Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
19 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Yes Jordan your right , I was getting this mixed up with the all time record for October which was on the 1st at 29c . Can’t believe it’s still raining and looking at the forecast there is plenty more to come , maybe these dried up streams might even start to flow if we get a few more weeks of this . 

Yeah the rain has been prolonged here too just went to look at a few streams my way they are flowing really well now been a couple of years since I've seen them back to more normal levels and a pond nearby is full finally! :yahoo:muds getting super soggy though. :nonono:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

It’s really soupy out there today - central heating back to the off position temp of 17 c and a dew point of 14.9c means it’s really humid feel - 

off upto east London for the flower market and a furniture show can’t work out it if it will rain or not ...! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
12 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

It’s atrocious out there commuting home tonight , hope this front does one , hate this kind of weather all a bit meh for me , being on the snow , now your talking , or a balmy Halloween like I seem to remember a few years ago , wasn’t high  20s achieved .

Hello Mark

I trust you are well. Been very wet in mid Essex too. I agree about bringing on the snow, that is my type of weather. Make sure your Coop has enough soup in for the Big Freeze some pundits are predicting this winter. To be on the safe side you should also stock up on burgers & steaks for BBQ's.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

After yesterday's constant rain, today is slightly better with a few glimpses of the sun.  The temperature is 16ºC, the humidity is at 80% RH and the barometer pressure has slightly risen and is at 1002.1 hPa. Tomorrow morning there is a chance of mist/fog.

Edited by Katrine Basso
Adding extra information
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Brief respite this afternoon before another deluge tomorrow  ?️

13th October and it’s soaking here. Bogged ground and surface water still present after being dry for past 4 hours and with more boring rain forecast it doesn’t get anymore grim. 

6 more months of this. Hoping we get some decent dry periods in summer in 2020 

Posted

Looking at country file might  need to get the arc out for  Monday  going to be very wet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Stupidly went out for a another cycle ride today, West St Leonard’s to Bexhill, Norman’s Bay and round to Pevensey castle, all in a westerly-ish direction, given the wind direction it was blinking hard work. On the return leg however it was a piece of cake whizzed along! The seascape was pretty wild, watched some brave and very proficient wind surfers speeding along, quite envious of their abilities. I many moons ago tried wind surfing however I was useless, couldn’t seem to keep the sail upright ! Anyway looks as if we have more rain heading into our region over the week, we will all have evolved webbed feet soon.  
Finally thanks to all who post frequently on this thread I enjoy reading everyones contributions and photos. Bottoms up for a snowy winter gang! ❄️ ❄️ ⛄️ :drinks:

• Like 7

Posted

Radar saying next  lot rain  in France heading our way!,

Posted

Certainly another wet start across the south east maybe even a bit earlier than forecast ... so much for just clipping the south east corner !

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There were clear skies last night and that there was supposed to be early fog at 5 am but when I got up at 7 am, there was no sign of fog.  I don't know how long this spell of rain will last but if we get any drier weather and clear nights there will be a greater chance of getting fog. The wetter the ground is, which will increase the chances of dense fog. The humidity has been dropping since Saturday when it was 84% along with the rising of the barometric pressure. The humidity is at 79% and the barometric pressure is 1009.0. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Here are the daily readings from my local Met Office station at Wattisham from 1st Oct to 06.00 14th Oct. We are currently standing at 80.6mm of rain so far this month compared with the long-term average of 57mm for Wattisham for the entire month. Only one completely dry day so far. Wet, wet, wet.

683211810_OgimetWattisham01-14Oct.thumb.jpg.acb64c64d43e060e4097c695aa6d85c9.jpg

Source: http://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynres?lang=en&ind=03590&ndays=14&ano=2019&mes=10&day=14&hora=06&ord=REV&Send=Send

If you want to run the data for your own nearest station, look for it in this list and then click on the station, then enter the number of days you want the report to go back (14 if you do it today) and submit.

EDIT: Sorry - use this link if you want to run a report for a station near you: http://www.ogimet.com/gsynres.phtml.en

Edited by Blessed Weather
Correct link added.
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
21 hours ago, claret047 said:

Hello Mark

I trust you are well. Been very wet in mid Essex too. I agree about bringing on the snow, that is my type of weather. Make sure your Coop has enough soup in for the Big Freeze some pundits are predicting this winter. To be on the safe side you should also stock up on burgers & steaks for BBQ's.

Kind Regards

Dave

Hi Dave I’m well Thanks  , Plenty of burgers in stock at the moment . Also an up spike in soup sales already , another wet day today the will be happy .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I am but the Harbinger of a mild dry winter. 

Tell Hubs that where I pick bubs up from school now the wind whips round in the winter,from the fields, in places it shouldn't, so he'd gone and ordered me a thermal T-shirt and leggings.  At least I will be warm on Firework night. 

School photos today. Light rain my back side. Annoying that it stopped when I was walking back.

• Like 2

Posted

Since Friday 11th October to Monday 14th October , my back garden rain gauge has collected 10 cm of rain water.  The nearest Met Office Stations to Thurrock are London, St James Park and Shoeburyness, Landwick. Blessed Weather, I clicked onto the link but it had only data for 2015. Do you know how I can change the date at the top, thank you.

Edited by Katrine Basso
Adding extra information
  • Like 1

Posted

I eventually found the synop report summary for Gravesend-Broadness but there is no valid data for 03784 Gravesend-Broadness.  The nearest is London, St James Park and Southend.

Posted

Earlier heavy rain has given way to very overcast dull afternoon with constant drizzle - the dullness however is contrasted with the best colours so far of the cherry tree !

6DEF620F-AF35-4E54-B778-1814A99A2F06.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

This is the umpteenth day we've had storms forecast for this area with absolutely no model support for it as far as I can see. Bizarre.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Amber warning! Good grief!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Mad for October isn't it -surely it's just because it coincides with rush hour?  My escape out of London home later might be interesting - here's hoping! ?️ 

• Like 1

Posted

The Amber warning for the forecasted Thunderstorm and heavy rain is from 16:00 (UTC +1) to  21:00 (UTC+1) which is for London and the South East and the East of England.  Since the warning is for such a wide area, it is hard to know how accurate it is and some areas don't have access to a Met Office Weather Station.  I will wait and see if there will be loud noises coming from the sky from 15:00.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
3 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

Since Friday 11th October to Monday 14th October , my back garden rain gauge has collected 10 cm of rain water.  The nearest Met Office Stations to Thurrock are London, St James Park and Shoeburyness, Landwick. Blessed Weather, I clicked onto the link but it had only data for 2015. Do you know how I can change the date at the top, thank you.

Apologies to you and anyone else who followed my old incorrect link. Here's the correct link to use to run your own reports for a station near you. Note you'll need to put in the station code but they do provide a link to the full list. I think Shoeburyness might be your nearest Katrine?

http://www.ogimet.com/gsynres.phtml.en

• Like 1