Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Wow take a look at your Barometers my has plunged to 983 in less than two hours ........there be a storm coming ..there be !!

So why has this one not got a name ? reckon we may see an Amber warning soon?

• Like 2

Posted
10 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

Just catching up with forecasts and yes tomorrow is looking tricky - wonder if it will be named ? So often we have had more disruptive weather when the storms haven’t been named ?!!

Storm David named by France was a classic example. UK met didnt think it was severe enough to name. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Up early just pulled the  cover over the swimming pool was expecting it to be tricky conditions but it’s actually bright and calm here inland , 10c but pressure is low at just 972 mb ... they canx the farmers market in Walton-on-Thames because of the expected winds later !?

Edited by Badgers01

Posted
4 hours ago, jordan smith said:

Storm David named by France was a classic example. UK met didnt think it was severe enough to name. 

still quiet  here!! but my main worry will be for some just looking  ay the gfs is the amount  of rain coming even deep into fantasy world  and the flooding in the country

• Like 1

Posted

just looked  at the radar  they nasty looking not looking  very nice on our side  at all

• Like 1

Posted

High ways  have said due  to bigh winds our Orwell bridge will be shuting at 9  appox I live near ig its pretty lack lusty at there at  the    moment  but looking at the radar I think will  need to batten down it's looking a bit   wild on our side of  the  band

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tinybill said:

High ways  have said due  to bigh winds our Orwell bridge will be shuting at 9  appox I live near ig its pretty lack lusty at there at  the    moment  but looking at the radar I think will  need to batten down it's looking a bit   wild on our side of  the  band

Woke up at 6AM and you wouldn't know a storm was coming..2 hours later.. Clear blue skies and not a breath of wind has turned to overcast heavy rain and the wind is picking up very quickly.. Going to get pretty nasty in a few hours... 

THIS IS NOT MY PHOTO LINK FOR FULL DESCRIPTION BELOW

1604469044_storm2.thumb.png.0ca3d3ecafcdb9a07bb6652017ac2bcc.png

https://www.severe-weather.eu/outlooks-day1/outlook-day1-valid-02-11-2019-mk/?fbclid=IwAR0zdz1aX28x32KLRmpD2k_VWkaFoKkjMaZs94eOViPFEnWXRNcKqrsuFDQ

What makes this storm worse is it is actually still deepening as it crosses us .. not by much only a few MB but it means it will maintain its strength while it crosses the country 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Thunderstorms, Wind
8 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Woke up at 6AM and you wouldn't know a storm was coming..2 hours later.. Clear blue skies and not a breath of wind has turned to overcast heavy rain and the wind is picking up very quickly.. Going to get pretty nasty in a few hours... 

THIS IS NOT MY PHOTO LINK FOR FULL DESCRIPTION BELOW

1604469044_storm2.thumb.png.0ca3d3ecafcdb9a07bb6652017ac2bcc.png

https://www.severe-weather.eu/outlooks-day1/outlook-day1-valid-02-11-2019-mk/?fbclid=IwAR0zdz1aX28x32KLRmpD2k_VWkaFoKkjMaZs94eOViPFEnWXRNcKqrsuFDQ

What makes this storm worse is it is actually still deepening as it crosses us .. not by much only a few MB but it means it will maintain its strength while it crosses the country 

Yes, still very still here in south east London, strange eerie feeling, just seeing the first leaves rustle.

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah the rain band is defined and sharp. Could these be our strongest winds since that wave feature in early March that brought some trees down here?

5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Some serious convection going in within the main rain band to... according to something I read on Facebook this morning it could enhance wind gusts over land above 60mph... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

An impressive looking radar, almost got the look of a hurricane to it as its almost a circular! Could get lively somewhere!

• Like 1

Posted

Windy all night here on the SE coast, nothing unusual at all here with gusts into the 40 mph zone. Wonder if we’ll beat the 76mph gust I recorded back in the spring?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I do not about Thurrock getting windy weather as it is still relatively calm with only a light breeze.  It could be the calm before the storm.  The barometric pressure has lowered further from 989.6 hPa down to 979.4 hPa  and is only 08:48 am.

Edited by Katrine Basso
Change data
  • Like 1

Posted

Watching  BBC  weather  could  be 70 mph in our  area now so batten down it  it could  get wild here soon radar  looking  very nasty

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

When I left for work just over an hour ago the sun was shining and it was actually quite calm , now the wind is howling it’s lashing down with rain and it’s getting darker and darker , Yuck  

• Like 2

Posted

Forget what I said earlier, torrential rain accompanied by very strong wind gusts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Wind and rain has arrived here with some strong gusts, but worst of it not due until later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

The wind is picking up here now a lot in Rye. We are right on the coast. I was wondering if anyone had any recordings that they might post throughout the day. 

Posted

Is the wind forecast to be strongest under the rain or after it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It is raining very heavily and the winds have begun to get stronger. The barometer has lowered again lowered from 979.4 hPa to 978.2 hpa.  My cat Simba is more restless than usual, probably very sensitive to the change in weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Standing on the seafront and it’s insanely windy, easily 70mph gusts maybe more worst storm I’ve experienced since 2013/14 winter 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

For once I can actually say this is a proper storm, unlike the "storms" we normally get with some brief gusty winds and then some moderate rain for about 1 or 2 hours then its gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

According to the BBC website (I know) it should be gusting to 45 mph in my location already which really is not the case and by the early evening much calmer, I'm not sure if this is correct?