Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

yes very mild on the run this morning big moist gusts of wind but remaining dry for now !!

Posted
2 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

yes very mild on the run this morning big moist gusts of wind but remaining dry for now !!

Reading some of the other forums it not a pretty picture in some parts of the country  at    the  moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It has been quite blustery today and all through most of yesterday.  This was not forecasted and there is still confusion whether or not (according to the on-line weather forecasts) there will be any rain today.  I think it will be a case of now casting.

Posted

Radar   saying in coming could be  quite a bit of standing water  as it  so wet around here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

A dry window this morning and with the wind my lawn was finally dry so got that cut...and here comes the rain again (falling on my head like a new emotion)

Sadly ecm going for now a short cooler dry period next week as opposed to what it was running for the last couple of days and with low pressure once again in charge come the start of the new month (why shouldn't we be surprised).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Yet another vile day here with some heavy bursts of rain and gusty winds. Thankfully, at least tomorrow looks much nicer. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Looks like there is a little squall line amongst that band .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

Looks like there is a little squall line amongst that band .

There was. Only lasted 10 minutes but the wind briefly increased dramatically 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A striking graph line showing the plummeting temperature as the cold front went through at around 18.00 this evening. Strolling home from a teatime pint it felt notably different from the silly mild of 17.7C at 12.40 lunchtime.

2125755185_RadmacTemp26Oct2019.thumb.jpg.9e045db0cd45d1b672c50075ccb84378.jpg  1569905423_Radar26Oct18_45.thumb.jpg.64447c73755fd3e16f939ab92b808800.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There has been heavy showers in Tilbury and in South Ockendon throughout the afternoon and into the early evening.  The temperature went up to 16.5ºC.  The temperature at 8:32pm is 12.4% and the humidity is at 75%. The barometric pressure is 1,006.43 hPa.

Posted
45 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

A striking graph line showing the plummeting temperature as the cold front went through at around 18.00 this evening. Strolling home from a teatime pint it felt notably different from the silly mild of 17.7C at 12.40 lunchtime.

2125755185_RadmacTemp26Oct2019.thumb.jpg.9e045db0cd45d1b672c50075ccb84378.jpg  1569905423_Radar26Oct18_45.thumb.jpg.64447c73755fd3e16f939ab92b808800.jpg

The cold has finally arrived on the SE Kent coast too - dropped 6c in 15 minutes!

A34823CD-3229-4DE1-97F5-036163BD2CDC.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Seriously hoping for a cold snap, I had honey bees in the chimney stack, and they were making there way into my flat, wasn't bothered by them at all, I could catch them easy, and release them outside, but sadly, im now getting wasps, and looking at the stack earlier, I fear they've killed the bees to get to the honey, and they're a bloody nightmare, been chasing 1 in my front room for 2 hour's, now I can't find the bloody thing lol, a good cold snap will finish them off, as they struggle to fly at around 10c

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Seriously hoping for a cold snap, I had honey bees in the chimney stack, and they were making there way into my flat, wasn't bothered by them at all, I could catch them easy, and release them outside, but sadly, im now getting wasps, and looking at the stack earlier, I fear they've killed the bees to get to the honey, and they're a bloody nightmare, been chasing 1 in my front room for 2 hour's, now I can't find the bloody thing lol, a good cold snap will finish them off, as they struggle to fly at around 10c

Frost sunday night 2c for your area

• Like 2

Posted

The skies are still overcast in Thurrock and temperatures have only slightly gone down.  At 11:45pm, the temperature is 11.3ºC and the humidity is at 73%.  Pressure: 1015mb, Steady

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Feels weird waking up to clear skies and no rain.

Cant believe it may actually stay dry today. Miracle.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

It's not raining, but its overcast, i'll take that lol

Posted

Loved this cold front passing through. It reminded me of Canada in the Fall when a cold front coming down form the arctic could drop temps 30oC in an hour or so. Obviously nowhere near the extreme but a cold front is a cold front ❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Sunny but cold. Finally, some weather I can actually do something in. Going to take full advantage and 'put the garden to sleep for winter'.

• Like 3

Posted

Much cooler this morning (7C currently) but with mainly clear skies and some sunshine, finally. Satellite pic shows this well, the front now affecting N France and much of the continent. Warmer air ahead of it, 19C in Prague currently, that’s unusual for late October. 

D2D1661A-C5B6-4C28-8A78-0D6C3DA37D5D.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 4

Posted

Temperature high: 6.6 C

Temperature low:  6.4 C

Temperature average: 6.5 C

Dew point high: 5.0 C

Dew point low: 4.8 C

Dew point average: 4.9 C

Barometric pressure high: 1,010.84 hPa

Barometric pressure low: 1,010.50 hPa

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Chilly and dry outside this evening. Lovely. 

Hopefully forecasts are right and it will not rain for another 3 days here. Ground is saturated. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

First air frost of the season here in the Hadleigh 'hole'. Got down to -0.8C imby and in the early light the lawn is twinkling and the roofs are white. And plenty of sunshine to look forward to. What's not to like with this welcomed break from grey and wet!  :oldsmile:

• Like 3