Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

So Glad they put the Amber warning out for Thunderstorms . Torrential drizzle here all day

• Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

An intense line of convection to the SW of London, moving towards the capital now 

We ended up with a whole five minutes of heavy rain out of that lot, which broke up more or less as it arrived. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Complete bust here. Had heavy rain for about 10 minutes at 7pm and then just drizzle. No T&L

• Like 2

Posted

Had a torrential downpour from that line which seemed to slow right down over us the heavy rain lasted about an hour earlier gave me 10mm. 

Edited by jordan smith
  • Like 1

Posted

Amber warning. Just looked at lightning maps the only one I trust for real time strikes. Its drier that the Sahara. Take a look for entertainment value. The excitement with sn amber warning for storms. Always a Kent clipper. Washed out to sea. Now my eyes head north looking for an outbreak of cold weather and possibly to the east of snow. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Well, I can report......nowt! 

Few spots of rain and that's it! Wind has picked up a little though and mild at 14.4c

• Like 1

Most if not all the lightning activity stayed away from us yesterday.. Not really surprised when I saw the track of those storms over France I thought that is going to be a bit tricky to land them even as a Kent clipper. But the Heavy rain certainly did make it.

Around 8pm last night we also caught that heavy stuff that moved up through West London.. torrential rain for a good half an hour.. 

River levels around my way are slowly creeping up now... 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Yesterday's rainfall totals nowhere near as much as forecasts had suggested. Definitely a bust for most of the Region. Here's the Netweather Extra 24 hour rainfall totals up to midnight, calculated using 1km radar data:

2138691100_RadarHiResRainfall14Oct.thumb.png.e1c7b0a678b72850e71f4f93d67a7202.png

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
34 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yesterday's rainfall totals nowhere near as much as forecasts had suggested. Definitely a bust for most of the Region. Here's the Netweather Extra 24 hour rainfall totals up to midnight, calculated using 1km radar data:

2138691100_RadarHiResRainfall14Oct.thumb.png.e1c7b0a678b72850e71f4f93d67a7202.png

St Neots in the driest zone in the south east lot as per usual - always manage to deflect the heaviest stuff somehow!

Estofex were the most accurate again yesterday, they really do seem to be the go to guys for me for realistic storm forecasts/probabilities.

• Like 1

Posted

Ok weather forecasting is far from easy but why was the warning so far wrong. Was anybody affected by the warning?

Bit of a case of crying wolf unfortunately. As I was off to a talk yesterday evening I had actually got torches ready at home in case electricity got cut off because of lightening and warned a few people.

Talk was informative but gruesome as it was on what to do if you turn up just after a traffic accident where there are traumatic injuries. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Had no thunder yesterday at all, but did have a couple of hours of heavy rain, still no standing water in the fields, but it must be getting close to it

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

In London for 24 hours, the weather is just beautiful....oh sorry, that was a dream Tipping it down, yet again.

• Like 2

Posted

Really enjoying all this heavy rain, its very autumnal, and useful, going forward. Though the complete absence of thunder/lightning in this long unsettled period is surprising. 

Great weather for digging over the allotment later for winter planting. 

14c and rain in SW London just now. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Bubs enjoyed her camp. Nice big fire and marshmallows. Not all the girls went, some were put of by the drizzle. But anyway, the rain did get heavier towards the end of the evening, but the woods sheltered them all. 

Took delivery of winter cold stuffs yesterday. I feel the cold and have been sweating on the walk to school, but i'm sure they will keep till we get any cold.

Drizzle today. Bubs off to a sports festival and we have parents evening.

\o/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

My rainwater gauge has reached 15 millimetre point since I first placed in my garden last Friday.  The temperature at 2:47pm is 15.3ºC , the humidity is at 71% and the barometric pressure is at 1002.4 and it is rising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

An acquaintance of mine, told me that she saw lightning last week, when I saw nothing.  She only lives a quarter a mile away from me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
6 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Really enjoying all this heavy rain, its very autumnal, and useful, going forward. Though the complete absence of thunder/lightning in this long unsettled period is surprising. 

Same as that mate, loving it at the moment. Cant bear it if it's just cloud or drizzle but heavy rain- bring it on! Active weather of any kind is enjoyable for me.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
6 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Agree. Personally it’s much more fun watching the radar than being constantly dry and cloudy, I can understand why people don’t like it but autumn is what deep lows wind and rain is all about as well as early cold shots and the odd misty calm days thrown in.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

To quote a Supertramp song 'It's raining again'...why shouldn't I be surprised.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

We still managed to have a wet morning - but was a sunny afternoon with fabulous golden light in London 

F3026425-A3A0-4CAA-BD52-B3F9DD58D2D3.jpeg

0CD8569A-2704-440B-8D61-B361EB59158E.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Nice cool morning and clear. Garden said it was barely above 1c but alexa knows best and said it was 5c.

Didn't feel overly cold, a little chilly, but I'm quite surprised how warm I am feeling doing the walk to school at the moment.

Tried out thermal T-shirt and thin jumper. The Bizz my friends. 

P.S. I saw some anvils last night which looked like a dying storm. Very pretty. No pic cos airhead.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Great satellite image of the swirling low off the NW of the UK with its associated showers. And you can see the blob of cloud (with rain) already into the south of the Region and which will spoil the current sunshine here too.

315456450_Satellite17Oct11_30.thumb.jpg.2b15d10adaa647ed0df53fe74aebe8cc.jpg

• Like 3