Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
38 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

The barometric pressure has slightly raised to 978.3 hPa, despite the low barometric pressure readings yesterday, wind gusts did not exceed 30 miles per hour.  It is a slightly cooler day, today as the temperature is 9.8°C and the humidity has lowered slightly from 74% down to 72%.  In the past in Thurrock when the winds have been stronger,  a met warning was not given.

still got  a  barometic    pressure  of  972  here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
12 hours ago, Fitzwis said:

Taken from the web ... source unknown. But if verified, some very impressive readings from this morning indeed 

Max gusts from un-named storm 03.11.19.jpg

Thank you for posting these, I can quite believe it. I heard they did get a high reading from the needles on the isle of white. It carried on raining well in to the night and in to the early morning. It’s a beautiful day here now.  It’s 12 and 982mb 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

What a contrast to yesterday today is! Beautiful still sunny morning. Felt warm when out doing the horse this morning although it read 10.2C. The fields are absolutely waterlogged though and a lot of debris down on the lanes.

Hoping for some frosty misty mornings now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
16 hours ago, all weather said:

Wind warning yes, but there was no warning for the rain which i think was the main issue with Kate1, esp due to intensity.

Fair comment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

So I’ve just been to Fuetreventura... Cool, eh? Anyway, I have some photos and experiences to share!

So, as you may have seen from a fairly recent post of mine, I essentially killed two birds with one stone, in the fact that I flew and went abroad for the first time in my life simultaneously! Yay!

So When I eventually arrived at around 21:00, I was hit by a wave of steamy, tropical air; Unbeknownst to me at the time, I had just missed a large thunderstorm. On the coach trip to our hotel resort location, I thought I had imagined the lightning flashes that eventually proved to be real. I saw two, over the sea in the distance.

When I got to the hotel, I just slept. I was absolutely exhausted after all the travelling, as you can imagine (We also had an hours taxi journey to Gatwick).

Fast forward to two days later, and I had got used to everything very easily; The layout of the hotel complex, the food, the sights. I quite enjoyed going in the pool, too. This came in handy, as the temperature ranged from 25-28c the entire time I was there. On the 3rd night, we went for a long walk across the barren, desolate sand dunes. My intent was to stargaze. However, Light pollution just came along and said: ‘You know what? I think you’re a bit too content. Let me just throw in a dash of disappointment...’ So yeah. Quite frustrating, as we just so happened to be situated on the most light-polluted part of the island. But it wasn’t too bad, as it was an interesting and refreshing walk, and we had fun along the way.

I also managed to play football quite a bit, as there is a sporting area on site. Anyway, the food was average. There was plenty of it (I ate for England, as per usual!), but it was all a bit generic. I mostly gobbled on onion rings, Ice cream, cheese and crackers, spaghetti carbonara, and sweet pastries during breakfast. Unfortunately the meat proved to be dodgy; I stayed clear from it (I always do in a place I’m not familiar with), and was fine. However, two people from my family became ill. 

The flight back was cool! It was dark by the time we were up in the air, and as we traversed across the Bay of Biscay, a dazzling array of stars appeared in the night sky! It was so good at one point, I thought I saw a small portion the Milky Way!! Obviously it wasn’t as good as if you were on the ground and looking directly above you, but it was still mesmerising to me.

We got back to the UK at ~00:45, and didn’t get home until ~01:30. I, however, didn’t sleep until ~05:00 inexplicably. Anyway, enjoy my photos provided!  

AB4F2087-E07D-4286-AE95-C01E3DF1D974.jpeg

E6AD67F5-5A53-4A60-A561-490585E23576.jpeg

54B8BAFF-9015-411A-9834-CD9B186FE5BA.jpeg

676FC6BE-A644-45FA-91C2-B9CE9386488B.jpeg

489EAB25-B2E6-44B4-9037-EFEFDA9DA765.jpeg

C3C9F379-0692-4E11-88C4-A1446985F719.jpeg

6F410B2B-DEB6-4D19-89E5-522677033F9D.jpeg

7D04A433-B8A3-434C-B5E9-73E0D909D703.jpeg

2899BF4B-B119-435A-907B-94F16C141313.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Been very fortunate and blessed with calm dry weather for the Icklesham bonfire, it all seemed to go really well. I got to do the parade this year, I normally have to Marshall so it made a nice change!

