Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

As others have said what a stinker of a day!!☔️One of those days when it has never got properly light and car headlights will be on all day in this gloom.currently 11.8 degrees in locksbottom and steady rain.Hopefully next week will be drier and brighter as it doesn’t look too clever for SE thread for next 2-3 days with rain never far away.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Back in west London until Sunday, what delightful weather today  Very dark and gloomy.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Hosing it down in Londinium, more rivers springing up - today reminds me of when i went to the solar eclipse in 1999, incredibly dark day today. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

All this rain has inspired me to write a poem on h2g2 based on what most computer models are saying that our autumn and winter will go, which in three words will be: 'wet and windy'.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

A stay at home and drink tea day.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I just heard a short grumble of thunder at 2pm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
21 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

All this rain has inspired me to write a poem on h2g2 based on what most computer models are saying that our autumn and winter will go, which in three words will be: 'wet and windy'.

As long as it is actually wet and windy and not just endless cloud doing nothing or mizzle then that's ok by me.  Hopefully punctuated with some clear and frosty nights and deluges of snow... but we all know those days being frequent are generally long behind us!  Still expecting to see a new record warm day in Dec or Jan - I'll go for 18.6c. 

Edited by James1979
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Crickey, quiet in here today

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

We just had an incredibly spontaneous shower In Bexhill! Almost seemed unnatural! Must have touched very heavy on my scale. Also fell right on the stroke of midnight... Spooky.

Oh! Have I mentioned that I’m going on holiday tomorrow? To fuetreventura! I’m kind of sad that I’m going to miss the dark, chilled atmosphere of Halloween in the UK, but obviously I’m very excited to not only be going abroad for the first time, but also flying for my first time. 

I wish everyone on the forum the best! See you all in a week!  

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

A friend from Eastbourne took this photo this morning, beautiful, red sky in the morning...!

Have a super holiday lightening lover. 

2B940FEB-0945-4630-8345-88C0CB98420C.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

It was lovely clear sky at 6 am in the morning, but the cloud cover has increased rapidly.  Maximum temperature have been forecasted to be 17ºC but I don't think Thurrock will exceed 15ºC.  It is 11:19 am and the temperature is 13.2%.  The humidity is at 80%. The barometric pressure is rising quickly at 1013.8.

Posted

There is disagreement with weatheroutlook.com, BBC weather, Met Office and the wunderground weather forecasts whether or not there will be rain in London and the South East today or tomorrow. The Met Office have a yellow warning for rain for London and the South East as well as the East of England from Between 15:00 (UTC+1) on Fri 25 Oct 2019 and 15:00 (UTC+1) on Sat 26 Oct 2019, yet the Met Office weather warning video on YouTube did not mention these areas but only mentioned the South West of England, the West of England and Wales as well as Northern England.  

Edited by Katrine Basso
Add more information
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another lovely grey day here with the added excitement of intermittent rain and drizzle, in a gusty S’ly wind. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Windy evening out there. Wet, windy and cold. Proper snuggles weather.

• Like 2

Posted

Today's maximum temperature is 15.6ºC and there has been afternoon fine to moderate rain.

Posted
15 hours ago, Surrey said:

Surprised at no warning from met about wind strength today and tonight.. Could get get windy later on today.. Although not as bad as what was first showing still looks like 50mph can't be ruled out inland... 

It was very challenging around 3 this afternoon walking west along Cornhill in the City, people were almost bending into it just to walk along the pavement! Still very windy out there although warm with it. The radar shows the rain inching towards us. A cosy night in beckons. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

I'm in Gosport tonight and certainly don't envy my Son and his family onboard the overnight Portsmouth to St Malo ferry crossing. Blowing a gale here and near horizontal rain.

That following what has been a fairly mixed day here. Some bright spells earlier and temperature on my car thermometer reading 18c at one point. It rapidly went downhill late afernoon though.

Edited by SenlacJack
  • Like 2

Posted

How bizarre its 16 degrees out there right now. Tomorrow will go down by 1 degree in the day and by night time it will be only 5 degrees . How mad is that.?

• Like 2

16c when I just went out around 7am.. That is madness feels really strange had a jumper on and only really when the wind hits you need it.. But even that feels pretty tropical... I have a fireworks display to put on tonight for a Halloween party.. Looking at various charts hopefully the rain band clears around 7-8pm and winds are easing down throughout the day.. 

The cold and frosty Halloween looks out the window.. More wind + rain 

Our Tropical climate continues.. I have bamboo still sending new canes out 0.0 Some are growing around 1" a day .. That.. is crazy for October.

• Like 3

Posted

We are  very lucky at  the  moment lots of the country I see are flooded  on the other forums our turn next as it's all ready so wet here at the  moment

• Like 1