_TempGraph11Nov.thumb.jpg.046fdbe679781aedf749197481d3e79f.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I hope Malcolm (B.W) has no objection but thought I would take a light hearted look at the mounting hysteria on that Thread, on the other part of the Forum.

As is normally the case at this time of Year, we have a plethora of opposing views!!

The Government via the Met Office, are firmly in the BRR - Exit Camp.

The Leader of the Opposition, Piers Corbyn, has formed an Alliance with opposing Parties, this includes James Madden of Exacta (Exaggerating Cold Theme Activists) and Nathan Rao (Daily Mail, Government Rebel). These individuals, are all Remaining Coldies.

The Government have already launched their Pre-Winter Campaign, via FLOSEA (Forget Looking Over Scandinavia and Europe for snow Advance). 

IMO, there's only one individual who can sort out this mess!!

image.thumb.png.1e94f1f850ba547b2ef1d93a0240c587.png Division, clear the Mad Thread.

Let's hope the Snows (or Ice) to the Left, have it!!

Regards,

Tom.  :hi: :cold:

• Like 6

Posted

So the charts are going away from the cold?

Never mind. It's quite sunny and cold atm. Nice and refreshing.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

You'd have thought after all these years, that those in the mad thread would not get so worked up, I have nowhere near the knowledge that most of them have in there, but even I understand that all the while north america is in the freezer, it will rain here

• Like 4