9273F589-5799-4B10-AE8D-5E2D8174E3BE.jpeg

059CEEFB-BEBD-4361-A4AA-5A85C0E13971.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Quite pleasant as we sat on a fence watching some fireworks. Wasn't that cold at all. 

• Like 1

Posted

coul be a lot of standing water  about  to day and looking at the gfs  for the week more  rain to come!!

8 minutes ago, tinybill said:

coul be a lot of standing water  about  to day and looking at the gfs  for the week more  rain to come!!

Doesn't actually look that bad compared to last week.. In fact it looks dry compared to last week apart from Thursday Friday where it looks like a low pressure stalls and sinks south but details all over the place.. 

Nothing unusual... less than 10mm in places upto Friday

528051703_raintotals.thumb.jpg.0da7dad22e04337a7972acee82faf2f1.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

ECM for the next week or so looks terrible!!...continuous low pressure being disrupted south eastwards over the country with heights to the north (though we never experience much of the cold air) and getting stuck, all I can say is make the best of any sunshine as there looks like many rainy days ahead (as if we haven't had many in the last month).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
1 hour ago, Team Squirrel said:

Hello little gritter, what are you doing down my road so far from the depot on a day like today,eh? Trial run?

IMG_20191104_135754384.jpg

Lets hope so TS.....but if and when it does Snow, do not turn left at the mini roundabout!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

Hello little gritter, what are you doing down my road so far from the depot on a day like today,eh? Trial run?

IMG_20191104_135754384.jpg

They come out around my neck of the woods at the drop of a hat or when they believe it will drop to below 5c...must be all the stockpiled salt over the last 6 winters!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

I was hoping my attempt to post some photos/video of Rock a Nore, Hastings on Saturday November 2nd would work but failed once again. I really am useless with this technology thing.

One last try :

Edited by SenlacJack
  • Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

I was hoping my attempt to post some photos/video of Rock a Nore, Hastings on Saturday November 2nd would work but failed once again. I really am useless with this technology thing.

One last try :

Great video! I adore walking across the seafront when it’s like this!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
4 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

One last try :

Thats a great video- I was gutted I had to work that day otherwise I would have been at Rock a Nore myself !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
6 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

One last try :

Nice capture

• Like 1

Posted
16 hours ago, Snoopie42 said:

Lets hope so TS.....but if and when it does Snow, do not turn left at the mini roundabout!!!

There's nothing the residents of Flackwell Heath like more than telling you they're snowed in and can't get down any of the hills. To be fair it has a chippy and four pubs and the best sledging, I'd stay put too.

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The cliches are out nice and early in the MOD thread this year, but before we can 'get another bite of the cherry' 'we need to get the cold in first' even though the 'charts are a thing of beauty'

It will all probably end in a mild drizzle fest like usual

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Yes it’s moderately exhausting reading the mod thread already this year all the highs and lows , people alluding to them knowing something no one else does , the ubiquitous nae bad phrase , the 3 amigos all likening each other’s posts !! Yes it’s going to be a long winter one way or another ...

Edited by Badgers01
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Yes it’s moderately exhausting reading the mod thread already this year all the highs and lows , people alluding to them knowing something no one else does , the ubiquitous nae bad phrase , the 3 amigos all likening each other’s posts !! Yes it’s going to be a long winter one way or another ...

lol yes that thread could do without the Amigo invasion

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Badgers01 said:

Interesting comment Badgers01, in your opinion who do you consider as giving out fairly reliable information?  I have always gone for Steve Murr and Carinthian, they can’t always be right but their take is entertaining even if I don’t understand all the technicalities.

Posted

Scenic cloud scapes today! Photos taken by me today.

CE3BEB73-295E-4180-9B45-CC3AE8D54524.jpeg

65FDFCE6-BD78-4378-9215-B149FCE273AD.jpeg

75A976A5-B09B-4CB3-9572-336D362CC145.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
13 minutes ago, Sharpedge said:

Interesting comment Badgers01, in your opinion who do you consider as giving out fairly reliable information?  I have always gone for Steve Murr and Carinthian, they can’t always be right but their take is entertaining even if I don’t understand all the technicalities.

Gosh I couldn’t possibly comment ! 

I still read the mod thread nonetheless !!

• Like 2