Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The first frost of South Ockendon, there is light frost on the roofs and all the parked vehicles are covered in frost. I cannot see any frost on the lawns. When I go out to the back garden, I will look out for spider's webs as they look so beautiful when frost/dew covers them.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

My inside weather station says that the outdoor temperature is 6°C but the Met Office has the temperature at 2°C with the feels like temperature at 0°C.  The sky is 95% clear and they are a scattering of cirrus clouds and in the low horizon there are stratocumulus clouds.

• Like 1

Posted

Thick ice on the windscreen this morning - not sure if we got some drizzle that froze but it was so thick I had to actually get the kettle out

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

very Upsetting morning, had to walk past an accident by bubs school. The whole thing was horrible and although I had no part in it hearing this poor child crying and a person on the ground shook me up. Thankfully Bubs didn't see it. 

Apart from that it was a nice frosty morning. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Dami said:

very Upsetting morning, had to walk past an accident by bubs school. The whole thing was horrible and although I had no part in it hearing this poor child crying and a person on the ground shook me up. Thankfully Bubs didn't see it. 

Apart from that it was a nice frosty morning. 

Commuting every day I've seen some horrendous accidents including fatalities. Though bad in themselves, there's nothing so bad as having children involved, either directly or as a bystander. As you say - thankfully your little one didn't see it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
4 minutes ago, CanadianCoops said:

Commuting every day I've seen some horrendous accidents including fatalities. Though bad in themselves, there's nothing so bad as having children involved, either directly or as a bystander. As you say - thankfully your little one didn't see it.

The thing is, apart from writing a lengthy post, it could of been avoided, but the head is sticking her heels in. Very Dangerous bend by the school with 100's forced to walk down and wait by it and it was only a matter of time. 

Posted

Probably a bit late to this, but first air frost here in outer London, albeit a very slight one. It was gone pretty soon. Today makes me think of winter. Shame this settled period doesn't appear to be lasting long.

• Like 1

Posted

11 years ago today  - 28th of October - at about this time, I headed off  to Asda in High Wycombe in my car and to my astonishment,  it started to snow. Over the next hour or two over an inch fell.

It was magical. I remember coming home and seeing our uncarved pumpkins in the yard dusted with snow.?️

• Like 7

Posted

first taste of autumn this morning. nice and frosty on the grass but clear skies at sunrise and a low of -1.7c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Got down to 0.8 here in Locksbottom this morning,the coldest of the autumn so far.Frost was pretty much gone by 8.30-8.45.The autumn down here has been a strange one with first 3 weeks of September seeing very little if any rainfall but since then we have just had rain on a very regular basis(barely had 2 consecutive dry days in October).With the rain it has also felt cooler than normal compared to previous years but that just might be me as I haven’t looked up averages.

• Like 1

Posted

Frosty28thOct2019.thumb.JPG.41c349fad0b8decbc3f5d38a941e9824.JPG Overnight Low Temp of -2.5°C  @ 5am 

Gave a glittery ground, grass, cars and rooftops to greet the morning sunshine.

Current temp is 5.3°C but with overcast skies so can't see a repeat happening by morning, unfortunately!

• Like 2

Posted

morning  all just looked  at the gfs  i wished i had not!!  after wednesday its looking horrible  nov 5  could be a wash out and into fantasy world  it still  looking very wet  deep into fantasy world could bring problems with people living  near rivers as its  so wet at the  moment

• Like 2

Posted

Woken by heavy rain around 5am - shame it’s not a few degrees colder as the showers are coming in from the north east on a little streamer across Kent at the moment! 
Currently 7c and raining - I see it’s much cooler to the north of London where there’s no rain.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

MO got today wrong so far, plenty of showers entering from the East. Just at Selhurst on train and its raining. So much for dry few days lol

Posted

Wow if this is the settled weather I'm not looking forward to the unsettled weather. Been tipping it down most of the morning here

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

huh!...raining, can't remember this being in the forecast? showers coming off the North Sea (give us a break).

• Like 1

Posted

It is has been raining for a few hours now in South Ockendon.  This was not forecasted but then I am in an area that does not have it's own area and have to rely on weather forecasts based on Shoeburyness on the coast or Central London which has it's own micro climate.  This is the reason that I cannot rely on weather forecasts, the wunderground personal weather forecast for South Ockendon is unavailable.  I am doubting the reliability of my indoor automated weather station (and it is connected to a small device outside) as it is connects to the nearest weather station which could be 20 miles away from where I live.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

ill with gastric flu today which is rather unpleasant ! Cool and grey outside waiting by the looks of it.... waiting for the dog walker to pick up patch as I won't manage a walk  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
35 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

ill with gastric flu today which is rather unpleasant ! Cool and grey outside waiting by the looks of it.... waiting for the dog walker to pick up patch as I won't manage a walk  

I’m sorry to hear that! I hope you get well soon  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
21 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

It is has been raining for a few hours now in South Ockendon.  This was not forecasted but then I am in an area that does not have it's own area and have to rely on weather forecasts based on Shoeburyness on the coast or Central London which has it's own micro climate.  This is the reason that I cannot rely on weather forecasts, the wunderground personal weather forecast for South Ockendon is unavailable.  I am doubting the reliability of my indoor automated weather station (and it is connected to a small device outside) as it is connects to the nearest weather station which could be 20 miles away from where I live.

I've just calibrated my new one using extrapolation/triangulation of localish weather stations, can you not do similar? I used to live up the road to you in Brentwood, I miss those Thames streamers! 

Beautiful, clear, sunny and cold morning up this way set against some amazing colours, is it me or are the leaves a little more colourful so far this year? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
20 hours ago, LightningLover said:

I’m sorry to hear that! I hope you get well soon  

Thank you it seems to have cleared - will leave the house for the first time in 3 days today ! 

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, James1979 said:

I've just calibrated my new one using extrapolation/triangulation of localish weather stations, can you not do similar? I used to live up the road to you in Brentwood, I miss those Thames streamers! 

Beautiful, clear, sunny and cold morning up this way set against some amazing colours, is it me or are the leaves a little more colourful so far this year? 

It is the CliMET CM9088 model which has an outdoor sensor that I use to get readings.  I don't know which local weather station, it is connecting to.  The times for the sunrise and sunset are wrong but the instructions do not explain on how to change the times, yet the (clock) time is correct.  I have contacted ClimeMet for instructions as the pdf instructions are not helpful.

• Like 1